Try this new bend

  • Satish Patki
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 11 10:02 AM
      Hello,

      I have created an Album named Satish Patki and kept six photos in it.

      They show the making of the new bend described in message No.6005.

      Please see these photos.

      Satish Patki.
    • Hugo
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 11 1:41 PM
        It sure looks like the knot I used in making a net for use on a boat of
        mine. These nets were only about 24" x 40" , but were intended to be
        sure that none of the knots could slip, no matter which two lines were
        pulled. It's about twenty years old and still good as new, and no
        slippage.
        Also if you look very closly at some comercial made small nets that
        are round with an approxiamate cylinder shape, this knot is often used
        to join the layers as a seam at various points.
        hugo

        --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, "Satish Patki" <sapatki@...> wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > I have created an Album named Satish Patki and kept six photos in it.
        >
        > They show the making of the new bend described in message No.6005.
        >
        > Please see these photos.
        >
        > Satish Patki.

      • Satish Patki
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 15 8:59 AM
          Could you please post the knot tyeing instructions for the knot
          you used for making the nets? The name of the knot would also be
          helpful. In case the knot has been published anywhere the reference
          may please be given.A photograph of your net and the knot would be
          welcome. Please do respond.

          Satish Patki

          --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, "Hugo" <dggoll1@...> wrote:

          > It sure looks like the knot I used in making a net for use on a
          boat of
          > mine. These nets were only about 24" x 40" , but were intended to
          be
          > sure that none of the knots could slip, no matter which two lines
          were
          > pulled. It's about twenty years old and still good as new, and no
          > slippage.
          > Also if you look very closly at some comercial made small nets
          that
          > are round with an approxiamate cylinder shape, this knot is often
          used
          > to join the layers as a seam at various points.
          > hugo
          >
          > --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, "Satish Patki" <sapatki@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hello,
          > >
          > > I have created an Album named Satish Patki and kept six photos in
          it.

          > > They show the making of the new bend described in message No.6005.
          > >
          > > Please see these photos.
          > >
          > > Satish Patki.

        • roo_two
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 5, 2007
            Hi Satish,

            I quickly looked over your photos, so I hope I didn't miss something.
            Your bend seems very easy to untie. It stays open so much, that it
            seems to negatively affect its security when shaked.

            Now, maybe I'm not drawing it up correctly, or maybe I'm missing
            something in my haste, so feel free to set me straight.

            I noticed similiar properties in the inverse of the bend, where the
            free ends are treated as the parent line.
          • Satish Patki
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 7, 2007
              --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, "roo_two" <roo_two@...> wrote:

              > Hi Satish,
              >
              > I quickly looked over your photos, so I hope I didn't miss
              something.
              > Your bend seems very easy to untie. It stays open so much, that it
              > seems to negatively affect its security when shaked.
              >
              > Now, maybe I'm not drawing it up correctly, or maybe I'm missing
              > something in my haste, so feel free to set me straight.
              >
              > I noticed similiar properties in the inverse of the bend, where the
              > free ends are treated as the parent line.

              Hello,

              If the knot has been formed correctly by pulling on the standing
              parts and the ends it gives a very tight knot. One of the remarks
              which I got about the knot reads as under.

              "It happens to be the reverse (or nearly so) of a couple that have
              --both 1425-A and Roger Miles's "B12"/"Crossover Bend"."
            • roo_two
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 9, 2007
                --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, "Satish Patki" <sapatki@...> wrote:

                > --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, "roo_two" <roo_two@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Hi Satish,
                > >
                > > I quickly looked over your photos, so I hope I didn't miss
                > something.
                > > Your bend seems very easy to untie. It stays open so much, that
                it
                > > seems to negatively affect its security when shaked.
                > >
                > > Now, maybe I'm not drawing it up correctly, or maybe I'm missing
                > > something in my haste, so feel free to set me straight.
                > >
                > > I noticed similiar properties in the inverse of the bend, where
                the
                > > free ends are treated as the parent line.
                > >
                > Hello,
                >
                > If the knot has been formed correctly by pulling on the standing
                > parts and the ends it gives a very tight knot. One of the remarks
                > which I got about the knot reads as under.
                >
                > "It happens to be the reverse (or nearly so) of a couple that have
                > --both 1425-A and Roger Miles's "B12"/"Crossover Bend"."

                I think it was the way I was drawing it up. Many bends assume their
                final form without any appreciable coaxing. The present bend seems
                to need coaxing. I'll look into it more. Thanks.