Re: Some IGKT-NAB 2003 photos...

  • dewilde1@insightbb.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 3, 2004
      > - what are the intriguingly indistinct yellow knots early on?

      The photo makes it look like the knots are suspended in mid-air.
      What it is, is a bowline tied in a bottle, the yellow knot covers a
      wooden knob the the rope is glued to at the mouth of the bottle.
      The gentleman in the last picture, Gerry, is probably the one who
      did it. My wife was facinated by it, so Gerry gave her one for me
      to finish, he did the hard part, I finished the star knot and the
      knob covering. It's in my photo album.
      DeWildeman

      BTW, the guy who did the metalwork knots is Loren, I'm having a
      senior moment (and me so young) and can't remember his last name.
      Anyone? And what happened to the group photo he took?
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 3, 2004
        --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, dewilde1@i... wrote:

        > BTW, the guy who did the metalwork knots is Loren, I'm having a
        > senior moment (and me so young) and can't remember his last name.
        > Anyone? And what happened to the group photo he took?

        Damewood... http://www.goldenknots.com/
      • Don Burrhus
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 15, 2004
          Yes, keyfobs seemed to be plentiful. I tie many myself as they don't represent a long committment. They are a good proving ground for testing out something new and can be carried in a pocket while in progress.

          The IGKT-NAB meetng was wonderfull. A great bunch of folks. Many skills, talents and forms were represented and shared. The group has been meeting every other year.

          If you live in a particular area of the country, there may be a meeting of knotters near you on a more frequent basis...

          -donb