Re: Anchor Knot Patterns - Help Requested

  • Charles Henderson
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 14, 2004
      There is an Anchor Know pattern in the files section of the group
      site. It is a serives of pictures of a pattern. It is not very clear
      about where to start or how to proceed. I have been looking for a
      template for awhile myself but haven't been succesful.

      Are there any good templates with enough detail to work from without
      too much guess work?

      Chaz

      --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, "Kenneth Chan" <ken_nerve@y...>

    • salmaj@dsv.nl
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 14, 2004
        Hi,

        If you use the red and blue coloured pattern, as shown in the file
        section of this group, making an anchor isn't much of a problem. You
        could print out the pattern, pin it to a cork board and work from
        there. You need two pieces of cord and it doesn't matter where ypu
        start the anchor pattern since every colour is one single cord that
        ends where it starts

        Hope this is clear enough
        Success

        André

        --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, "Charles Henderson" <mducks@y...>
        wrote:

        > There is an Anchor Know pattern in the files section of the group
        > site. It is a serives of pictures of a pattern. It is not very clear
        > about where to start or how to proceed. I have been looking for a
        > template for awhile myself but haven't been succesful.
        >
        > Are there any good templates with enough detail to work from without
        > too much guess work?
        >
        > Chaz
        >
        > --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, "Kenneth Chan" <ken_nerve@y...>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > Didnt Andre post some pics somewhere?It has chinese words but a
        > > picture speaks a thousand words. You're just eyeballing the
        > design?
        > > You're not using a template? Isnt that very confusing especially
        > > since you're a novice
        > >
        > > --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, jugknot <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > I'm working off a pattern from Marty Combs...
        > > >
        > > > I find the challenging piece to be keeping the pattern tight
        > > > and making the Arrowhead patterns woven to end at the same
        > > > spot. Doubling this section is giving me fits.
        > > >
        > > > Basically, I'm a novice to this work. I'd like to begin
        > > > by naming the areas of the Anchor itself (I'm OK with Flukes).
        > > > My technique is using a PinBoard and just EyeBalling the design.
        > > >
        > > > Thanks KnotTyers...
        > > > jugknot
      • Charles Henderson
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 14, 2004
          Ahhh, that helps a lot. I was looking at the other pictures with the
          oriental writing on them and getting comfused. Now that I look at
          that one, with your explanation I see where to go.

          Do you have any idea about the length of cord for a project like
          this (say with a 3mm or 5mm cord)? Its easy enough to add more in
          the middle if necessary but I prefer to use pices the right length
          from the beginning when possible.

          Thanks,
          Chaz