Re: [KnotTyers] Anyone still alive out there?

  • shauna graham
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 29, 2006
      Hi Brian, And Jim

      Still alive here in the frozen Central Idaho! 24 below last night.

      Jim, nice to know you're up there, I'm in Stanley.

      Shauna Graham
      From: knottyers@yahoogroups.com [mailto:knottyers@yahoogroups.com]

      On Behalf Of Brian

      Just thought I would drop a line and say hello.

    • Eddie Climo
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 30, 2006
        Sheet!
        I think I'll go right round the bend,
        If you keep this up to the bitter end.
        "I'm roped right in without a hitch",
        I braid; but my old Granny's Knot!
        It may be time to swallow the anchor,
        But don't call me an idle ... eejit.

        with apologies,
        Eddie

        On 30 Nov 2006, at 08:23, Stuart Robinson wrote:
        > Sorry, missed that one. I was tied up at the time ;-)
        >
        > Vince Brennan wrote:
        > > --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, bedfordprivateer@... wrote:
        > >
        > >> Knot a one! ;-)
        > >>

        > > Don't believe him.... he's just stringing us along....
        >> .

      • David
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 30, 2006
          I'd like to know where this thread is leading.
          David.

          > On 30 Nov 2006, at 08:23, Stuart Robinson wrote:
          >> Sorry, missed that one. I was tied up at the time ;-)
          >>
          >> Vince Brennan wrote:

          >> > Don't believe him.... he's just stringing us along....
          >>> .

        • Ken Gray
          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 30, 2006
            no where good that's for sure...
            80)

            Ken

            On 11/30/06, David <hairy.dave@...> wrote:

            > I'd like to know where this thread is leading.
            > David.

          • Dann Johnson
            Message 5 of 14 , Nov 30, 2006
              Looks like this thread is getting twisted.

              Dann

              Ken Gray <kenegray@...> wrote:
              no where good that's for sure...
              80)

              Ken

              On 11/30/06, David <hairy.dave@...> wrote:

              > I'd like to know where this thread is leading.
              > David.

            • Esteve Fabregas
              Message 6 of 14 , Nov 30, 2006
                --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, Dann Johnson <dann@...> wrote:

                > Looks like this thread is getting twisted.
                >
                > Dann
                You can not make a sigle knot without a twist in the line.

                Best Regards.
                Esteve
              • wizardagb
                Message 7 of 14 , Dec 1, 2006
                  Hi everyone
                  (hope this is "on-topic")

                  Still alive here in Peru. I'll take advantage of theese thread of
                  messages to tell a story: this is the story of a ship: My moher in
                  law gave me as a gift an old dusty ship model many years ago, I
                  didn't really had much time to take care of it, is had many broken
                  lines and the pawl (correct me if I'm wrong translating TRINQUETE)
                  was broken too, anyway, a sad view of a beatiful ship. It has a name
                  in the base, maybe some of you heard this name before and maybe some
                  others know the stoy of the name and the story of the ship, and it is
                  highly probable tah some others were on board: I' talking about the
                  clipper "Cutty Sark", I looked for information about this ship and
                  greatfully found it, i also found pictures of the actual ship and the
                  poem that leads to her name. I have to say that I never was a man at
                  sea, I wan never on a ship, but I wish I could have, I really like
                  all theese interesting issues, and in fact, this leads to my
                  affection for knot-tying. I found many information here in this group
                  that helped me restauring my Cutty Sark model. I also have to say
                  that the model is not quite exact as the actual ship, but i think
                  it's still beatiful. Let me know you opinions, the restoration work
                  is not done yet, but, when it is I'll share the pictures too. You can
                  see part of the process here:

                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_Sx0BDShyY

                  http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/wizardagb/album?.dir=/c710re2

                  Pictures in yahoo are smaller than the actual size, so if someone is
                  interested in a Hi-Res version, just drop me a message.