twines

  • Larry <lbtmoo@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2003
      I just bought a roll of tarred twine from an army-navy type store
      here in my area. I went online to look up the maker of it and hit a
      gold mine! the url is:
      http://www.memphisnet.net/10/FishCatalog/Twines.html#anchor
      1067814
      They make twines for fishing nets and most are treated not to
      unravel too significantly. Which means they are not the wimpy
      nylon line like you buy in the hardware store. The roll I bought is
      tarred nylon and is size #18 which is about the size of mini blind
      cord. This spool has 1028 ft. and cost me $7 at the store. This
      place sells by the 1lb. rolls or by the case. At the top of their page
      is a rough idea of the diameters of the lines they sell. I have
      used the green twine in repairing shrimp nets many years ago. It
      is an ugly green. But if you want something different then you
      may want to look here. They also have braided line. But by the
      pound spools, the price seems to be very reasonable. You may
      want to order by the case and share with your local knotheads. I
      also got a spool of the 1/8" tarred line. Looks black, but is a
      twisted 3 strand rope looking nylon. There is very little residue
      that rubs off on my hands...I can live with it. Just thought i'd post
      this. Any probs getting to their site it is Memphis net & twine co.,
      inc. I am going to make some mini bell rope key fobs with the
      smaller twine. Should have one posted in a day or two.