Re: [KnotTyers] taan Tarring (walled town historical festival)

  • Herman evers
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 15, 2006
      thanks Eddy that one is on my list
      Herman

      Eddie Climo <eddie_climo@...> wrote:
      Hello Herman,

      I searched for "Stockholm Tar" on Froogle UK at
      http://www.google.co.uk/frghp?hl=en&tab=wf
      and got 70 hits. Some of the products are stated as being for traditional cordage, and the cost is
      about £10-15 (€15-22 euros) per kilogram.
      The first hit was to Marinestore Chandlers at

      http://marinestore.co.uk/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=mrst&Product_Code=DA2809-OO-25
      and they charge £213.09 (€312 euros) for a 25Kg tub of the stuff.

      Hope this helps.
      Eddie

      --- Herman evers <touwwerk@...> wrote:

      > Hello all,
      > Looking for couchou (Tanine) Tarring stuff)
      > We had an nice meeting in hellevoetsluis and now the idee to tar our own fenders.
      > But how to find the right stuff?? in 2003 an 2004 in the ropemaker and knottyers groups was
      > some discussion about stockholm tarr
      > We saw the vischerman on the pictures(see the link below in the message from Andre)
      > melt some sort of hars??? cold couchou??
      > is there someone knowing how and where to bye this
      >
      > Greetings Herman Evers

      Eddie Climo
      eddie_climo@...