Texas Branch

  • Thomas Horton
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 5, 2007
      I recently met with Gary Sessions about the status of the Texas Branch of
      the IGKT. Officially, it's still active, but there hasn't been a meeting in
      a while. I offered to try to get meetings started again in Dallas, and he's
      all for it, but he doesn't feel up to taking on a leadership role. He'd
      rather see others step up to help. Any assistance would be great. I'm a
      beginner when it comes to tying knots, and I'm new to the IGKT as well, so
      I'm hoping to find some more experience local folks to show us how it's
      done. E-mail is the best way to contact me, but here are some other ways as
      well.

      Thomas Horton
      5350 Amesbury Apt. 207
      Dallas, TX 75206
      (318) 230-2729
      thomashorton@...

    • Lindsey Philpott
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 6, 2007
        Hi Thomas,

        All I can offer is moral support, but if there is anything you need to know about how we have organized our group (Pacific Americas Branch) let me know and I will definitely try to assist wherever I can. Thanks for trying to get the ball rolling in Texas!

        Thomas Horton <thomashorton@...> wrote:
        I recently met with Gary Sessions about the status of the Texas Branch of
        the IGKT. Officially, it's still active, but there hasn't been a meeting in
        a while. I offered to try to get meetings started again in Dallas, and he's
        all for it, but he doesn't feel up to taking on a leadership role. He'd
        rather see others step up to help. Any assistance would be great. I'm a
        beginner when it comes to tying knots, and I'm new to the IGKT as well, so
        I'm hoping to find some more experience local folks to show us how it's
        done. E-mail is the best way to contact me, but here are some other ways as
        well.

        Thomas Horton
        5350 Amesbury Apt. 207
        Dallas, TX 75206
        (318) 230-2729
        thomashorton@...

        Board Member IGKTPAB

      • chazzjh
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 6, 2007
          I live in Plano and have been a quiet member of IGKT an NAB for a
          couple of years. I have never been to a meeting of any kind except for
          a visit to the Center for Wooden Boats in Seatytle where the PAB had a
          display a couple pf years ago.

          I would be interested in getting something started here. I travel quite
          a bit and have little experience with knots otehr than Boy Scouts and a
          personal hobby.

          Please let me know if you get enough interest to put together a meeting.

          Charlie
        • Nelson Nunez
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 6, 2007
            I was wondering, is there a New York branch?
          • Lindsey Philpott
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 6, 2007
              Hi Nelson,

              There are four Branches in the USA - the Texas Branch, the North American Branch, the Alaskan Branch and the Pacific Americas Branch. They have a different focus for each, some have monthy meetings, some have annual meetings, some have no meetings. There may be a few folks in New York State or nearby who could meet together but, unless you start it, it doesn't exist. Let us know if you need help!

              Nelson Nunez <sugarbear132@...> wrote:
              I was wondering, is there a New York branch?

              Board Member IGKTPAB

            • Dave Hedgepeth
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 7, 2007
                Thomas,

                Please let me know when and where you will have the meeting if schedule allows I'd like to attend. I live in Galveston.

                Dave Hedgepeth
                DaveDoesKnotWork.com