Re: [KnotTyers] dog lead braids....

  • Sidney Wood
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 17, 2008
      Actually there are only two criteria for a pineapple knot.
      !. an odd number of parts.
      2. The foundation and interweave differing by two parts for a type 1 and
      being equal for the others.
      This results in more possible combinations than I can count even with
      knots of a reasonable size.
      There is a simple technique that allows any of them to be braided by
      inspection as you go.
      If you could let me know how to post to the Pineapple forum and attach
      graphics, I could probably expound on this to some length.
      About the round braids, the start and sequence for any turkshead or
      interweave can be derived from the mat grid for the knot.

      Sidney Wood