      From: "ben2go@..." <ben2go@...>
      To: knottyers@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, September 29, 2013 10:43 PM
      Subject: [KnotTyers] Disabled Tyer

      I am a beginner at tying.I've done some simple braids and weaves to make lanyards,bracelets,and necklaces.I would like to use my new found hobby to help make ends meet since my SSD doesn't cover the bills.I would also like to push into more advanced tying.I am not sure where to start with this and how to make a little money doing it.I missed a couple local events that would have been place to show and sell.I have a couple friends that have small arts and crafts type stores.A few friends have small second hand shops.I can also put together a website featuring my work or even advertise on sites like ebay.I just don't know what direction to go in next to advance my skills.I feel that if I hone my skills,my work will sell itself.What are thoughts does the group have on advancing and perfecting skills?Also,should I ask this over on the IKTG?

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic