Some IGKT-NAB 2003 photos...

  • Don Burrhus
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 30, 2004
      For anyone who may be interested, I have posted some of the photos I came home with from the IGKT-NAB 2003 events at Newport News Virginia. Please feel free to share the URL.

      http://www.donb.com/knots/igkt-nab_2003/

      A very inspirational trip!

      -donb
    • OldManMoo
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 1, 2004
        You have too many pics on one page...takes too long for the
        page to load and very few of the pics get loaded...just a
        friendly critique, but I really wanted to see all the fotos...Moooooo

        =====
        Life without the blues is only a life half lived!

        http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/
      • Robert
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 1, 2004
          Nice pictures!!! I had no trouble loading the images but they are large and
          even with a cable connection the page loads slowly. I would recommend
          breaking it up and perhaps reducing the size of some of the images.

          Aside from that, I saw some very cool things there!!

          Robert

          > From: Don Burrhus <donb@...>
          > Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 19:32:50 -0500
          > To: knottyers@yahoogroups.com
          > Subject: [KnotTyers] Some IGKT-NAB 2003 photos...
          >

          > For anyone who may be interested, I have posted some of the photos I came home
          > with from the IGKT-NAB 2003 events at Newport News Virginia. Please feel free
          > to share the URL.
          >
          > http://www.donb.com/knots/igkt-nab_2003/
          >
          > A very inspirational trip!
          >
          > -donb

          > *
          > *
          > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

        • Dave Hedgepeth
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 1, 2004
            Don,

            The meeting looked like a great time. They all looked fairly normal but they did have an inordinately large amount of key fobs about their persons. I would enjoy getting together with that group.

            Dave

            Don Burrhus <donb@...> wrote:
            For anyone who may be interested, I have posted some of the photos I came home with from the IGKT-NAB 2003 events at Newport News Virginia. Please feel free to share the URL.

            http://www.donb.com/knots/igkt-nab_2003/

            A very inspirational trip!

            -donb

            Thanks,
            Dave
            www.DaveDoesKnotWork.com
            E-Mail - Dave@...

            It is all right there in the Disclaimer on the Site!

            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 2, 2004
              Don Burrhus writes:
              =- For anyone who may be interested, I have posted some of the photos
              =- I came home with from the IGKT-NAB 2003 events at Newport News
              very, very cool. some questions about the pictures:
              - what are the intriguingly indistinct yellow knots early on?
              - who is doing the mesh of metal knots? (one could guess, but one
              might be wrong. 8) 8)

              --
              Carol Wang http://www.elegant.ca/ Elegant Solutions Consulting
              http://www.chineseknotting.org/ The Chinese Knotting Home Page
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 3, 2004
                > - what are the intriguingly indistinct yellow knots early on?

                The photo makes it look like the knots are suspended in mid-air.
                What it is, is a bowline tied in a bottle, the yellow knot covers a
                wooden knob the the rope is glued to at the mouth of the bottle.
                The gentleman in the last picture, Gerry, is probably the one who
                did it. My wife was facinated by it, so Gerry gave her one for me
                to finish, he did the hard part, I finished the star knot and the
                knob covering. It's in my photo album.
                DeWildeman

                BTW, the guy who did the metalwork knots is Loren, I'm having a
                senior moment (and me so young) and can't remember his last name.
                Anyone? And what happened to the group photo he took?
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 3, 2004
                  --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, dewilde1@i... wrote:

                  > BTW, the guy who did the metalwork knots is Loren, I'm having a
                  > senior moment (and me so young) and can't remember his last name.
                  > Anyone? And what happened to the group photo he took?

                  Damewood... http://www.goldenknots.com/
                • Don Burrhus
                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 15, 2004
                    Yes, keyfobs seemed to be plentiful. I tie many myself as they don't represent a long committment. They are a good proving ground for testing out something new and can be carried in a pocket while in progress.

                    The IGKT-NAB meetng was wonderfull. A great bunch of folks. Many skills, talents and forms were represented and shared. The group has been meeting every other year.

                    If you live in a particular area of the country, there may be a meeting of knotters near you on a more frequent basis...

                    -donb