Re: [KnotTyers] headhunters knot

  • russell smith
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 18, 2008
      I would also like the instructions to try my hand at this knot as well.

      Thanks

      From: C.E Brewer <cbrewsix@gmail. com>
      To: knottyers@yahoogrou ps.com
      Date: Monday, November 17, 2008, 2:22 PM

      check http://www.khww net/readarticle. php?article_ id=75 for a tut. this is
      a 3 pass. ive done 4 and 5 pass but keep coming back to the 3 pass

      hello everyone, I have posted a few pictures of headhunters knots.
      This subject is somewhat controversial. The headhunters knot as I
      learned it is very specific. 10 leads or strands, revolutions as I
      call it. The pattern is over 3 under 3. The first time I saw it was in
      the "encyclopedia of knots and fancy rope work". I can tie any
      variation of this knot as I call it. It can't start from a 3 lead
      turks head. It starts with 2 strands, over 1 under 1. Then it moves to
      4 strands over 1 under 1. Then comes 7 strands over 2 under 2. Then 10
      strands over 3 under 3. Someone in another group emailed me a good
      picture instruction set. If anyone would like to see it let me know
      and I will be glad to forward it to you.

    • C.E Brewer
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 19, 2008
        address for head hunter tut on KHWW

        http://www.khww.net/readarticle.php?article_id=75