Re: starknot with Crown finish

  • Larry
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2003
      --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, "Raven" <raven1763@y...>
      wrote:
      > I have always used the Mathew Walker Knot except when tying
      the
      > Albert Whitneys Rose Knot.

      I haden't noticed the rose knot in ABOK before...thanks for
      bringing it to my attention. I have been using the star to finish
      fobs for a while and it just happened that I ended up using the
      crown to finish with. I always start with the loop at the top on fobs
      with and I need to get into doing something different. I haven't
      used the brass eyes or such either at starting. I am just in a rut I
      guess..never claimed to be a creative genius. I'm afraid that if I try
      that aspect of knotying ... I may break something in the synapsis
      relay system...take care...Mooooo
    • Brian -N- Moraya Kidd
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 4, 2003
        It's all imagination. Just experimenting with the
        different knots and well, basically playing around to
        see what it will look like when done. I am now in the
        midst of a knot board. It will be comprised of some
        fancy knots, basic knot and some braids, sennits and
        of course I can't leave out some of the chinese knots.

        I am no expert at this either. I have only been tying
        knots for about 10yrs now. So, I am still a newbie at
        it myself, considering the company we are in.

        Well, keep your head up and the juices of creativity
        and imagination flowing... Remember, A knot is not
        just a knot...

        http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree