is there any interest??!!

  • knot_tyer
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 2, 2002
      go to Photos: Lighthouse!!...comments please!!...thanks!
    • garyfng
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 4, 2002
        Hey Dan,
        What kind of interest are you looking for? I think lighthouses are
        great and I particularly like the lighthouses that have managed to
        keep their fresnel lenses. Would I like to restore one? No, thank
        you but I'll travel miles out of my way to visit one. And one that I
        can climb and still has a fresnel lens, heck I would ecen pay for
        that privilage.

        Gary

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 5, 2002
          howdy Gary...i posted a picture of a Fresnel Lens in Photos:
          Lighthouse...they are museum art now, but years ago that's how
          sailors found their way!...(i guess even lighthouses aren't needed
          anymore!!)...yes, if the U.S. Lighthouse Society is giving away
          lighthouses they probably need a "little work"!!...i just wanted to
          start a discussion to see if there was enough interest for the IGKT-
          NAB to get involved with one of these lighthouses!!!...it would be a
          giant step forward for knots!!!...Dan