IGKT-PAB Albums!!!

  • knot_tyer
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2003
      hello KnotTyers...the IGKT-PAB becket project is done and the photos
      are in the IGKT-PAB Albums in Imagestation:
      http://www.imagestation.com/
      ...when you get there enter: search: igktpab - members - go
      ...you may have to join imagestation, but it only takes a
      minute...the IGKT-PAB has 11 Albums and there are knots in every
      one!!!...some great knotwork by the IGKT-PAB.....Dan-Alaska
    • almac882@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 2003
        In the 111202 Meeting album Pic # 3 shows some tools I'm not familiar with.
        There three tee shaped tools that look to be welded from thin wall tubing.
        Can you tell me what they're used for. I thought I knew all the tools used in
        knotting and rope work, but this is a new one on me.

        Allen M

      • Jimmy R. Williams <aknotter@iwon.com>
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 2, 2003
          I believe they are "modern day" equivalent of "serving mallets".

          Used to serve over heavily used lines on board. Look at the
          Brigantine albums - In the first of them, we are tarring lines
          that have been served over. I think I have some close ups of
          the lines.

          I will print ur post and take it to our next meeting and verify.
          That will be on 3/11.

          --- Jimmy ---
          --- IGKT-PAB ---

        • almac882@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 2, 2003
            In a message dated 3/2/2003 9:09:17 AM Pacific Standard Time,
            aknotter@... writes:

            > I believe they are "modern day" equivalent of "serving mallets".

            Thanks Jimmy,

            I've made and used several kinds of serving mallets and serving boards, but
            must be out of touch with the modern ways of serving. I've always used oak
            for the mallets, although I have a small serving board made of lignum vitae.
            I'll see what I can find in the albums.

            Allen M