Re: [KnotTyers] How can I make a lion?

  • Howard Gibbins
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 5, 2003
      Mette:

      I'm not familiar with the term "Lion", so I'm not sure if I can help.
      But I would like to know what it is etc.

      Howard
      A Scout Leader from Canada

      --
      53 Deg. 33 Min North Latitude
      113 Deg. 29 Min. West Longitude

      Website: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/hgibbins
    • Mette Jessen
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 7, 2003
        Hello Howard
        Thank you for the reply. I have attached a file with a picture of a horse
        that I found on IGKT's homepage. The lion should be something like that.
        Mette

        >From: Howard Gibbins <hgibbins@...>
        >To: knottyers@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: Re: [KnotTyers] How can I make a lion?
        >Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2003 21:01:11 -0700
        >
        >Mette:
        >
        >I'm not familiar with the term "Lion", so I'm not sure if I can help.
        >But I would like to know what it is etc.
        >
        >Howard
        >A Scout Leader from Canada
        >
        >--
        >53 Deg. 33 Min North Latitude
        >113 Deg. 29 Min. West Longitude
        >
        >Website: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/hgibbins

      • johnny_vann
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 28, 2003
          Mette,

          Did you ever make your lion? I was reading through back posts and
          didn't see a response.

          I don't know how to make one but could you do something like the
          goldfish posted in the photo section under Decorative Knots by
          yvonnechang? You would have to make some modifications but would
          something like that work?

          - johnny

          --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, "Mette Jessen" <danmarkine@h...>
          wrote:

          > Hello,
          > I am a girl-scout from Denmark. Does somebody know how to make a
          lion of
          > rope including splicings and tacklings?
          > Mette

          > MSN - More useful every day http://www.msn.de
        • knot_tyer
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 28, 2003
            hello Johnny & Mette.....there is an excellent book written by IGKT
            member Frank Brown-Tasmania called: "The Rope Menagerie"...there is a
            little lion in the book (about 12 animals in all)...it is an
            excellent little lion at that!!!...you can contact Frank Brown at:
            bowline"AT"bigpond.com
            Frank was at Fareham and gave a class on his beautiful little "teddy
            bears"...his book is excellent!....Dan-Alaska

            --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, "johnny_vann" <johnny_vann@y...>