Re: Some new pictures

  • schoonerbum1
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 16, 2008
      Andre,

      Those floating keychains....is that design similar to a rope fender....? The centers...are
      they just different colored line, round turned around the cork?

      Billy

      --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, André <avds_1@...> wrote:

      > Hello Fellow knot tyers,
      >
      > I have put a few new pictures of our monthly meeting on my website.
      > (A little later than normal tho)
      >

      > http://home.tiscali.nl/knotsandknottying/igkt290308.html
      >
      > have fun
      >
      > André

    • André
      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 18, 2008
        Hi Billy,

        Yes these floating keychains are just like a ropefender. You can use
        different kinds of coverings if you like.

        regards
        André
        --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, "schoonerbum1" <schoonerbum1@...>
        wrote:

        > Andre,
        >
        > Those floating keychains....is that design similar to a rope
        fender....? The centers...are
        > they just different colored line, round turned around the cork?
        >
        > Billy
        >

        > --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, André <avds_1@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hello Fellow knot tyers,
        > >
        > > I have put a few new pictures of our monthly meeting on my
        website.
        > > (A little later than normal tho)
        > >

        > > http://home.tiscali.nl/knotsandknottying/igkt290308.html
        > >
        > > have fun
        > >
        > > André

      • schoonerbum1
        Message 3 of 15 , Apr 18, 2008
          Thanks! I'm really curious about them. I usually start bottle coverings that look similar, but
          I couldn't see what happens to the top and bottom, they kind of disappear into the center.
          Any chance Mr. Evers might put up some more details?

          Billy

          --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, André <avds_1@...> wrote:

          > Hi Billy,
          >
          > Yes these floating keychains are just like a ropefender. You can use
          > different kinds of coverings if you like.
          >
          > regards
          > André
          > --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, "schoonerbum1" <schoonerbum1@>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > Andre,
          > >
          > > Those floating keychains....is that design similar to a rope
          > fender....? The centers...are
          > > they just different colored line, round turned around the cork?
          > >
          > > Billy
          > >

          > > --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, André <avds_1@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Hello Fellow knot tyers,
          > > >
          > > > I have put a few new pictures of our monthly meeting on my
          > website.
          > > > (A little later than normal tho)
          > > >

          > > > http://home.tiscali.nl/knotsandknottying/igkt290308.html
          > > >
          > > > have fun
          > > >
          > > > André

        • Herman evers
          Message 4 of 15 , Apr 20, 2008
            Billy
            the covering of a cork like a fender is not my idia but is done by more
            persons,   i saw Andre doing it .
            one of the things i try is make my own rope,.... and  the smal ropes i use them to cover a cork
            or an  knive or an needlecase.. or ... whatever in passing by to cover them
            the color is depending on the material i have
            can be cotton or wool or whatever i can get  for a low price
            yust begin (needle)half hithing  say between 11 to 14 hitches on the top and work down the cork
            cover the begin under your hitching
            on the bottom you work the needle through  or under your covering cut of the rope and hide the end under your needle hitched cork
            you can work with more collors  and or  with differend sise rope
            to make some different paterns i had a book  made bij Stuart E. Grainger caled |Knotcraft
            also a book  from Kay Lund wich must be there in englisch  had some good variations
            hope that you can read my englisch and that you can understand what i try to explain
            let me know if you want some more answers
            greeting Herman Evers

            Thanks! I'm really curious about them. I usually start bottle coverings that look similar, but
            I couldn't see what happens to the top and bottom, they kind of disappear into the center.
            Any chance Mr. Evers might put up some more details?

            Billy

            --- In knottyers@yahoogrou ps.com, André <avds_1@...> wrote:

            > Hi Billy,
            >
            > Yes these floating keychains are just like a ropefender. You can use
            > different kinds of coverings if you like.
            >
            > regards
            > André
            > --- In knottyers@yahoogrou ps.com, "schoonerbum1" <schoonerbum1@ >
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > Andre,
            > >
            > > Those floating keychains... .is that design similar to a rope
            > fender....? The centers...are
            > > they just different colored line, round turned around the cork?
            > >
            > > Billy
            > >

            > > --- In knottyers@yahoogrou ps.com, André <avds_1@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Hello Fellow knot tyers,
            > > >
            > > > I have put a few new pictures of our monthly meeting on my
            > website.
            > > > (A little later than normal tho)
            > > >

            > > > http://home. tiscali.nl/ knotsandknottyin g/igkt290308. html
            > > >
            > > > have fun
            > > >
            > > > André

          • schoonerbum1
            Message 5 of 15 , Apr 22, 2008
              Herman,

              Thank you so much! I really was impressed with them. They are so unique, I can't wait to
              try it! Thanks so much for explaining it!
              Billy