Database (WasRe: [KnotTyers] Re: books)

  • gzornenplat
    Message 1 of 57 , Sep 2, 2005
      Hi,

      Also new to the group and also do software for a living (currently
      contracting for a book wholesaler and just yesterday got ABOK with a
      45% discount :-)

      Trawling the net for a certain knot type, you always end up with a lot
      of sites which just list a loadof knot names, and another load of sites
      which have the same old pictures and words nicked from somewhere else.
      There's definitely a need for a definitive knot site, and who better
      than this group to provide it?

      Where would it be? IGKT.net? I like Alan Grogono's site (animated
      knots) could we do something like that? And do we need a database when
      we could just google the site?

      Ian
    • wiskers1962
      Message 57 of 57 , May 22, 2008
        Just wanted to say "thank you group" for all the info I gleaned from
        this site and the links pages. I've completed my first (and possibly
        last!) bellrope! It's just a small one, for an 8 inch bell. I made
        it with black nylon parachute cord, grafted with white, and a couple
        of white turksheads. I was also able to make a monkey's fist to hang
        on the bow of my boat, just in case I need it to heave a line.

        Wiskers
        Aboard JAWS