Re: MWK

  • wizardagb
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 1, 2004
      Thank you very much André, certanly, images are worth, more than
      words.... pictures are comming soon.

      keep on tying!!

      --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, salmaj@d... wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > Try this (Dutch) site. The owner of the site is explaining the
      Matthew
      > Walker in 2, 3 and 4 strands (in Dutch 2, 3, 4 touwen). I think the
      > pictures speak for themselves.
      >
      > Hope this helps.
      >
      > http://home.hetnet.nl/~splits/knots57/0.htm
      >
      > André van der Salm
      >
      > --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, "wizardagb" <agarciab_@h...>
      wrote:

      > > Hello Tyers:
      > >
      > > I have been trying to tie the little lump key fob, everything
      went
      > > fine, but I had some trouble with the MWK. I succeed tying it
      with 2
      > > and 3 strands. but I couldn't understand the logical secuense to
      do
      > > it with more than 3. Can anyone help me with some instructions to
      > tye
      > > a 4 or more strands MWK?
      > >
      > > Thanks in advance
    • Gray, Ken E.
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 1, 2004
        Stuart Grainger has a great method for the MWK; check out Creative Ropecraft.

        Ken

        ________________________________

        Thank you very much André, certanly, images are worth, more than
        words.... pictures are comming soon.

        keep on tying!!

        --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, salmaj@d... wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > Try this (Dutch) site. The owner of the site is explaining the
        Matthew
        > Walker in 2, 3 and 4 strands (in Dutch 2, 3, 4 touwen). I think the
        > pictures speak for themselves.
        >
        > Hope this helps.
        >
        > http://home.hetnet.nl/~splits/knots57/0.htm
        >
        > André van der Salm
        >
        > --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, "wizardagb" <agarciab_@h...>
        wrote:

        > > Hello Tyers:
        > >
        > > I have been trying to tie the little lump key fob, everything
        went
        > > fine, but I had some trouble with the MWK. I succeed tying it
        with 2
        > > and 3 strands. but I couldn't understand the logical secuense to
        do
        > > it with more than 3. Can anyone help me with some instructions to
        > tye
        > > a 4 or more strands MWK?
        > >
        > > Thanks in advance

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        click here <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129bl2o0j/M=298184.5639630.6699735.3001176/D=groups/S=1705063195:HM/EXP=1102020941/A=2434971/R=0/SIG=11eeoolb0/*http:/www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60185400>

        <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.5639630.6699735.3001176/D=groups/S=:HM/A=2434971/rand=107922740>

      • salmaj@dsv.nl
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 2, 2004
          OK, success with tying the MWK !! Waiting for the pictures already

          André

          --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, "wizardagb" <agarciab_@h...> wrote:

          > Thank you very much André, certanly, images are worth, more than
          > words.... pictures are comming soon.
          >
          > keep on tying!!
          >
          > --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, salmaj@d... wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi,
          > >
          > > Try this (Dutch) site. The owner of the site is explaining the
          > Matthew
          > > Walker in 2, 3 and 4 strands (in Dutch 2, 3, 4 touwen). I think
          the
          > > pictures speak for themselves.
          > >
          > > Hope this helps.
          > >
          > > http://home.hetnet.nl/~splits/knots57/0.htm
          > >
          > > André van der Salm
          > >
          > > --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, "wizardagb" <agarciab_@h...>
          > wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Hello Tyers:
          > > >
          > > > I have been trying to tie the little lump key fob, everything
          > went
          > > > fine, but I had some trouble with the MWK. I succeed tying it
          > with 2
          > > > and 3 strands. but I couldn't understand the logical secuense to
          > do
          > > > it with more than 3. Can anyone help me with some instructions
          > > tye
          > > > a 4 or more strands MWK?
          > > >
          > > > Thanks in advance
        • wizardagb
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 8, 2004
            Hello everybody

            First of all, I'd like to thank the instructions and answers I get
            for my silly beginer questions. I followed the image-directions in
            the link André gave and I succeeded tying the MWK (At LAST !!).
            Thanks Ken for your recommendation but I couldn't get that book,
            actually I can't get any book at all, well maybe you should know that
            I live in Perú, and it's not so easy here to get some of knot-tying-
            stuff; and it results kind of expensive buying through the internet.
            I couldn't even get Self Threading Needles, so I made this tool
            myself out of wood, and another one, out of plastic cable-shield. I
            wanted to show you some pictures of my little work and of my tools,
            but the cat dropped the camera and now is useless :( I'll try to
            borrow one, then I'll post the pictures.

            I hope this little sad story wasn't boring for you.

            thanks again. Keep on Tying!!

            --------------------------

            > Thank you very much André, certanly, images are worth, more than
            > words.... pictures are comming soon.
            >
            > keep on tying!!
            >
            > --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, salmaj@d... wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi,
            > >
            > > Try this (Dutch) site. The owner of the site is explaining the
            > Matthew
            > > Walker in 2, 3 and 4 strands (in Dutch 2, 3, 4 touwen). I think
            the
            > > pictures speak for themselves.
            > >
            > > Hope this helps.
            > >
            > > http://home.hetnet.nl/~splits/knots57/0.htm
            > >
            > > André van der Salm
            > >
            > > --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, "wizardagb" <agarciab_@h...>
            > wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Hello Tyers:
            > > >
            > > > I have been trying to tie the little lump key fob, everything
            > went
            > > > fine, but I had some trouble with the MWK. I succeed tying it
            > with 2
            > > > and 3 strands. but I couldn't understand the logical secuense
            > do
            > > > it with more than 3. Can anyone help me with some instructions
            > > tye
            > > > a 4 or more strands MWK?
            > > >
            > > > Thanks in advance
          • somawas
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 10, 2004
              The easiest way to tie a Walker in a bunch of strands is to tie a
              wall knot. Now pass each strand through the bight ahead until you
              have passed the strands back under themselves. So, if you have six
              strands, you tie a wall knot and pass each strand through the bight
              ahead five times. Then harden the whole thing up. Ashley calls this
              the able bodied seaman's method of tying the MWK.

              wrote:

              > Hello Tyers:
              >
              > I have been trying to tie the little lump key fob, everything went
              > fine, but I had some trouble with the MWK. I succeed tying it with
              2
              > and 3 strands. but I couldn't understand the logical secuense to do
              > it with more than 3. Can anyone help me with some instructions to
              tye
              > a 4 or more strands MWK?
              >
              > Thanks in advance
            • Kenneth Chan
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 11, 2004
                Cool... Gotta go try out that method. But what do you mean by harden
                the whole thing up?

                --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, "somawas" <somawas@y...> wrote:

                > The easiest way to tie a Walker in a bunch of strands is to tie a
                > wall knot. Now pass each strand through the bight ahead until you
                > have passed the strands back under themselves. So, if you have
                six
                > strands, you tie a wall knot and pass each strand through the
                bight
                > ahead five times. Then harden the whole thing up. Ashley calls
                this
                > the able bodied seaman's method of tying the MWK.
                >
                > -------- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, "wizardagb"
                <agarciab_@h...>
                > wrote:
                > >
                > > Hello Tyers:
                > >
                > > I have been trying to tie the little lump key fob, everything
                went
                > > fine, but I had some trouble with the MWK. I succeed tying it
                with
                > 2
                > > and 3 strands. but I couldn't understand the logical secuense to
                do
                > > it with more than 3. Can anyone help me with some instructions
                > tye
                > > a 4 or more strands MWK?
                > >
                > > Thanks in advance
              • somawas
                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 11, 2004
                  "harden the whole thing up"=pull each strand a bit until the knot is
                  as tight as you can get it.

                  --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, "Kenneth Chan" <ken_nerve@y...>