Re: Bowline and Trucker's Hitch?

  • dutchknot
    Message 1 of 633 , May 1, 2001
      I don't know in which book I read it, I think it
      was the Dutch book "Pionieren" one of the best
      knotbooks to be found in Holland, especially on Pioneering
      and decorative knotting. <br><br>Anyway, I read that
      in braided rope there is no difference between the
      strength of the Bowline with the end on in inside or the
      outside of the loop. With whipped rope (the kind of rope
      that has several strings twisted around eachother) it
      does make a difference. When you have right twisted
      rope the Bowline with end on the outside is inferior
      in strenght to the one with the end on the inside.
      Same goes for the lefthanded version compared to the
      righthanded. (lefthanded is the mirrored version of the normal
      (righthanded) Bowline).<br><br>I hope this clears some things
      Ouddorp<br>Netherlands
    • willeke_igkt
      Message 633 of 633 , Mar 4 9:37 AM
        Sunday Chat is running, (from 1700 GMT till about 2300 GMT)

        http://www.igkt.net/chat/index.html

        Willeke