Cheap Lock and Lock containers

  • n6uzs1@juno.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 2, 2009
      After a popular race to go buy Decons(Hello Barry!?) I found another
      sweet deal on Lock and Lock containers. At my local Big Lots in Orange
      they are $2 each and come in various sizes. I've never used them before
      but have found some and they seem to be watertight. I don't remember who
      makes these but it could be Rubbermaid.

      Digital Photography - Click Now.
      http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/BLSrjpTDvmTPuE9tbXcosxNq7mNKYy2PejUwNGOklwUftQWUHWpy7RpGeCM/
    • AnneSprings
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 2, 2009
        Thanks for the tip! Lock and Locks are great, I would absolutely
        recommend them. They're all I used to hide caches back east where we
        had to deal with snow and rain all the time. Hopefully there are
        some at the Big Lots near me, as I've (finally) got a few cache
        hides up my sleeve.

        --- In knock_cachers@yahoogroups.com, n6uzs1@... wrote:

        > After a popular race to go buy Decons(Hello Barry!?) I found
        another
        > sweet deal on Lock and Lock containers. At my local Big Lots in
        Orange
        > they are $2 each and come in various sizes. I've never used them
        before
        > but have found some and they seem to be watertight. I don't
        remember who
        > makes these but it could be Rubbermaid.

        > Digital Photography - Click Now.

        http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/BLSrjpTDvmTPuE9tbXcosxNq7
        mNKYy2PejUwNGOklwUftQWUHWpy7RpGeCM/

      • Angie Evans
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 2, 2009
          I am smelling a cache trip to Palm Springs area soon!

          Thanks for the tip! Lock and Locks are great, I would absolutely
          recommend them. They're all I used to hide caches back east where we
          had to deal with snow and rain all the time. Hopefully there are
          some at the Big Lots near me, as I've (finally) got a few cache
          hides up my sleeve.

          --- In knock_cachers@ yahoogroups. com, n6uzs1@... wrote:

          > After a popular race to go buy Decons(Hello Barry!?) I found
          another
          > sweet deal on Lock and Lock containers. At my local Big Lots in
          Orange
          > they are $2 each and come in various sizes. I've never used them
          before
          > but have found some and they seem to be watertight. I don't
          remember who
          > makes these but it could be Rubbermaid.

          > Digital Photography - Click Now.

          http://thirdpartyof fers.juno. com/TGL2141/ fc/BLSrjpTDvmTPu E9tbXcosxNq7
          mNKYy2PejUwNGOklwUf tQWUHWpy7RpGeCM/

        • Lori Shapiro
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 2, 2009
            All,

            I was caching in Lancaster this weekend and found four lock and lock containers that had the flaps broken off, with the lid loose.  Not sure how long they were out there but they don't appear to last more than a year or two.
            Lori

            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 2, 2009
              Yep, those things fail after some period of time. About a year ago, I
              went cachin' with the boys in Carbon Canyon. I found one cache, a
              Lock 'N Lock container, and started to open it. Snap! The first tab
              broke off. Snap! The second tab broke off. Snap! Snap! Yep, all four
              tabs came off in my hands. I'm not sure of the maker, but anytime
              there's thin plastic and the elements, the plastic is gonna lose.

              I'm starting to think the only lasting containers are the orange
              matchstick tubes, decons, and ammo cans. As Dennis Miller says, "Of
              course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong."

              --- In knock_cachers@yahoogroups.com, Lori Shapiro <lashapi@...>

              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 2, 2009
                Oh great...OK I'll save my money and avoid lock and locks. I did venture
                over to Walmart and bought a bunch of matchsticks at a buck each. They
                used to be 85 cents but I guess plastic went up with oil prices.

                Fishfulthinking gave me some tips on how to easily make those "hang
                around." Says that coat hanger wire is strong and pliable enough for this
                application.

                Also at Walmart is Krylon's Camoflauge Paint that's "Ultra Flat" color.
                About $4.44 a can. It's a mix of darker greens and browns which are
                perfect for ammo cans, etc.

                See some pix of it here:
                http://www.krylon.com/krylon-weblogic/projects/sports-recreation/camo-4wd
                -sidekick/

                On Tue, 03 Mar 2009 07:06:21 -0000 "jjg10101" <jjg10101@...>
                writes:
                > I'm starting to think the only lasting containers are the orange
                > matchstick tubes, decons, and ammo cans. >

                Click here to save cash and find low rates on auto loans.
                http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/BLSrjpTLaWy1Xchj5oMa9hLe3TAvtaQWMm9zaM2nKm8z7FHdMDjIcm7dYru/
              • Barry
                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 3, 2009
                  Sounds like RFO is gonna be doing some major hiding soon
                  Glad to know what were looking for when they come out, soo when is the next
                  one
                  we can race to FTF??? :)

                  Message 8 of 11 , Mar 3, 2009
                    On Tue, 3 Mar 2009 01:57:45 -0800 "Barry" <bajatym@...> writes:
                    > Sounds like RFO is gonna be doing some major hiding soon
                    > Glad to know what were looking for when they come out, soo when is
                    > the next
                    > one
                    > we can race to FTF??? :)

                    Hey Barry thanks for getting back to me about those Decons. Apparently
                    you go to bed REALLY late and I couldn't risk a sell out on Saturday so
                    we grabbed 20 of em. Cashier guy says you got 30 or so but didn't mention
                    anything about discounts even those are supposed to start at lots of 50
                    and above. Since the owner was there I filled him in and he must have
                    been in a really good mood so I got a discount too!

                    After the Holy Jim hike I'm sure your Decon load is much lighter so if
                    you want to buy some off me I don't mind. ;) I'll even make you a DEAL.
                    Shhhh!

                    As we said before ALL of our containers have been wiped out by ATW80 and
                    I wanted to ensure that I had MORE for hiding or even raffle prizes for
                    my March 21 event. You never know Barry when you *might* have the winning
                    ticket.

                    And speaking of FTFs I saw what you wrote over on It's Almost Always
                    Green in Fullerton(now deleted, bummer!)about "this is probably going to
                    be someone's 36th FTF today!" In order to beat the FTF Hogs(add that to
                    the list of Piranha's, etc.)you have to live where they live. ;)

                    So no promises on where I plan to hide next OK?

                    Have a Great Day!
                    Richard
                    P.S. I just figured out what that black stripe is for on the bottom of
                    the matchstick containers....it's a striker for your matches! LOL!
                    Click to get free auto insurance quotes from top companies.
                    http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/BLSrjpTImHZHkxEJKdFlNSMR8obeI7wQg8S23OXDeJul94sxyceWaXs8iII/
                  • smoochersmom@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 11 , Mar 3, 2009
                      Whoa, did I just hear the piranhas being lumped in with FTF #360something??? :-P Richard, Richard, Richard.Chomp! hahahaha

                      Message 10 of 11 , Mar 3, 2009

                        Message 11 of 11 , Mar 3, 2009
                          Is that what you're calling it? ;)

                          Maybe they should start using "FTFBP" or "First to Find Before Piranhas"  :-P

                          Chomp! Ow.

                          OK do I get a coin now? I see Barry logged one into a cache but is it ACTUALLY there? Or maybe you can *donate* one to my event.

                          Hugs!
                          Richard.

                          On Tue, 03 Mar 2009 11:26:39 -0500 smoochersmom@... writes:
                          Whoa, did I just hear the piranhas being lumped in with FTF #360something??? :-P Richard, Richard, Richard.Chomp! hahahaha

                          > Sounds like RFO is gonna be doing some major hiding soon
                          > Glad to know what were looking for when they come out, soo when is
                          > the next
                          > one
                          > we can race to FTF??? :)

                          Hey Barry thanks for getting back to me about those Decons. Apparently
                          you go to bed REALLY late and I couldn't risk a sell out on Saturday so
                          we grabbed 20 of em. Cashier guy says you got 30 or so but didn't mention
                          anything about discounts even those are supposed to start at lots of 50
                          and above. Since the owner was there I filled him in and he must have
                          been in a really good mood so I got a discount too!

                          After the Holy Jim hike I'm sure your Decon load is much lighter so if
                          you want to buy some off me I don't mind. ;) I'll even make you a DEAL.
                          Shhhh!

                          As we said before ALL of our containers have been wiped out by ATW80 and
                          I wanted to ensure that I had MORE for hiding or even raffle prizes for
                          my March 21 event. You never know Barry when you *might* have the winning
                          ticket.

                          And speaking of FTFs I saw what you wrote over on It's Almost Always
                          Green in Fullerton(now deleted, bummer!)about "this is probably going to
                          be someone's 36th FTF today!" In order to beat the FTF Hogs(add that to
                          the list of Piranha's, etc.)you have to live where they live. ;)

                          So no promises on where I plan to hide next OK?

                          Have a Great Day!
                          Richard
                          P.S. I just figured out what that black stripe is for on the bottom of
                          the matchstick containers.. ..it's a striker for your matches! LOL!
                          Click to get free auto insurance quotes from top companies.
                          http://thirdpartyof fers.juno. com/TGL2141/ fc/BLSrjpTImHZHk xEJKdFlNSMR8obeI 7wQg8S23OXDeJul9 4sxyceWaXs8iII/

                          Become a Photographer and earn up to $150/ hour. Click here.