Re: uploaded file will not work

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 13, 2002
      --- In knottyers@yahoogroups.com, "signin3599 <rmr3599@a...>"
      <rmr3599@a...> wrote:
      > Ok fella's I zipped the chipclip files and uploaded them to the
      files
      > section. I downloaded the file and it will not unzip. I noticed that
      > the icon in the files section is not of a zip file... I unpacked my
      > orginal zip file I uploaded and it unpacks ok but after it is
      uploaded
      > something happens to it... What did I do wrong.
      > Thanks Mike

      Mike,

      I saw that you'd uploaded the file again. I downloaded it, which
      although it had a zip extension, saved as a tar. WinZip would not
      open it as such, although WinZip will open legal tar files, I changed
      the extension to zip and it opened without problems.

      I deleted your upload from the files section. Reloaded the renamed
      file, and I just checked it. It now works fine. Even has
      the 'correct' zip icon.

      I don't know why yahoo thought it was a tar file, when it was a zip.
      Which OS are you using?

      Ed

      P.S.

      Everyone to use this file. Download it. Open it with WinZip or
      other archive extraction program. Extract the files to a directory
      of your choosing. Open up the html file with your browser and enjoy.

      P.P.S.

      Several zip extraction programs are avaliable on the web for free or
      nominal fee, do a search...
    • signin3599 <rmr3599@att.net>
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 13, 2002
        Ed, I'm running windows 98 and using winzip version 8, Thanks for your
        help in getting this file to act correctly. I don't know why it turned
        into a .tar file when uploaded to yahoo, I was ready to pull my hair
        out.. Again thanks,, Mike

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 14, 2002
          <rmr3599@a...> wrote:
          > Ed, I'm running windows 98 and using winzip version 8, Thanks for
          your
          > help in getting this file to act correctly. I don't know why it
          turned
          > into a .tar file when uploaded to yahoo, I was ready to pull my hair
          > out.. Again thanks,, Mike

          Mike,

          No problem. Would you like me to delete my version and let you
          repost it? That way you have 'control' over the file if changes are
          needed!

          Ed
        • signin3599 <rmr3599@att.net>
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 14, 2002
            Heavens no don't delete it,, I tired 3 different times to do it and
            apparently something to do with the servers keep mutating it..LOL
            Leave it as is, it works....