Re: [KnotTyers] Re: Monkeys fist in production?

  • Fred Dant
    Message 1 of 8 , May 27, 2006
      I'd be interested in doing them.
      Fred
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Robin
      To: knottyers@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, May 27, 2006 8:45 AM
      Subject: [KnotTyers] Re: Monkeys fist in production?

      Thanks everyone for your responses. I made the suggestion about a
      regular button knot because I can do those really fast with my eyes
      closed. The person who requested them needs them for a big wedding,
      and they have requested 90 of them. They specifically want what
      they call a 'silk knot', which is the same as a monkey's fist and is
      sometimes used for cuff links. They have 15 people, 6 buttons each
      and guess what - these garments are not for the bridal party, they
      are for special attire for the wait-staff!!! I have asked her how
      much they are willing to pay per button and she is finding out, but
      my guess is that if they are having custom garments made for the
      wait-staff, the cost for the buttons isn't going to be an object.

      Anyway, I'm not sure that I have time to tie 90 knots, so if someone
      here is interested in doing it, please let me know and give me a
      price quote. They will either be nylon or rayon satin cord - am
      trying to talk her into the nylon because it's easier to work with
      for that type of thing. They need to be between 5/8" and 3/4" and
      should be consistent in size. I will supply all the cord. They
      need them by around June 5.

      Thanks!!
      Robin
      www.satincord.com

      --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, "Fred Dant" <bosn25@...> wrote:

      > What kind and size chord, and how many wraps are you doing? What
      color cord?
      > Maybe I can send you a few if I have the right material. No fee,
      just helping, cause I got the time and this is my favorite knot. And
      I can do them pretty fast, even while watching the boob tube.
      > Fred Dant

      buttons as a closure for leather boxes intended as bride maids
      gifts. I thought of making that suggestion myself. But, the number
      needed by this fellows (appears he is serious about it) indicated to
      me he really needs monkey fist. What an undertaking. Although, I'd
      rather 'knot' it is more challenging than I'd like.
      > Sonny

      West

      > Websites:
      > http://www.telusplanet.net/public/hgibbins