Re: New knot video: JUG SLING and Constrictor Knot

  • wizardagb
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 3 6:29 AM
      Hello fellow knottyers,

      I have improoved the illumination, this time I turned off the TV, and
      I try to give spoken instructions, please understand I'm not a native
      english speaker XD....

      I hope this helps to tye the Jug Sling:

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-c227yYlDc

      I have also made one for the Constrictor Knot, This very useful knot
      is tyed up from a clove hitch:

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEbg-vGk7WY

      Criticism is welcome, and suggestions too.

      Keep on knotting;)

      --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, "wizardagb" <agarciab_@...> wrote:

      > Well, Now that I see it onLine, The video does not have good
      > illumination, I'll try to improve it and post a new one, besides,
      > this time I'll try to speak, explaining the job, instead of turning
      > on the TV :=D
      >
      > Regards.
      >
      > --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, "Ed" <ed@> wrote:
      > >
      > > This is delayed I know, but that's neat. Only one problem, just
      > near
      > > the end of the tying, you pull a part back thru, it's hard to tell
      > > what your grabbin to pull back thru...between the darkness and the
      > > compression on the video, I can't make it out, what part yer
      > grabbin'.
      > > Other than that, kool! closest I've been to seeing how it's
      > > done'exactly. My method of making what I call a jug sling or bag
      > > knot, is much simpler but not a genuine jug sling knot.
      > > Good job
      > > -Ed. Hatherley
      > >

      > > --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, "wizardagb" <agarciab_@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I saw many posts before with doubts about the jug sling, so , I
      > wanted
      > > > to make my humble contribution and made this video:
      > > >
      > > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC8pvTVfJW0
      > > >
      > > > Ignore the Audio, the TV was on and forgot to turn it off.
      > > >
      > > > Keep on knotting ;)

    • Ken Gray
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 3 6:49 AM
        Nice work! I'm more a fan of the "Ashley's" method (ie the one he shows not
        that he made up) old-dogs-new-tricks and all that.

        thanks for all your work on this.

        Ken

        On 8/3/06, wizardagb <agarciab_@...> wrote:

        > Hello fellow knottyers,
        >
        > I have improoved the illumination, this time I turned off the TV, and
        > I try to give spoken instructions, please understand I'm not a native
        > english speaker XD....
        >
        > I hope this helps to tye the Jug Sling:
        >
        > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-c227yYlDc
        >
        > I have also made one for the Constrictor Knot, This very useful knot
        > is tyed up from a clove hitch:
        >
        > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEbg-vGk7WY
        >
        > Criticism is welcome, and suggestions too.
        >
        > Keep on knotting;)
        >
        > --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com <knottyers%40yahoogroups.com>,
        > "wizardagb" <agarciab_@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Well, Now that I see it onLine, The video does not have good
        > > illumination, I'll try to improve it and post a new one, besides,
        > > this time I'll try to speak, explaining the job, instead of turning
        > > on the TV :=D
        > >
        > > Regards.
        > >
        > > --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com <knottyers%40yahoogroups.com>, "Ed"
        > <ed@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > This is delayed I know, but that's neat. Only one problem, just
        > > near
        > > > the end of the tying, you pull a part back thru, it's hard to tell
        > > > what your grabbin to pull back thru...between the darkness and the
        > > > compression on the video, I can't make it out, what part yer
        > > grabbin'.
        > > > Other than that, kool! closest I've been to seeing how it's
        > > > done'exactly. My method of making what I call a jug sling or bag
        > > > knot, is much simpler but not a genuine jug sling knot.
        > > > Good job
        > > > -Ed. Hatherley
        > > >

        > > > --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com <knottyers%40yahoogroups.com>,

        > > wanted

      • Eddie Climo
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 3 7:42 AM
          That's a very good way to get to a Constrictor Knot. Thank you.

          I was also interested to notice that cats in your country involve themselves in knotwork. It may
          be something to do with them having 4 marlin-spikes in the mouth, and another 4 at each corner.
          "Eat yer hearts out, spikeless humans!"
          ;-)
          As a couple of my own photos show in the 'Eddie's Knots' album, this happens in England as well:
          http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/eddie_climo/my_photos

          Eddie.

          --- wizardagb <agarciab_@...> wrote:
          > I have also made one for the Constrictor Knot, This very useful knot
          > is tyed up from a clove hitch:
          > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEbg-vGk7WY

          Eddie Climo
          eddie_climo@...

          =======/... & onto the final stage: proof-tying .../=======

          "Turk's Heads & Pineapple Knots - it ain't Rocket Science!"

          -- Scientia Pyrotechnica Non Est! --

          by Eddie Foirbeis Climo

          ‹(•¿~)›

          http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html
        • wizardagb
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 3 11:06 AM
            :D yeah, cats' favorite stuff (besides mice chase) is being present
            when rope/knot-working is being done. They are always looking forward
            to get some piece of rope to play with ;)

            --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, Eddie Climo <eddie_climo@...> wrote:

            > That's a very good way to get to a Constrictor Knot. Thank you.
            >
            > I was also interested to notice that cats in your country involve
            themselves in knotwork. It may
            > be something to do with them having 4 marlin-spikes in the mouth,
            and another 4 at each corner.
            > "Eat yer hearts out, spikeless humans!"
            > ;-)
            > As a couple of my own photos show in the 'Eddie's Knots' album,
            this happens in England as well:
            > http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/eddie_climo/my_photos
            >
            > Eddie.
            >
            > --- wizardagb <agarciab_@...> wrote:
            > > I have also made one for the Constrictor Knot, This very useful
            knot
            > > is tyed up from a clove hitch:
            > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEbg-vGk7WY
            >
            > Eddie Climo
            > eddie_climo@...
            >
            > =======/... & onto the final stage: proof-tying .../=======
            >
            > "Turk's Heads & Pineapple Knots - it ain't Rocket Science!"
            >
            > -- Scientia Pyrotechnica Non Est! --
            >
            > by Eddie Foirbeis Climo
            >
            > ‹(•¿~)›

            > Try the all-new Yahoo! Mail. "The New Version is radically easier
            to use" – The Wall Street Journal

            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 5 5:46 AM
              Fellow Knottyers:

              I'm so ashamed, I was tring to organize my videos in youtube and
              accidentally erased the videos I originally sent. So I had to upload
              them again. So links I posted before don't work anymore, theese are
              the new ones:

              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNQT0RNo45A

              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18jr4UY0CKs

              I'm very sorry for the inconvenients.