Help with knots in Lady Lake, Florida

  • dgtlcwby
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 31, 2008
      Hi everyone. I was contacted by a person in Lady Lake, Florida. Lady
      Lake is approx 42 miles NW from Orlando, Florida. He is looking for
      someone who will do some knotting/fancy work on his house boat. He
      wants to help so that he also can learn. I do not know how much he
      wants done or what supplies he has. Her is a copy of his message to
      me:

      "Hello—my name is Len Williams and I obtained your contact info while
      attending an Antique & Classic boat show in Tavares, Florida. The man
      at the booth was from Fender Loft in Ontario, Canada. Anyway—I would
      like to have done-- some decorative rope work on my boat house which is
      located on Lake Griffin inLlady Lake, Florida, 32159. Hope that you
      may assist in helping me to locate someone in the Central Florida area
      that has these skills. I have tried it myself using a knot tying book
      but can't seem to follow the diagrams & Pictures. Appreciate any help--
      -by the way your pictures of your work are just great. Thanks, Len"

      His contact information is: Leonard Williams lhw8530@...

      DgtlCwby
    • Mike Ruddy
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 31, 2008
        Hi, Mike Ruddy here, from Fender Loft. I referred Mr. Williams to the
        IGKT for help with his request, I'm glad to see he managed to contact
        someone. I am having a lovely time here in Florida, but I have no time
        to work on Len's project; leaving for snowy old Ontario Wednesday :-(

        Len seemed like a decent fellow and is obviously sincere about having
        this project done. I hope one of you will be able to help him. I
        recall that he wants to have some knotwork applied to a railing. I
        recommended that it be varnished or otherwise treated to prevent it
        from soiling, but I don't know any further details.

        Thanks all,
        Mike Ruddy

        --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, "dgtlcwby" <dgtlcwby@...> wrote:

        > Hi everyone. I was contacted by a person in Lady Lake, Florida. Lady
        > Lake is approx 42 miles NW from Orlando, Florida. He is looking for
        > someone who will do some knotting/fancy work on his house boat. He
        > wants to help so that he also can learn. I do not know how much he
        > wants done or what supplies he has. Her is a copy of his message to
        > me:
        >
        > "Hello—my name is Len Williams and I obtained your contact info while
        > attending an Antique & Classic boat show in Tavares, Florida. The man
        > at the booth was from Fender Loft in Ontario, Canada. Anyway—I would
        > like to have done-- some decorative rope work on my boat house which is
        > located on Lake Griffin inLlady Lake, Florida, 32159. Hope that you
        > may assist in helping me to locate someone in the Central Florida area
        > that has these skills. I have tried it myself using a knot tying book
        > but can't seem to follow the diagrams & Pictures. Appreciate any help--
        > -by the way your pictures of your work are just great. Thanks, Len"
        >
        > His contact information is: Leonard Williams lhw8530@...
        >
        > DgtlCwby

      • Charles Jacobus
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 15, 2008
          --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Ruddy" <ruddym67@...> wrote:

          > Hi, Mike Ruddy here, from Fender Loft. I referred Mr. Williams to the
          > IGKT for help with his request, I'm glad to see he managed to contact
          > someone. I am having a lovely time here in Florida, but I have no time
          > to work on Len's project; leaving for snowy old Ontario Wednesday :-(
          >
          > Len seemed like a decent fellow and is obviously sincere about having
          > this project done. I hope one of you will be able to help him. I
          > recall that he wants to have some knotwork applied to a railing. I
          > recommended that it be varnished or otherwise treated to prevent it
          > from soiling, but I don't know any further details.
          >
          > Thanks all,
          > Mike Ruddy
          >

          > --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, "dgtlcwby" dgtlcwby@ wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi everyone. I was contacted by a person in Lady Lake, Florida. Lady
          > > Lake is approx 42 miles NW from Orlando, Florida. He is looking for
          > > someone who will do some knotting/fancy work on his house boat. He
          > > wants to help so that he also can learn. I do not know how much he
          > > wants done or what supplies he has. Her is a copy of his message to
          > > me:
          > >
          > > "Hello—my name is Len Williams and I obtained your contact info
          while
          > > attending an Antique & Classic boat show in Tavares, Florida. The
          man
          > > at the booth was from Fender Loft in Ontario, Canada. Anyway—I
          would
          > > like to have done-- some decorative rope work on my boat house which
          is
          > > located on Lake Griffin inLlady Lake, Florida, 32159. Hope that you
          > > may assist in helping me to locate someone in the Central Florida
          area
          > > that has these skills. I have tried it myself using a knot tying
          book
          > > but can't seem to follow the diagrams & Pictures. Appreciate any
          help--
          > > -by the way your pictures of your work are just great. Thanks, Len"
          > >
          > > His contact information is: Leonard Williams lhw8530@
          > >
          > > DgtlCwby
          > >I might be of some help to you. I live in Auburndale,Fl.
          > > Next to Winterhaven.

          Charlie