Bellrope tutorial (repost)

  • Vince Brennan
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 5, 2007
      A bellrope tutorial is now available for your use, covering the basic
      construction and over-two hitching, simple grafting and the ringbolt
      ("Spanish" coxcomb:

      http://www.frayedknotarts.com/tutorials/bellrope.html

      http://www.frayedknotarts.com/images/bellropes/PB246794mod.jpg

      As always, your comments/corrections/suggestions.questions and abuse
      are welcomed.

      Vince in Philly
    • Martin Church
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 6, 2007
        Brilliant tutorial! Nice job, Vince.
        Thanks!
        Marty
      • knot lover
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 24, 2007
          HI vince,
          just wanted to compalin about your site ,
          http://www.frayedknotarts.com/index.html
          i am on dialup and well i tried two differnt servers but i was not able to open your site at all .although sometime back it was opening .but the pictures are too large sized .i would request you change the picture format to jpeg so that the dialup connection people can also enjoy your knotwork.dont make them small just change the format and they'll be easy to download.thank you
          yours sincerely
          Harry khan.

        • Vince Brennan
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 24, 2007
            --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, knot lover <hak_libra@...> wrote:
            (snip) i am on dialup and well i tried two differnt servers but i was
            not able to open your site (snip) but the pictures are too large sized
            (snip).

            Harry has a legitimate point here, and I will address it as I find
            time....the pics on some pages are 1mb+ .gif's and I never thought to
            change them to .jpeg to reduce size. I shall do so as part of an
            on-going cleanup. It will require resetting all the links to the
            affected pictures and so will take a bit of time.

            Harry (and I'm sure, several other of our members) lives in an area of
            the world where internet availablity is not easily obtained, much less
            DSL, and it does behoove me to make the site fit the availability,
            rather than vice-versa.

            Thanks for the heads-up, Harry and sorry for the inconvenience...
            working on it. Salaam.
          • knot lover
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 25, 2007
              Thanx vince,
              i look forward to visit your site as soon as it opens here.
              Harryyy