cords again

  • knot lover
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 17, 2003
      hi john and raven,
      yes i would like to have a look at your plans.in ply splitting we have to make our own cords and they may prove to useful to me in that.as for the cords like that used for washing line i haven't tried it much for any bigger project but mean to do so.the problem only its being available in just white colour so i will have to dye it.
      harryyyyyyyyy

    • silverknife
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 19, 2003
        Hi!
        Just thought I'd point out that if you're using cotton twine,
        remember that you can use fabric dyes to color the cotton twine
        before you build it up into a rope. From my experiance, its best to
        flake the twine neatly in a large clean coffee can, then slowly add
        the dye solution until it covers the twine.

        Mot

        --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, John Waidner <jtwaidner@i...>
        wrote:
        > Harry,
        >
        > Have you considered making your own cord? The amount and variety
        of
        > cotton twine and thread both twisted and braided to be found in
        the
        > crochet department of your local fabric store is amazing. And the
        > colors! 8 meters of braided cotton crochet yarn costs about
        $0.25. 8
        > meters twists up into about 5 meters, which is adequate for most
        of my
        > projects. Rope/twine twisting device designs abound. If
        interested, I
        > can send you plans of some I've made.
        >
        > John Waidner
        > Carmel, IN
        >
        > knot lover wrote:
        >
        > >Hi Ed,
        > > thanx . these projects are relating to macarme but i'll
        try some marlinespike later,
        > >as for the cords for the towel rack i have used wool and for the
        books marks and bands embroidery cords .same for plysplitting.as
        these are most common available here.
        > >i am not entirely satisfied with these cords though.i'll check
        for some other material.

        harryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy