Knot at the end of a rope

  • JC Armstrong
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2004
      Hello Everyone & Happy New Year

      I was wondering. A while back I saw a rope with a round knot at both ends of it. I do not know the name of the knot or how to tye it.

      Can anyone help me with this. It would be greatly appreciated.

      Thanks for your time and attention.

      Happy Holidays,

      JC

      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 2, 2004
        Hello JC,

        A happy new year to you too!! There are several knots possible at the
        end of a rope. If you are talking about 3 or 4 strand laid rope you
        could try a tack knot. Originally the tack knot is made in 3 strand
        rope. On my web site you can see how to make one. (Look for "Knots in
        rope formed with own strands")

        Here are the steps involved to make one:

        First tie a wall knot followed by a crown. First the Wall knot is to
        be doubled and next is the Crown. At last put the strands down the
        stem through the center of the knot.

        You can find my website at http://www.dsv.nl/~salmaj

        Hope this helps

        Success