Re: [KnotTyers] Finishing Braids?

  • SKIP HIPPS
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 10, 2007
      Jerry,

      If you are stuck on using glue, pun intended, try "SEAL-ALL". It dries rather fast, but not as fast as super glue. It dries crystal clear, and is much more flexible than super glue. You can find it at Ace Hardware, Home Depot, etc. It comes in a tube, but is very liquid, and tends to leave "little strings of glue' when you use it. Don't worry about them, just let them harden, and remove when it has cured. I've used it for twenty years, and keep a tube in my ditty bag all the time, protected inside a piece of pvc pipe I heated and softened before slightly flattening to better fit the tube and take up leSs space.

      Also, you may want to look at Vince Brennans' bracelets at http://www.frayedknotarts.com/index.html<http://www.frayedknotarts.com/index.html>. As you can see, he doesn't use clasps, but just the lines themselves to accomplish what you are trying to do.

      Good luck,

      Skip Hipps
      THE KNOTWRIGHT