Hello

  • Donald Bolton
    Message 1 of 57 , Nov 29, 2006
      Hello All;
      I stumbled upon this group while researching how to put in an English Rose Knot and check up the 'regulations' which validate a true Turkshead.
      Well I suppose I should tell a little about myself... My name is Don. I am a 35 year old captain here in the Gulf of Mexico. Other than a few bellropes, ditty-bag lanyards and some turksheads I really do not have alot of experience with fancywork but I do have a love for putting in knots and hitches. (we have plenty of line laying about after all. LOL) I have seen alot of the pictures on the links in this site as well as some from members sites... hats off guys! I have alot to learn and hope to be able to give something back if I possibly can.
      I look forward to future communications and will try to make up some little something to show off soon.
      Thanks, Don

    • wiskers1962
      Message 57 of 57 , May 22, 2008
        Just wanted to say "thank you group" for all the info I gleaned from
        this site and the links pages. I've completed my first (and possibly
        last!) bellrope! It's just a small one, for an 8 inch bell. I made
        it with black nylon parachute cord, grafted with white, and a couple
        of white turksheads. I was also able to make a monkey's fist to hang
        on the bow of my boat, just in case I need it to heave a line.

        Wiskers
        Aboard JAWS