Re: Anchor Knot Patterns - Help Requested

  • salmaj@dsv.nl
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 14, 2004
      Hi,

      If you use the red and blue coloured pattern, as shown in the file
      section of this group, making an anchor isn't much of a problem. You
      could print out the pattern, pin it to a cork board and work from
      there. You need two pieces of cord and it doesn't matter where ypu
      start the anchor pattern since every colour is one single cord that
      ends where it starts

      Hope this is clear enough
      Success

      André

      --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, "Charles Henderson" <mducks@y...>
      wrote:

      > There is an Anchor Know pattern in the files section of the group
      > site. It is a serives of pictures of a pattern. It is not very clear
      > about where to start or how to proceed. I have been looking for a
      > template for awhile myself but haven't been succesful.
      >
      > Are there any good templates with enough detail to work from without
      > too much guess work?
      >
      > Chaz
      >
      > --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, "Kenneth Chan" <ken_nerve@y...>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Didnt Andre post some pics somewhere?It has chinese words but a
      > > picture speaks a thousand words. You're just eyeballing the
      > design?
      > > You're not using a template? Isnt that very confusing especially
      > > since you're a novice
      > >
      > > --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, jugknot <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I'm working off a pattern from Marty Combs...
      > > >
      > > > I find the challenging piece to be keeping the pattern tight
      > > > and making the Arrowhead patterns woven to end at the same
      > > > spot. Doubling this section is giving me fits.
      > > >
      > > > Basically, I'm a novice to this work. I'd like to begin
      > > > by naming the areas of the Anchor itself (I'm OK with Flukes).
      > > > My technique is using a PinBoard and just EyeBalling the design.
      > > >
      > > > Thanks KnotTyers...
      > > > jugknot
    • Charles Henderson
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 14, 2004
        Ahhh, that helps a lot. I was looking at the other pictures with the
        oriental writing on them and getting comfused. Now that I look at
        that one, with your explanation I see where to go.

        Do you have any idea about the length of cord for a project like
        this (say with a 3mm or 5mm cord)? Its easy enough to add more in
        the middle if necessary but I prefer to use pices the right length
        from the beginning when possible.

        Thanks,
        Chaz