Topics for Knot Chat (8 Apr 2001)

    Message 1 of 633 , Apr 3, 2001
      The knot topics seem to be working well. They
      seem to keep us more focused.<br><br>8 Apr 2001 --
      This week's themes are to
      live with out,<br>B. Exotic tools that you've found or
      seen,<br>C. what's in your standard tool box,<br>D. What's in
      your 'travel' tool kit,<br>E. Cheap & expensive tools,
      week(15 Apr 2001): Crowns, wall, grafting, pointing &
      using them as coverings on small/large work from
      decoration to chaffe guards & your favorite techniques to
      cover glass bottles / jugs...<br><br>Fortnite week(22
      Apr 2001): Multi-media week!<br>Favorite knot tying
      books (besides ABOK) on your favorite knot tying
      passion, favorite videos & where to buy them, any good
      software programs out there for knot tying help/graphics
      programs for do it yourself?, good gifs, jps, mpg files
      you've found on the web for all types of knotting -- is
      it on Peter Suber's site? If it isn't e-mail him...
      How to use a video recorders/ camera/ digital camera/
      scanners to take knot pics/ video -- tricks/tips/things
      not to do... programs to help you edit those pics --
      free & pay ware!?<br><br>NOTE: While some of these
      topics aren't stricly knotting they are a great way to
      share your work with others, the better we become at
      some of these topics then the more we can share what
      we do with each other... So if you have some
      experience then come share with others, if you have
      questions then come and ask them since I'm sure we all can
      benefit from the answers. You don't have to be an expert
      to contribute! We all learn best from our mistakes
      2001): What is your favorite cord for various projects,
      sizes, How do you select what your going to do? Where do
      you get your ideas, What is your favorite cord to
      learn with? Which materials do best in various
      environments? Do you paint or coat your work with
      varnish/epoxy...?<br>Have you ever embedded your work in thick epoxy? What
      are the tricks/tips/pit falls?<br><br>Any other
      ideas?<br><br>Future: Got a date you'll be around & have a topic post
      it! Want to know about some thing?<br><br>[Post it
      and we'll chat about it on that Sunday] Want to
      discuss something specific the post the topic, even if
      Chat Topics(Newest on top):<br><br>Knot Boards (how,
      why, what to include, labling, trinkits to include &
      where to find them)<br><br>Pulled Canvas work (how...,
      what knot work to include as decoration)<br><br>Ditty
      Bag construction...<br>Rope to anchor chain
      splices.<br>TH bracelets & books<br>TH expansions &
      books<br>Suppliers
    • willeke_igkt
      Message 633 of 633 , Mar 4, 2007
        Sunday Chat is running, (from 1700 GMT till about 2300 GMT)

        http://www.igkt.net/chat/index.html

        Willeke