Re: Hello & Questions

  • larryhelber
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 16, 2005
      Welcome to the group. The first book you should consider picking up
      is the Ashley Book of Knots commonly refered to as "ABOK". This is
      sort of the knot tyers bible since it has almost every know knot and
      we use it to reference different knots here. It may not be the best
      guide for learning to tie knots however. There are a lot of other
      books that specialize in different areas and methods of tying and you
      may need to browse them to see the ones that appeal to you. Some have
      more theroy and others more pictures. I find that Geoffery Budworth's
      books are pretty good and apeal to the beginning knot tyer.

      > I am a novice and look forward to learning from you all. I am going to
      > spend some time reviewing old posts to the list. Was wondering if
      there
      > are recommendations for the one or two books that you absolutely have to
      > have? And secondly, what type of work area works best? I realize
      that it
      > would probably depend on the type of knots. I'm thinking of the more
      > decorative type knots.
      >
      > Thank you for the welcome and and thanks in advance for any help.
      >
      > Susan...
    • Doug and Susan
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 16, 2005
        Between genealogy and knot tying I have looked at hundreds of websites in
        the past week. I thought I had come across alist of suppliers. When I went
        to our site to check I found that the link for "suppliers" didn't work.

        The message that came up was that the page doesn't exist or has been moved.
        Is there a list of suppliers available?

        Thank you for the responses to my previous email. Knot tyers are generous
        helpful people! I have also found that I'm fairly intrigued by knot tying
        regardless of the type of knot i.e. decorative vs. working.

        Thanks again.
        Susan