Intro and question

  • Rick Rogers
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 30, 2007
      Good morning,
      I'm a new member. First let me say thanks for adding me to the group.
      I can already tell I'm in way over my head! I'm a new knot tier and am
      starting off with paracord. I've started a 4 strand lanyard and would
      like to tie an eye splice on one end of it. Does anyone know of a link
      where I could find instructions for working with four strands of
      paracord? Every link I've been able to find has a simple 3 strand
      example.

      Thanks in advance and wow; there are some really nice knots here.

      Rick
    • greg turner
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 30, 2007
        I second ricks' requst for some sites that would help
        me learn this craft.
        Greg
        --- Rick Rogers <rerog65@...> wrote:

        > Good morning,
        > I'm a new member. First let me say thanks for
        > adding me to the group.
        > I can already tell I'm in way over my head! I'm a
        > new knot tier and am
        > starting off with paracord. I've started a 4 strand
        > lanyard and would
        > like to tie an eye splice on one end of it. Does
        > anyone know of a link
        > where I could find instructions for working with
        > four strands of
        > paracord? Every link I've been able to find has a
        > simple 3 strand
        > example.
        >
        > Thanks in advance and wow; there are some really
        > nice knots here.
        >
        > Rick

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • willeke_igkt
        Message 3 of 4 , May 4, 2007
          --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, greg turner <kramersmachine@...>
          wrote:

          > I second ricks' requst for some sites that would help
          > me learn this craft.
          > Greg
          > --- Rick Rogers <rerog65@...> wrote:

          I thought the request was for a site with a splice in four strand rope,
          which I do not have, but I do have some links for fancy work:

          http://www.home.zonnet.nl/willeke_igkt/frames/homepage_frame_eng.html
          http://home.tiscali.nl/knotsandknottying/index.htm
          http://www.khww.net/news.php (become a member and see the tutorials.)
          http://www.chineseknotting.org/
          http://www.frayedknotarts.com/tutor1.html

          Willeke
        • Herman evers
          Message 4 of 4 , May 7, 2007
            Rick

            an eye splice with four strands, i must have it somewhere in a book
            but to make one you yust start as an threestrand
            but comming to the fourth strand you go under two
            i hope this helps
            Herman

            http://mail.yahoo.com