Re: Sailors Whisk

  • Ed
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 31, 2005
      Thanks, I was sure, after watching the posts on the MWK, that it's
      what my whisks were made of, the one type anyway.

      The diamond knot I have made a few whisks from but the knot is usually
      muck larger, but nice none the less. This diamond knot is what I
      believe is also called the Boatswain Whistle knot, Knife Lanyard knot
      etc. I didn't discover this knot, nor did I know you could make a
      whisk from it untill I joined this group a short time ago.
      I have since made more zipper pulls from the singla strand diamond
      knot, doubled. Doubled makes a much rounder or nicer button, imho.

      Just in the last couple days I found these very inexpensive pens at a
      local store but these pens had not so tasteful lanyards on them, so I
      made a new one for myself using 2 diamond knots doubled and one
      regular diamond knot. I threw in a couple of letter beads for a neat
      touch and identification...then my wife just had to have one of
      course! lol
      Makes an inexpensive lanyard pen. The pens were only a doallar (CDN)
      and and the string I used was actually 63" shoe string from the dollar
      store : )
      See my photo album (Knotty Man), I'll upload a picture.

      -Ed. Hatherley
      P.S. Only approx. 25 minutes to new years here!
      So Happy New Year in advace once again!