Re: Bowline for nets?

  • Hugo
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 30, 2005
      April,
      Appreciate the link you supplied.
      I can readily understand the differance of the cargo netting you
      speak of compared to the netting for fishing, shrimping, basket ball
      nets (some of these aren't of the 'bowline' knot), volleyball, small
      vehicle and even nets that cover specific 18 wheeler loads.
      The netting (3/4 & 1" line size) used on some yard toy swing &
      slide sets have a netting similiar to the cargo nets you speak of.
      Thanks,
      Hugo

      --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, "April " <notetoapril@c...> wrote:
      > Hugo,
      >
      > I sure wish we could insert pictures into the group responses. I
      will have
      > to scan some pictures of the kids making these for a Quartermaster
      project
      > for the tall ship Pilgrim. I looked at the site to see if it had
      the actual
      > cargo nets. They are made with one inch manilla type rope. It is
      HEAVY and

      http://www.danapointharbor.com/Pilgrim.htm