Re: new pictures of knot tyers meeting in Rotterdam

  • Jimmy R. Williams
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 1, 2006
      --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, André <salmaj@...> wrote:

      > Hello group,
      >
      > I have a few new pictures at my website of our monthly knot tyers
      > meeting in Rotterdam.
      >
      > If you want to see them please go to www.dsv.nl/~salmaj and click on
      > the "De Hoop IGKT meetings" button
      >
      > kind regards
      > André

      Andre,

      You should know that I really enjoy viewing your pictures. It's
      great to see that there are knot nerds everywhere!

      Thank you very much for posting the links for us.
    • André
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 2, 2006
        Hi Jimmy,

        Thank you for the kind words!! It's my pleasure to put the pictures
        up here for everybody to see.

        Hope to put up much more in the nearby future.....

        take care
        André

        --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, "Jimmy R. Williams" <aknotter@...>
        wrote:

        > --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, André <salmaj@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hello group,
        > >
        > > I have a few new pictures at my website of our monthly knot tyers
        > > meeting in Rotterdam.
        > >
        > > If you want to see them please go to www.dsv.nl/~salmaj and click
        on
        > > the "De Hoop IGKT meetings" button
        > >
        > > kind regards
        > > André
        > >
        > Andre,
        >
        > You should know that I really enjoy viewing your pictures. It's
        > great to see that there are knot nerds everywhere!
        >
        > Thank you very much for posting the links for us.

      • Michael
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 2, 2006
          Calling All Knot Tyers Near Baltimore,

          You have probably heard that the IGKT is going to have a table at the
          100'th Anniversary festival of the Steam Tug Baltimore on Saturday OCT
          21-22'nd. I would like to encourage you to come, and to get a better
          idea of how many of you might show up. Here is some more information.

          This event is part of a larger Port of Baltimore 300'th anniversary
          celebration. In fact, as part of "free-fall Baltimore", a number of
          museums – including the Sloop-of-War Constellation, the last all-sail
          warship built by the US Navy – will be free to the public. So it will
          be a great time to come see Baltimore, the Port, the Constellation,
          the historic Steam Tug Baltimore, and fellow knot-tyers. We will be
          highlighting the flat-woven knots of Skip Pennock – I have a
          single-strand knot of his that spells out "IGKT-MAR" and will shortly
          be getting some more of his amazing stuff to show.

          Currently, Kevin and I are committed to being there on Saturday the
          21'st, but if a few of you could volunteer/commit to sit at the table
          on Sunday, I would like to be there both days. Vince will probably be
          there Sunday. Please let me know if you think you are coming. You
          can email me directly at nexialist02@....

          The Steam Tug celebration is happening at multiple sites (see their
          website at www.Steamtug.org ) and our table will be at the Naval
          Reserve center. They have offered to let some of us sleep free aboard
          ship (spouses also – though separately – but not families). There are
          also plenty of other accommodations in and around Baltimore if anyone
          wants to stay overnight. There may be some possibility of some folks
          getting a ride down from Pennsylvania to Baltimore on the tugboat
          Jupiter. Please contact me for more information.

          Please let me know if you can come, if you could man the table for a
          while, and/or if you would like to get together later in the day to
          hold a little mini-IGKT conference. Please forward this message
          around to other knot-tyers. I hope to see many of you there.

          Michael Pollock
        • Vince Brennan
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 5, 2006
            --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, "Michael" <nexialist02@...> wrote:

            > Calling All Knot Tyers Near Baltimore,
            >
            > You have probably heard that the IGKT is going to have a table at the
            > 100'th Anniversary festival of the Steam Tug Baltimore on Saturday OCT
            > 21-22'nd. I would like to encourage you to come, and to get a better
            > idea of how many of you might show up.

            OK: I've gotten some information together on this for those who may
            be interested:

            http://www.frayedknotarts.com/Balmer.html

            Those who have already expressed interest got this by email....

            Anyone else in?
          • André
            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 31, 2007
              hello fellow knot tyers,

              It's been a while since I posted here. There are finally some new
              pictures of our meeting in Rotterdam on my website.

              http://www.dsv.nl/~salmaj

              as usual click on the "De Hoop IGKT meetings" button

              regards
              André
            • asemery
              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 31, 2007
                As usual Andre the pictures are great. I wish I lived closer so I
                could visit in person. Tony
              • bazz_pard
                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 1, 2007
                  Hi Andre and All :-)

                  Nice pictures Andre, The storage and new table look great, I could do
                  with some storage like that myself.
                  Take care,
                  Barry.

                  --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, André <salmaj@...> wrote:

                  > hello fellow knot tyers,
                  >
                  > It's been a while since I posted here. There are finally some new
                  > pictures of our meeting in Rotterdam on my website.
                  >
                  > http://www.dsv.nl/~salmaj
                  >
                  > as usual click on the "De Hoop IGKT meetings" button
                  >
                  > regards
                  > André

                • André
                  Message 8 of 12 , Apr 1, 2007
                    Hi Tony,

                    Yes that would be nice wouldn't it? Well you never know....one day

                    regards
                    André

                    --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, asemery <no_reply@...> wrote:

                    > As usual Andre the pictures are great. I wish I lived closer so I
                    > could visit in person. Tony

                  • André
                    Message 9 of 12 , Apr 1, 2007
                      Hi Barry,

                      So could I but space is the problem so I think I'll keep my ropes in
                      a few wooden boxes for the time being.

                      Anyway all the best

                      André

                      --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, "bazz_pard" <bazbrown@...> wrote:

                      > Hi Andre and All :-)
                      >
                      > Nice pictures Andre, The storage and new table look great, I could
                      do
                      > with some storage like that myself.
                      > Take care,
                      > Barry.
                      >
                      > --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, André <salmaj@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > hello fellow knot tyers,
                      > >
                      > > It's been a while since I posted here. There are finally some
                      new
                      > > pictures of our meeting in Rotterdam on my website.
                      > >
                      > > http://www.dsv.nl/~salmaj
                      > >
                      > > as usual click on the "De Hoop IGKT meetings" button
                      > >
                      > > regards
                      > > André

                    • Mike Ruddy
                      Message 10 of 12 , Apr 2, 2007
                        Wow Andre, thanks for sharing your pics! May I ask, what is the knotting technique used for the large transom fender shown on the tug? It doesn't look like half-hitch, which is the main technique I am familiar with.

                      • André
                        Message 11 of 12 , Apr 15, 2007
                          Hi mike,

                          The technique used is half hitch but there is an extra rope running
                          along which in inclosed in the loops of the hitches. In this way the
                          hitching proceeds much faster and you get another pattern too.

                          Hope this helps, oh and sorry for the late reaction

                          André