Fw: Fw: Fwd: FW: [FWD: FW: please review]

  • Diane Carpenter
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2013

      Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

      From: justina palicte <jupapal@...>;
      To: Dolores Matich <domama12@...>; Carol Palicte <acpalicte@...>; Lou Weymar <lu_weymar@...>; Diane Carpenter <arrakis@...>; bob san jose <b.sanjose@...>;
      Subject: Fw: Fwd: FW: [FWD: FW: please review]
      Sent: Fri, Aug 2, 2013 5:45:13 AM

      Have a good day

      ----- Forwarded Message -----
      From: Leah Harrell <lrh48@...>
      To: Jessie <jupapal@...>
      Cc: Socorro <smendez@...>; "wlacy@..." <wlacy@...>; Carole <carole.johnson2949@...>
      Sent: Thursday, August 1, 2013 8:31 PM

      Subject: FW: please review

      If you read this and agree that "under God" should be left in the pledge, then just forward it to others and you have voted for it to be left in. If you delete it and don't forward it you are voting no to "under God". Easy huh!
      Have a great day.
      Shock to NBC
      Official versions
      (changes in bold italics)
      1892
      "I pledge allegiance to my flag and the republic for which it stands: one nation indivisible with liberty and justice for all."
      1892 to 1923
      "I pledge allegiance to my flag andto the republic for which it stands: one nation indivisible with liberty and justice for all."
      1923 to 1924
      "I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States and to the republic for which it stands: one nation indivisible with liberty and justice for all."
      1924 to 1954
      "I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands; one nation indivisible with liberty and justice for all."
      1954 to Present
      "I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America , and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

      Shock to NBC
      This is not sent for discussion. If you agree, forward it... If you don't, delete it.
      I don't want to know one way or the other. By me forwarding it, you know
      How I feel.

      Do you believe that the word God should stay in American culture?

      NBC this morning had a poll on this question. They had the highest Number of responses that they have ever had for one of their polls, and the Percentage was the same as this:

      86% to keep the words, IN God We Trust and God in the Pledge of Allegiance14% against

      That is a pretty 'commanding' public response.

      I was asked to send this on if I agreed
       or delete if I didn't ..

      Now it is your turn. It is said that 86% of Americans believe the word God should stay.......

      Therefore, I have a very hard time understanding why there is such a mess about having 'In God We Trust' on our money and having God in the Pledge of Allegiance.

      Why is the world catering to this 14%?

      AMEN!

      If you agree, pass this on
       ,if not, simply delete.