9028Re: [KnotTyers] How to maintain even tension

  • Beth Hilborn
    Mar 22, 2014
      I ran into the same issue at the beginning of my knotting journey.  It took me a while to realize that I should tie things loosely, and then slowly and methodically tighten to the point I wanted the knot to be.  Being of the ‘thrifty’ sort, I always hated cutting off more material than was going to be needed, so I’ve actually started to tie off the spool, and then tighten in reverse order, until I get close to my working end and then cut it loose.  Then, I tighten again, and if need be, a third time.

      Good luck.

      Beth

      In a message dated 3/22/2014 10:43:11 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, jordanbarnett184@... writes:

      I'm a new and enthusiastic knotyer. I find myself able to execute the knots required for the pieces I'm making—currently bracelets, necklaces, and key fobs—but it's a constant struggle for me to maintain an even tension throughout. I always seem to tie the knots too tight in an effort to make them of size size.

      It seemed to me that this might be common problem for the beginning knotter. Perhaps someone could give me tips on overcoming it?

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic