Re: new pictures of knot tyers meeting in Rotterdam

  • bazz_pard
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 1, 2007
      Hi Andre and All :-)

      Nice pictures Andre, The storage and new table look great, I could do
      with some storage like that myself.
      Take care,
      Barry.

      --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, André <salmaj@...> wrote:

      > hello fellow knot tyers,
      >
      > It's been a while since I posted here. There are finally some new
      > pictures of our meeting in Rotterdam on my website.
      >
      > http://www.dsv.nl/~salmaj
      >
      > as usual click on the "De Hoop IGKT meetings" button
      >
      > regards
      > André

    • André
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 1, 2007
        Hi Tony,

        Yes that would be nice wouldn't it? Well you never know....one day

        regards
        André

        --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, asemery <no_reply@...> wrote:

        > As usual Andre the pictures are great. I wish I lived closer so I
        > could visit in person. Tony

      • André
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 1, 2007
          Hi Barry,

          So could I but space is the problem so I think I'll keep my ropes in
          a few wooden boxes for the time being.

          Anyway all the best

          André

          --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, "bazz_pard" <bazbrown@...> wrote:

          > Hi Andre and All :-)
          >
          > Nice pictures Andre, The storage and new table look great, I could
          do
          > with some storage like that myself.
          > Take care,
          > Barry.
          >
          > --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, André <salmaj@> wrote:
          > >
          > > hello fellow knot tyers,
          > >
          > > It's been a while since I posted here. There are finally some
          new
          > > pictures of our meeting in Rotterdam on my website.
          > >
          > > http://www.dsv.nl/~salmaj
          > >
          > > as usual click on the "De Hoop IGKT meetings" button
          > >
          > > regards
          > > André

        • Mike Ruddy
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 2, 2007
            Wow Andre, thanks for sharing your pics! May I ask, what is the knotting technique used for the large transom fender shown on the tug? It doesn't look like half-hitch, which is the main technique I am familiar with.

          • André
            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 15, 2007
              Hi mike,

              The technique used is half hitch but there is an extra rope running
              along which in inclosed in the loops of the hitches. In this way the
              hitching proceeds much faster and you get another pattern too.

              Hope this helps, oh and sorry for the late reaction

              André