Hi all - need steps for Spanish Ring Knot

  • aishcheck
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 21, 2007
      Hi all,

      I am interested in knot tying and Would like to know the steps for
      Spanish Ring Knot. I learnt that knot from one of my friend but now it
      is completed erased from my memory.

      If somebody has clear steps or video on that knot can you please post /
      share it.

      I tried to do using the following
      link http://www.hought.com/art.sprk%202.html
      but in vain, the second and third pass are completely confusing.

      a video would be very useful i think :-)

      Thank you
      aish
    • shauna graham
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 26, 2007
        I believe that Robert Black has a dvd on leather braiding and knot work that has this knot on it as well as some other knots. A very good dvd. I don't have his website handy as I am not on the regular computer with my favorites but you could probably google it and come up with it.

        Shauna

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 26, 2007
          There are several ways to do a spanish ring knot, but the two most
          common are based on a three part turkshead. I have both documented
          somewhere and I will dig them out and post them here in a while (today
          or tomorrow)
          Sidney Wood

          aishcheck wrote:

          > Hi all,
          >
          > I am interested in knot tying and Would like to know the steps for
          > Spanish Ring Knot. I learnt that knot from one of my friend but now it
          > is completed erased from my memory.
          >
          > If somebody has clear steps or video on that knot can you please post /
          > share it.
          >
          > I tried to do using the following
          > link http://www.hought com/art.sprk% 202.html
          > <http://www.hought.com/art.sprk%202.html>
          > but in vain, the second and third pass are completely confusing.
          >
          > a video would be very useful i think :-)
          >
          > Thank you
          > aish

        • C.E. Brewer
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 26, 2007
            the woven ring knot is fairly simple to do in leather or cord. try this tutorial

            http://www.khww.net/readarticle.php?article_id=5

            cbrew6 (bud) http://www.khww.net/index.php
            http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cbrew6/my_photos
            http://360.yahoo.com/my_profile.html

          • Sidney Wood
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 26, 2007
              I must apologize for popping off here. What I have is in larger articles
              which have been submitted to the LC&SJ for publication. They are big
              files and I hesitate to post them in public until I find out if they
              want them or not.
              Buds tutorial does a two pass ring knot on a 5 bight turkshead through
              step 5 and adds a third pass after that. I have found that he knows
              whereof he speaks and it might get you on the road. If you still need
              help let us know.
              Sidney Wood
              stwood@...