Club Anniversary

  • igktnab
    Message 1 of 633 , Feb 3, 2001
      Hi All,<br><br>I try not to make to many posts
      under this username since I just want to be one of the
      knot tyers; but<br><br>I just wanted to say a few
      words of thanks. As the 'official' founder... I was
      searching for a way of keeping in contact with other knot
      tyers. The web is a great place but it can be a little
      cold at times. The igktnab website is a way for us to
      have a presence but isn't really interactive. It are
      also very labor intensive for me to keep up. So this
      club was 'born'. The nice features are here as photo
      albums, link lists, passworded membership, message
      posting...all are managed by Yahoo...<br><br>I know that we
      have had some growing pains with Yahoo, but all in all
      I'm pleased with everyone's response. <br><br>As of
      today we have 133 members which is a steady growth of
      around 11 new members per month. I've kept track of it
      every now and again. It has been consistent.<br><br>For
      everyone who has asked/answered questions, posted
      pictures, offered links, or just lurked around. Thank you.
      I hope that you don't become discouraged with the
      low number of posts. I'm not. I've also visited many
      other 'hobby/craft' clubs and many don't have any
      posts/replys going. I take into account the aspect of the
      hobby. I also know that we each have different
      interests... We contribute where and when we have information
      or questions.<br><br>To all who have put up with the
      problems in the Sunday chat room. Thanks. Thanks for
      coming back... I'd also like to thank 'knot_tyer' (AKA
      Dan C.) for hosting the majority of
      sessions.<br><br>The Yahoo Messenger chat room has been more reliable
      than the browser based Java room here. I encourage
      everyone who would like to drop by to do so. We've had
      around five to six knot tyers each nite for a while now.
      And not just the same ones... You don't have to stay
      for the whole session or even join in at the 'start'
      time. And it doesn't have to end at the specified time.
      I know that I always leave a chat session with new
      knowledge, contacts, links, a sense of community.
      :}<br><br>We do have one problem -- one of our members is a
      Mac user I believe he is still having problems
      installing the yahoo messenger on his Mac. If anyone has
      successfully used/installed it on a Mac please e-mail me and
      I'll get ya'll in contact with each
      other.<br><br>Thanks again for making this a great place to exchange
      ideas, links, news, ... I wish us an even better year.
    • willeke_igkt
      Message 633 of 633 , Mar 4, 2007
        Sunday Chat is running, (from 1700 GMT till about 2300 GMT)

        http://www.igkt.net/chat/index.html

        Willeke