Re: [KnotTyers] Anyone still alive out there?

  • shauna graham
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 29, 2006
      Hi Brian, And Jim

      Still alive here in the frozen Central Idaho! 24 below last night.

      Jim, nice to know you're up there, I'm in Stanley.

      Shauna Graham
      From: knottyers@yahoogroups.com [mailto:knottyers@yahoogroups.com]

      On Behalf Of Brian

      Just thought I would drop a line and say hello.

    • David
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 30, 2006
        I'd like to know where this thread is leading.
        David.

        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 30, 2006
          no where good that's for sure...
          80)

          Ken

          On 11/30/06, David <hairy.dave@...> wrote:

          > I'd like to know where this thread is leading.
          > David.

        • Dann Johnson
          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 30, 2006
            Looks like this thread is getting twisted.

            Dann

            Ken Gray <kenegray@...> wrote:
            no where good that's for sure...
            80)

            Ken

            On 11/30/06, David <hairy.dave@...> wrote:

            > I'd like to know where this thread is leading.
            > David.

          • Esteve Fabregas
            Message 5 of 14 , Nov 30, 2006
              --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, Dann Johnson <dann@...> wrote:

              > Looks like this thread is getting twisted.
              >
              > Dann
              You can not make a sigle knot without a twist in the line.

              Best Regards.
              Esteve
            • wizardagb
              Message 6 of 14 , Dec 1, 2006
                Hi everyone
                (hope this is "on-topic")

                Still alive here in Peru. I'll take advantage of theese thread of
                messages to tell a story: this is the story of a ship: My moher in
                law gave me as a gift an old dusty ship model many years ago, I
                didn't really had much time to take care of it, is had many broken
                lines and the pawl (correct me if I'm wrong translating TRINQUETE)
                was broken too, anyway, a sad view of a beatiful ship. It has a name
                in the base, maybe some of you heard this name before and maybe some
                others know the stoy of the name and the story of the ship, and it is
                highly probable tah some others were on board: I' talking about the
                clipper "Cutty Sark", I looked for information about this ship and
                greatfully found it, i also found pictures of the actual ship and the
                poem that leads to her name. I have to say that I never was a man at
                sea, I wan never on a ship, but I wish I could have, I really like
                all theese interesting issues, and in fact, this leads to my
                affection for knot-tying. I found many information here in this group
                that helped me restauring my Cutty Sark model. I also have to say
                that the model is not quite exact as the actual ship, but i think
                it's still beatiful. Let me know you opinions, the restoration work
                is not done yet, but, when it is I'll share the pictures too. You can
                see part of the process here:

                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_Sx0BDShyY

                http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/wizardagb/album?.dir=/c710re2

                Pictures in yahoo are smaller than the actual size, so if someone is
                interested in a Hi-Res version, just drop me a message.