Re: [KnotTyers] Canvas designations

  • SKIP HIPPS
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 5, 2005
      Greetings fellow knot tyer,

      If you go to www.ahh.biz<http://www.ahh.biz/>, you will find that they sell canvas in all weights. Also, they have a sample selection of canvas that you can buy for a couple of dollars. Well worth it as you can see and feel the difference between the various weights. I just finished making a ditty bag from # 8 canvas and it was a pleasure to work with. Heavy enough to stand lots of hard use, but not so heavy as to wear out my fingers as I sewed it. If you are going to tie lace, I suggest you start out with #4. Easy to learn on this weight. Good luck

      Skip Hipps
      THE KNOTWRIGHT