Re: [KnotTyers] Re: I need help

  • Richard A. Victor
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 15, 2002
      Here's a web site that has handmade wooden fids

      http://www.woodenboat.org/store/folder.asp

      Some of the other items may be of interest as well.

      Dick

      >--- In knottyers@y..., "photo2u2" <photo2u@a...> wrote:
      > > I have searched the internet high and low looking for a source of
      > > WOODEN fids, marlinspikes, and seam rubbers. I am starting a
      > > historical naval group in Jacksonville Florida. And one part of our
      > > program is showing older style tools.
      > >
      > > I feel like I'm over my head. Can someone direct me? I don't need
      > > antiques, just replicas or currently made WOODED tools.
      > >
      > > Charlotte
    • Jimmy Ray Williams
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 16, 2002
        --- In knottyers@y..., "photo2u2" <photo2u@a...> wrote:
        > I have searched the internet high and low looking for a source of
        > WOODEN fids, marlinspikes, and seam rubbers. I am starting a
        > historical naval group in Jacksonville Florida. And one part of our
        > program is showing older style tools.
        >
        > I feel like I'm over my head. Can someone direct me? I don't need
        > antiques, just replicas or currently made WOODED tools.
        >
        > Charlotte

        http://www.northnet.org/ropeworks/reader/fid.pdf
        How to make several types of fids.

        http://www.stainedglasswarehouse.com/woodenfid.html
        You can purchase a fid here for $1.50.

        --- Jimmy ---
      • knot_tyer
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 17, 2002
          --- In knottyers@y..., "photo2u2" <photo2u@a...> wrote:
          > I have searched the internet high and low looking for a source of
          > WOODEN fids, marlinspikes, and seam rubbers. I am starting a
          > historical naval group in Jacksonville Florida. And one part of our
          > program is showing older style tools.
          >
          > I feel like I'm over my head. Can someone direct me? I don't need
          > antiques, just replicas or currently made WOODED tools.
          >
          > Charlotte
          hello Charlotte.....if you keep a close eye on eBay,
          you should be able to find many items you are looking
          for!!
          http://www.ebay.com/

          ...Dan-Alaska
        • Erick Felt
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 18, 2002
            Hi Charlotte,
            I,m a knottyer and canvas worker in Jacksonville Fl.
            Where are you starting your historical naval group
            > Erick

            Yahoo! News - Today's headlines
            http://news.yahoo.com