Re: new pictures of knot tyers meeting in Rotterdam

  • asemery
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 31, 2007
      As usual Andre the pictures are great. I wish I lived closer so I
      could visit in person. Tony
    • bazz_pard
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 1, 2007
        Hi Andre and All :-)

        Nice pictures Andre, The storage and new table look great, I could do
        with some storage like that myself.
        Take care,
        Barry.

        --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, André <salmaj@...> wrote:

        > hello fellow knot tyers,
        >
        > It's been a while since I posted here. There are finally some new
        > pictures of our meeting in Rotterdam on my website.
        >
        > http://www.dsv.nl/~salmaj
        >
        > as usual click on the "De Hoop IGKT meetings" button
        >
        > regards
        > André

      • André
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 1, 2007
          Hi Tony,

          Yes that would be nice wouldn't it? Well you never know....one day

          regards
          André

          --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, asemery <no_reply@...> wrote:

          > As usual Andre the pictures are great. I wish I lived closer so I
          > could visit in person. Tony

        • André
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 1, 2007
            Hi Barry,

            So could I but space is the problem so I think I'll keep my ropes in
            a few wooden boxes for the time being.

            Anyway all the best

            André

            --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, "bazz_pard" <bazbrown@...> wrote:

            > Hi Andre and All :-)
            >
            > Nice pictures Andre, The storage and new table look great, I could
            do
            > with some storage like that myself.
            > Take care,
            > Barry.
            >
            > --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, André <salmaj@> wrote:
            > >
            > > hello fellow knot tyers,
            > >
            > > It's been a while since I posted here. There are finally some
            new
            > > pictures of our meeting in Rotterdam on my website.
            > >
            > > http://www.dsv.nl/~salmaj
            > >
            > > as usual click on the "De Hoop IGKT meetings" button
            > >
            > > regards
            > > André

          • Mike Ruddy
            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 2, 2007
              Wow Andre, thanks for sharing your pics! May I ask, what is the knotting technique used for the large transom fender shown on the tug? It doesn't look like half-hitch, which is the main technique I am familiar with.

            • André
              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 15, 2007
                Hi mike,

                The technique used is half hitch but there is an extra rope running
                along which in inclosed in the loops of the hitches. In this way the
                hitching proceeds much faster and you get another pattern too.

                Hope this helps, oh and sorry for the late reaction

                André