[knitswap] More yarn for sale

  • Hazel Blumberg-McKee
    Message 1 of 23 , Jul 14 7:47 AM
      Just stumbled across three balls of Plymouth Encore left over from another
      project. It's 75% acrylic/25% wool, 100g/3.5 oz/200 yd per ball. The color
      is a sort of heathery cranberry. Needle size is US 8-9/5-5.5 mm. The color
      is 356, and the dye lot is 11986. Two balls have ball bands, and the third
      doesn't. All are complete balls. Our house is completely smoke-free, and I
      hide my yarn from my cats. :-)

      If anyone's interested, I'm asking $2.50 per skein plus $2.00 for postage.

      Hazel
      Hazel Blumberg-McKee (mailto:hazelcb@...), Tallahassee, Florida,
      USA
      "June, July, and August form the Triple Crown of humidity."--Mark Hinson

      eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/knitswap
    • Hazel Blumberg
      Message 2 of 23 , Nov 1, 2000
        Here's some more yarn for sale, from a smoke-free home and from a room to
        which my pets have no access. I'll be out of the cyberloop for a few days,
        because I'm having minor surgery on a toe done on Nov. 2 (tomorrow--eeeek!),
        so if you don't hear from me immediately, have no fear! I should be back at
        my computer soon!

        1. 10 balls Pingouin Corrida 5, 60% cotton/40% acrylic, a lovely sort of
        mid-purple/sort of mulberry, soft, with a relatively loose twist, 16 sts =
        4"/10 cm on US 7-8/4.5-5 mm needles, ea. ball is 50g/1.75 oz/80 m/85 yd

        2. 17 balls Crystal Palace Sunshine, 51% cotton/49% acrylic, a heathery,
        medium blue, sort of sky-colored or weathered-jeans colored, but definitely
        a brighter color than the latter, very soft, tightly braided yarn, 4.5-5 sts
        = 1" on US 6-8 needles, ea. ball (they came on a cardboard center and are
        still in original putup) is 102 yd/50 g

        3. 3 pounds (but that includes the weight of the plastic cones that each
        pound is on, so weight of yarn is probably a bit less, maybe 2-2.5 pounds?),
        British mohair (I no longer have the brand name, for which I apologize), 70%
        kid mohair/30% acrylic, talk about soft!, color is a sort of medium brown
        tending toward an auburn hair color, but not quite that reddish, and while
        it's not variegated, the color is somewhat changeable, depending on how the
        light hits it, so that I think you'd get subtle gradations of color as you
        knit it up; I don't have a gauge for it either, but a strand is about the
        same thickness as that of the Sunshine (#2, above); of course, with mohair,
        if you were going to make something lacy-looking, you could use much bigger
        needles

        I'll be around tomorrow morning but no doubt out of it after surgery (it's
        outpatient), and I probably won't be back at my computer until Nov. 5 or so.
        But wanted to post these anyway; made me feel better to clear _something_
        out of my yarn closet!

        Anyway, I don't have a price in mind for any of these, so please, if you're
        interested in them, just drop a note and make me an offer. I'll probably
        want to add something for postage.

        All best,
        Hazel
        Hazel Blumberg (hazelcb@...), Tallahassee, Florida, USA
        "My job is not to create, per se, but to unearth, to get these things out of
        the ground as fully complete as I can. But to me, I never felt like I wrote
        a story. I felt like I found them all. I feel more like an archaeologist
        than a creator." (Stephen King)
      • Hazel Blumberg
        Message 3 of 23 , Nov 6, 2000
          I've started digging around even more in the yarn closet, and here's what's
          available so far. There's more to come! Everything is from a totally
          smoke-free house, and my pets aren't allowed access to the room in which the
          yarn closet is located. If you see anything you're interested in, please do
          contact me off-list. (My e-mail address is at the end.) I usually don't
          remember what I paid for something, but if I _do_ know the price, I'll list
          what I paid for it. I'll add on some postage, too; we can discuss that
          whenever you write to express an interest. Thanks for taking a look.

          1. 8 balls of Trendsetter Yarns Slique, 86% cotton/14% polyamid, ea. ball 50
          g/1.75 oz/105 m/114 yd, no gauge given but I'd put it at maybe DK weight,
          color 4, dye lot 624. This yarn is very soft and almost ribbonlike. It's
          very hard to describe the color. It at first appears to be black, but it
          shines with a sort of "oil slick" range of colors. I see coppers, reds,
          blues. Depending on how the light hits it, it goes from understated to
          dazzling. Interesting stuff. When you join a new ball, it's best to do so at
          the beginning of a row and to tie a knot.

          2. 1 pound (on cone) Jagger sock yarn, 8/2, cotton/wool/nylon, cottony core
          with a very dark blue or black skinny thread wrapped around it. Soft but
          sturdy and will make LOTS of socks!

          3. 3 skeins Southmaid Cotton 8, 100% cotton, ea. skein 2.5 oz/70 g,
          periwinkle blue, color no. 810, dye lot 79388; I paid $1.79 plus tax for
          each skein

          4. 1 skein Southmaid Cotton 8, particulars as above, color moss green, color
          no. 814, dye lot 65889; I paid $1.50 for this

          5. 11 oz. hand-painted mohair boucle', wound into two center-pull balls, I
          think the fiber composition is about 70% to 80% mohair with the rest wool,
          extremely soft, colors range from dark purples through lighter purples to
          hot pinks to softer pinks to sunny oranges to pale yellows. No gauge or
          yardage information, alas, but the yardage is good, I think, and you can of
          course knit mohair on just about any size needle. The boucle' nature of this
          yarn will no doubt allow you to use really big needles, because the loops
          will fill in the fiber nicely.

          6. 1 1/2 lb. (on two cones) cone Lunatic Fringe 100% cotton, 3/2,
          unmercerized, lot 994, color natural, very soft with a nice, tight, twist. I
          used this along with another cotton yarn in a vest, and it softened up the
          other cotton, which was quite rough, making for a really pleasing fabric.

          7. 2 1/2 balls Schachenmayr Nomotta Catania Flamme Color, 100% mercerized
          cotton, ea. full ball 50 g/120 m, 22 sts to 10 cm on 3-4mm needles, thick
          and thin texture, very jolly and bright colors, variegated through the whole
          spectrum; I think the turquoises stand out the most, but others may see more
          hot pinks or oranges or reds. . . . . ; originally paid $4.95 for each ball

          8. 1 ball Bambi 100% mercerized cotton, pale turquoise blue, 50g/127m, color
          232, lot 46622, 3.5-4 mm needles

          9. 1 ball Brunswick Comfy, 99% cotton/1% lycra, 100 g/3.5 oz/25 yd, color is
          ruby, but I'd call it a hot pink tending toward a slight purplish tone, the
          lycra is bound around the cotton in a sort of Soft-Bally look, very nice and
          stretchy and soft

          10. 1 ball Berroco Cotton 100, 100% pure cotton top, again, a sort of
          Soft-Bally look, navy blue, color 9421, lot 97, 1.75 oz/50 g/84 yd/77 m, 9
          sts = 2", on US #7 needle

          11. bag of Brown Sheep Kaleidoscope, I believe this one is called Anaheim,
          it's the reddish/maroonish/hopt pinkish/orange-yellowy one, 80% pima
          cotton/20% merino wool, 5 sts = 1 " on US 6, 50 g hanks, 107 yd/hank, 10
          hanks plus 7 small balls of yarn that I'd wound off

          12. what had been a felted hat kit from the folks in Genoa, NY, who have a
          knitting mill (Oh, gosh, why doesn't their name occur to me??), with a
          "wheel" of gorgeous cranberry-colored 100% wool unspun and a ball of a
          medium cranberry-pinkish heathery spun wool that you knitted together and
          then felted; wish I could give you definite amounts of yarn, but assuredly
          enough to make a felted adult hat or a couple of unfelted ones

          13. 12 balls Pingouin Mistigri, 70% polyamide/30% acrylic, ea. ball 40 g/1
          3/8 oz/160 m/176 yd, 29 sts = 10 cm/4" on US 3/3mm, color 02, lot 694960,
          color given as opaline-celeste-blanc. This is another hard-to-describe
          color. It's pale, pale turquoise, and pale pale blue, and white. It is made
          of 3 strands, each in one of these colors. It is incredibly soft. I have a
          similar type of Pingouin, in a slightly heavier weight, in blues and in
          blacks. Knitted a batwing sweater out of the blues, and it is one of the
          softest sweaters I own. Wears very well, too. Original price paid:
          $5.49/ball.

          14. 1 ball Brunswick Fleece, 96% wool/4% nylon, shade Bar Harbor, 53206, 100
          g/3.5 oz/ 100 yd, 2.5 sts = 1" on US 10./6.5 mm, sort of boucle' texture,
          variegated, from dark tuquoises to greys to blacks to medium roses

          15. 1 skein Garn Studio Silke Tweed, 52% silk/48% lambswool, 50 g/200m, 23
          sts = 10 cm on 3-3.5 mm, col. 22, lot 1004, a rich, deep turquoise with
          subtle occasional flecks of hot pink and purple

          16. 1 skein Garn Studio Silke Tweed, same particularrs as above, but black
          with many flecks of different colors: orange, turquoise, medium green, deep
          turquoise, color 06, lot 18

          Hazel Blumberg (hazelcb@...), Tallahassee, Florida, USA
          "Florida is really a character in [my] novels, it's not just a setting.
          [I]t's not just a place I live. It's something I care about. So when I see a
          bunch of pigs with rental tags throwing (expletive) out the window, I
          definitely want to follow them and take a crow bar to the car. I don't do
          it, but I have friends that have been known to." (Carl Hiaasen)
        • Susan Goldman
          Message 4 of 23 , Jan 10, 2001
            Hi again,

            I have some more yarn for sale or trade.

            10 skeins, 100 g each of Classic Elite Heather Cotton in Natural,
            a very nice, natural worsted weight yarn, 218 yards, probably
            would overdye well though I have not tried it. It can be used
            with any pattern for worsted weight yarns, Classic Elite's
            Tapestry, for example. Price: %4.00 per ball plus shipping.

            I also have

            Knit N Style #94, #97, and #98. Price $2.50 each.

            Bead and Button, #2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 9, 11. Price $2.50 each.

            Thanks for looking,
            Sue Goldman
            goldman@...
          • Hazel Blumberg
            Message 5 of 23 , Jun 9, 2001
              In my slow going-through of my yarn stash, I've found more yarn I'd like to
              sell. I've forgotten to mention before that all yarn comes from a smoke-free
              home, and all yarn is kept in containers in a closet in a room that my pets
              are NOT allowed to enter. :-))

              12 balls Neveda Bistro, 52% virgin wool/48% acrylic. Beautifully soft yarn,
              gently twisted, of silver grey and Delft blue. Each ball is 50 g/1.7 oz/79
              m/87 yd. Gauge: 15 sts = 10 cm/4 in on 4.5 mm/US 6/English 7 needles. Number
              on the ball band is 8393 8728; I'm assuming that the first part is the color
              and the second part is the dye lot. This is truly lovely stuff, but I'm
              finding that so much of my yarn is grey and Delft blue! I don't remember
              what I paid for the yarn, but I'm asking US $2.50 per ball plus postage,
              which, if I send it via Priority Mail, should be around US $4 to the lower
              48 states.

              If you're interested, please drop me a note off-list.

              The Neveda Tweed and the Stahl Limbo are still available, but all my other
              yarns are gone.

              Thanks for looking, and happy knitting.

              Hazel

              Hazel Blumberg (hazelblumberg@...), Tallahassee, Florida, USA
              If you can't eat all your chocolate, it will keep in the freezer. But if you
              can't eat all your chocolate, it may be a sign of a deeper problem.
              (Anonymous)
            • Hazel Blumberg
              Message 6 of 23 , Jun 12, 2001
                After digging around in my overfull yarn closet yet again, I found some more
                yarn that I'd like to sell. All yarn comes from a smoke-free home and is
                kept in containers in a closet in a room into which my pets are not allowed.
                If this yarn interests you, please contact me off-list. Thanks for looking,
                and happy knitting!

                11 3/4 balls of Phildar Top Secret, 23% mohair/22@ wool/22% cotton/33%
                viscose. (The 3/4 is approximate; I swatched some of the yarn.) Each ball is
                50 g/1.75 oz/57 m/62 yd. The color is 76, and it's lot 1. Gauge is 14 sts =
                10 cm/4 in on US 10-11. Very, very soft. The color is hard to describe. It's
                subtly variegated and runs from almost seafoam green to Delft blue to forest
                green to off-white to a muted fuchsia to purple to grey-brown, and I don't
                know if I've included all the colors here. The effect is muted and subtle.
                The viscose provides a bit of shine as the binder yarn. I paid US $6.95 per
                ball originally, but my price is US $3 plus shipping.

                All best,
                Hazel

                Hazel Blumberg (hazelblumberg@...), Tallahassee, Florida, USA
                "Success means going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm."
                (Winston Churchill)
              • Hazel Blumberg
                Message 7 of 23 , Aug 22, 2001
                  Today, the bottom latch of my yarn closet door popped and
                  the door wouldn't close. Is that a sign that the yarn
                  containment zone is bulging at the seams, or what? I
                  therefore have more yarn for sale. It's from a smoke-free
                  home, and my pets don't have access to the room in which the
                  yarn closet is.

                  1. My LYSO put together two balls of yarn to make a snazzy
                  accent scarf. One ball is Pingouin Rubane', a sort of
                  peacock blue ribbon (100% polyamide), 50 g/1.75 oz/ 75m/82
                  yd, 20 sts = 4"/10 cm on US 7-8/4.5-5 mm. The other ball is
                  Jaeger Vienna, a sparkly, eyelashy yarn in the same peacock
                  blue, plus black and silver (69% viscose, 19% polyester/ 12%
                  metallized polyester/Lurex, 50 g/65m, no gauge given but
                  works with same size needles as does the Rubane'. The two
                  yarns sold for US $16.95 (for both balls of yarn). I'm
                  asking US $10 plus postage (should be very lightweight).

                  2. 10 balls of Neveda Linnen, 67% cotton, 19% linen, 14%
                  viscose, 2 strands twisted together: 1 is shiny and sort of
                  silvery and it's twisted with a pale brown, and 1 is
                  variegated, thick and thin, and ranges from pale
                  beige/browns through off-whites with a bit of bright pink
                  now and then. The shiny strand provides just a touch of
                  shimmer and drape. 20 sts = 4"/10 cm on US 4/3.5 mm. Each
                  ball is 50 g/97 m/106 yd. I'm asking US $2.50 per ball plus
                  shipping.

                  3. 9 balls of Patons Classic Wool, 100% merino wool, 20 sts
                  = 10 cm/4" on US 7/4.5 mm needles. Each ball is 3.5 oz/100
                  g/223 yd/204 m. Color 207, lot 10. Color is red, but more of
                  a rusty, muted color; this isn't a fire red by any means.
                  More rust-colored than a barn red. I'm asking US $3 per ball
                  plus shipping.

                  4. 1 skein Garnstudio Silke Tweed. 52% silk, 48% lamb's
                  wool. Navy blue with muted sprinkles here and there of paler
                  blues, purples, cranberries. Color 11, lot 18. 50 g/200 m.
                  23 sts = 4"/10 cm on 3-3.5mm needles. I'm asking US $3 for
                  the ball plus shipping (should be very lightweight package).

                  Thanks for looking, and happy knitting.

                  Hazel

                  Hazel Blumberg (hazelblumberg@...), Tallahassee,
                  Florida, USA
                  "In my humble opinion, law schools teach students how to lie
                  to one person at a time, while journalism schools teach
                  students how to lie to everybody at once." (Norman Liebmann)
                • Fran Lindsey
                  Message 8 of 23 , Aug 26, 2001
                    More destashing.

                    4 Alice Starmore Scottish Heather in color 135, North Sea. Worsted
                    weight, 1.5 ounces, 90 yards. All same dye lot.

                    $4 each.
                    -----

                    1 Classic Elite Applause in a creamy white with pale green and
                    yellow. 33% mohair, 14% silk, 41% rayon, 6% wool and 6& nylon. 50
                    grams, 70 yards. 3.5 stitches on a 10.5 needle.

                    $5.
                    ------

                    6 plus skeins Filatura di Crosa Valentino 127. Deep pink and blue
                    spaced dyed. 42% alpaca, 58% wool, heavy worsted. 100 grams, 185
                    yards. The plus skein is almost a full skein that has been wound. I
                    paid $14 a skein for this. All same dye lot

                    $30 for all.
                    -------
                    3 to 6 skeins (depending how you count) Filatura di Crosa Valentino
                    127 in purple and dark grey. This is one skein in wrapper, 2 full
                    wound into balls, several partials and a piece of a sweater I
                    started. All same dye lot. 42% alpaca, 58% wool, heavy worsted. 100
                    grams, 185 yards.

                    $15 for all.
                    ------

                    1 Classic Elite Sharon in deep rose. 74% mohair, 13% wool, 13% nylon.
                    1.5 ounces, 90 yards. Boucle; very soft.

                    $4.

                    Buyer pays shipping. I'll take paypal, checks or money orders.

                    Thanks for looking.

                    Fran Lindsey
                    Reston, VA

                    --
                  • Hazel Blumberg
                    Message 9 of 23 , Sep 29, 2001
                      I have some more yarn for sale, from a smoke-free home. My
                      pets aren't allowed in the room in which the yarn closet is.
                      =^..^=

                      9 balls Gedifra Micro Chic, 100% polyamide, each ball
                      50g/65m, color # 3309, dye lot #16. Gauge: 12 sts = 10 cm/4"
                      on 7-8 mm needles. This yarn is pale blue, a bit darker
                      than an ice blue. It is incredibly soft and looks furry, but
                      it's extremely lightweight yet cozy. All except one ball are
                      in their original put-up; one ball's been frogged and
                      hand-wound. I can't remember what I paid for this yarn--it
                      was expensive, as far as I recall--but I'm asking US $4 per
                      ball for it, plus postage.

                      I'd been thinking that I'd knit a cardigan out of it, so I'd
                      purchased 4 matching buttons. They're sort of swirly ice
                      blue (mainly) with a swirl of bright yellow and one of a
                      pale green around the ice blue swirl. If you'd like to buy
                      the buttons along with the yarn, I'd charge US $3 for all 4
                      buttons.

                      If you're interested, please get in touch with me. Thanks
                      for taking a look, and happy knitting!

                      Hazel

                      Hazel Blumberg (hazelblumberg@...), Tallahassee,
                      Florida, USA
                      "Writing comes more easily if you have something to say."
                      (Sholem Asch)
                    • Hazel Blumberg
                      Message 10 of 23 , Dec 20, 2001
                        Just finished making an afghan with this yarn and have quite a bit of it
                        left over. Yarn comes from a nonsmoking household, and pets aren't allowed
                        into the room where the yarn containment zone (=closet) is:

                        6 1/2 skeins of Brunswick Yarns "Illusion," ea. skein 100 g/3.5 oz/260 yd,
                        55% acrylic/31% cotton/14% polyester, color 7004 "Earth," dye lot 5 0563,
                        gauge: 5 sts and 7 rows = 1" on US #5/3.75 mm needles. The six full skeins
                        are in their original put-up; the approximately 1/2 skein is in a
                        center-pull ball.

                        This is soft and wonderfully, subtly variegated yarn. It runs from all cream
                        to cream with a darker cream and then all the way up to cream with a dark
                        chocolate brown, with all sorts of successively darker browns in between.
                        There's always some cream color in the yarn, all along the way. The change
                        is very gradual. I knitted this along with Lion Brand Al-Pa-Ka in an
                        off-white (and with a tiny bit of gold, glittery yarn here and there) to
                        make a heavier afghan as a Christmas present (I used one of those condo
                        needles, which're a big size on one end and a smaller size on the other),
                        and it really looked terrific. This yarn would also make a lovely throw on
                        its own, and could be knitted on its own or with another yarn to make lovely
                        pullovers or vests. _Very_ good yardage.

                        I'm asking US $4 per skein, with the approximately 1/2 skein at US $1.50,
                        all plus postage. I'd like to sell the whole batch as one lot.

                        Some of my Patons "Fiesta" yarn is gone. Here's what's left from previous
                        postings:

                        YARN

                        1. 20 balls Coats Canada "Princess Multi." All in original put-up. 63%
                        wool/37% cotton. Suggested needle size US 7/4.5mm. Each ball 1.75 oz/50g.
                        Color KC101, dye lot 1. This is a really jolly ragg-type yarn. The wool is
                        red, and the cotton is white. It's nice and soft, too. I can't remember what
                        I paid for this, but I'm asking US $3 per ball plus shipping. Price reduced
                        to $2.50 per ball.

                        2. 1 big ball of Brunswick Fleece, 96% wool/4% nylon, 100 g/3.5 oz/100
                        yd, 2.5 sts and 4 rows = 1" on US 10.5/6.5 mm needles, color Bar Harbor
                        53206. Boucle' yarn, variegated from cranberries and dark rose pinks to teal
                        blues to greys. Soft and fuzzy and would coordinate with many other yarns.
                        Original price: US $9.95. Was asking US $5 plus postage; reduced to US $4
                        plus postage.

                        3. 2 balls Adriafil New Zealand Print Classic, 100 g/200 m, 75%
                        wool/25% acrylic, 3-4 mm needles. No gauge given. Variegated from dark
                        cranberries to medium cobalt blues to medium sea/pine greens to browns;
                        muted colors. Soft and easy to coordinate with many other yarns. Original
                        price: US $9.95 per ball. Was asking US $10 for both balls plus postage;
                        reduced to US $8 plus postage.

                        4. 9 balls Patons "Fiesta," color 2564, lot 3, 93% acrylic/7% nylon, 107
                        yd/98 m/1.75 oz/50 g, 15 sts = 4"/10 cm on US 10/6 mm needles, machine
                        washable and dryable on moderate temperature and gentle cycle. This is a
                        wonderfully soft, lightweight, lofty, black and white variegated boucle'
                        yarn. I was asking US $2.50 per ball, plus shipping, but I've reduced the
                        price to US $2 plus shipping.

                        5. 1 ball Patons "Fiesta," color 2561, lot 2, same information as #4 above,
                        except that this is a medium teal and medium royal blue variegated. Goes
                        well with all the above yarns. Reduced to US $2 plus shipping.

                        HARDCOVER BOOK

                        _Decorating Sweaters with Duplicate Stitch: 60 Gorgeous Designs_, by Nola
                        Theiss. Published in 1994 by Sterling/Lark Books. A lot of these would work
                        equally well with intarsia knitting. They really are gorgeous! There are
                        chapters on flowers; geometric patterns; words, letters, and pictures;
                        fruits and veggies; summer designs; winter designs; animal designs for kids.
                        Like-new condition.

                        The book was originally US $24.95/CDN $34.95. I paid US $13.95 for it at a
                        local bookstore. I was asking US $10, and I'll pay for postage. Reduced to
                        US $8, and I'll pay postage.

                        VINTAGE PATTERN BOOKS

                        I was offering these for US $3 each plus postage. Reduced to US $2 plus
                        postage. If you decide to buy all four, each would be US $1.50 plus postage.
                        All books contain some real classics that'd look great today.

                        1. American Thread Co., Star Book no. 156, orig. price $.29, Sweaters,
                        Cardigans, Slipovers, and Accessories for Him and Her. I'm not finding a
                        date on this, but it came out before zip codes existed. I'd guess it's from
                        the 1950s. Published in New York City. This is a small, Reader's Digest
                        sized paperback book, packed with pattern. In excellent condition. Includes
                        women's boatneck vest, men's side-to-side knit and buttoned v-neck vest,
                        women's cabled cardigan with or without embroidery, women's knitted jacket
                        created by Vera Maxwell, men's v-neck pullover, women's rainbow pullover and
                        kerchief, rainbow ski socks, women's popcorn and embroidery cardigan,
                        slippers, fishermen knit pullovers for men and women, ribbed hat,
                        short-sleeved pullover designed by Pauline Trigere, men's foldver collar
                        cardigan, women's textured cardigan, women's crochet jacket with braid trim,

                        2. Bear Brand and Fleisher Yarns New Mohair Hand Knits, Vol. 82, orig. price
                        $.60, published in US and Canada by Bernhard Ulmann Co., 1964. Women's
                        v-neck pullover, women's roll-collar and cabled pullover, women's 3/4-length
                        sleeves coat, women's 3/4-length sleeve cardigan with pockets, women's
                        cabled pullover, two women's sleeveless turtlenecks, women's hooded top with
                        bobbles, women's and men's v-neck cardigans, women's checked coat, women's
                        cardigan with big diamonds, women's jacket with pockets, women's stole,
                        women's and men's bulky ski sweaters, women's summer striped top, women's
                        striped vest. Excellent condition. The word "Starry" has been written in ink
                        on the cover, but that's all the writing in the booklet.

                        3. Bear Brand and Fleisher Yarns Cable Knits for Men and Women, vol. 78,
                        orig. price $1. publishing info as in #2, but 1963. A quick, but maybe
                        inaccurate count: Six men's pullovers, six women's pullovers, three women's
                        jackets and coats, three variations of multicable sweater (regular neck,
                        v-neck, cardigan), eight women's cardigans, men's v-neck vest with pockets.

                        4. Bear Brand and Fleisher Yarns New Hand-Knits for Men and Women in New
                        Loop-Aire and alpaca-Mist, vol. 83, orig. price $.75, revised edition, same
                        publishing info as #2, published in 1964. 3 women's cardigans, 3 men's
                        cardigans, 2 women's vests, women's twinsets, 3 women's jackets, 3 women's
                        pullovers, 3 men's pullovers, women's dress/jumper. The center two pages
                        have come loose from the staples. The word "Starry" is written on the cover.
                        Otherwise, excellent condition.

                        Thanks for looking, and happy knitting!

                        Hazel
                        Hazel Blumberg (hazelblumberg@...), Tallahassee, Florida, USA
                        New meanings for old words: Negligent (adj.), describes a condition in which
                        you absentmindedly answer the door in your nightie. (Anon.)
                      • suziknits
                        Message 11 of 23 , Oct 23, 2002
                          Hello,

                          I have the following yarns for sale. US only. Money orders and
                          personal checks only. Will hold for check to clear. Price includes
                          postage and insurance.

                          Aarlan Charmeuse
                          Made in Switzerland
                          70% acrylic
                          30% mohair
                          50grmas, 170 meters
                          20 st/4 inch, 29 rows
                          A medium to dark pink color
                          9 skeins (3 without label)
                          All for $25

                          Phildar Coton Phil 51
                          127 yards
                          25 st/4in #3 needle
                          10 skeins yellow
                          All for $30

                          Still Available - prices reduced:

                          Glacier
                          Tag says Glacier, made in Germany.
                          97% superwash virgin wool
                          3% viscose
                          Tag also says Brandenburger Kammgarn Sinnerei Bionko
                          78 meters per skein(100g)
                          10x10 cm, 18R/12M
                          11 skeins red/blue/brown multi. Very soft and pretty. It seems to
                          be a bulky, thick and thin type yarn.
                          $30.

                          Berroco Koala - bulky chenille yarn
                          90% rayon, 10% cotton
                          3.5 oz, 50 yards per skein
                          Gauge 5 st = 2" on #9 needle
                          19 skeins white (not a bright white)
                          2 skeins black
                          2 skeins brown
                          All for $80.

                          Schewe Highland yarn
                          75% Virgin wool 25% Nylon
                          Made in Italy
                          50gms, 110 meters
                          17m, 21 r in a 10x10 square
                          10 skeins black. Retail was $10.50 a skein, I paid $5.25 a skein.
                          Feels like an unspun felted wool. Interesting.
                          All 10 for $35.

                          Thanks for looking.

                          Suzanne
                        • Hazel Blumberg
                          Message 12 of 23 , Dec 8, 2002
                            All the Bernat Cuddlesoft Mohair and the SpinOff magazine have been spoken
                            for. Thanks so much for your interest!

                            I have some more yarn I need to part with: I've recently been diagnosed with
                            fibromyalgia, and my degree of exhaustion is astounding. I'm so slowed down
                            that I realize I'll never get to a whole bunch of my yarn! ;-) Yarn's from
                            a smoke-free home, and the pets are not allowed into the Yarn Containment
                            Zone room. Yarn in that room is kept in big, plastic containers.

                            WOOL-BLEND YARN

                            1. 18 balls of Bistro Neveda, 52% virgin wool/48% acrylic, ea. ball 50 g/1.7
                            oz/79 m/87 yd, 15 stitches to 10 cm/4 inches on US 6/4.5 mm/English 7
                            needles, color no. 8393, lot no. 8728, all yarn in original put-up. The
                            color is a soft, tweedy blend of Delft blue and silver grey, and the yarn
                            itself is extremely soft. It has a medium twist, neither tight nor loose.
                            The color would work equally well for women and men, and it'd make a lovely
                            afghan, too.

                            I can't remember what I paid for the yarn. I'm asking US $3 per ball, plus
                            shipping. And if you decide to take all 18 balls--I'd prefer to sell all of
                            the yarn to one person, if at all possible--I'm sure we can work out a deal.

                            MICROFIBER YARN

                            1. 7 balls Lion Brand Microspun, 100% microfiber acrylic, ea. ball 2.5 oz/70
                            g;168 yd/154 m, 6 stitches = 1 inch on US 4 needles, color lavender no.
                            143, dye lot 58438, 6 balls in original put-up and 1 ball has had a little
                            knitted and then frogged. This is a nice, medium lavender shade, neither
                            pale nor dark. It has a lovely sheen, excellent stitch definition, and is
                            very soft.

                            As usual, I can't remember what I'd paid for the yarn. I'm asking US $2.50
                            per ball, plus shipping, and I'd like to sell all 7 balls together.

                            2. 1 ball Lion Brand Microspun, color 100 lily white, dye lot 57045, in
                            original put-up, other information as in #1, above. This is a bright, pure
                            white. Asking US $2.50 for the ball, plus shipping.

                            3. 1 ball Lion Brand Microspun, color 186 mango, dye lot 6582, in original
                            put-up, other info as in #1, above. This is a medium orange color, somewhat
                            lighter than pumpkin. Asking US $2.50 for the ball, plus shipping.

                            4. 2 balls Lion Brand Microspun, color 103 coral, dye lot 57826, in original
                            put-up, other info as in #1, above. This is a brighter orange color, with
                            more reddish tones than the mango. Asking US $2.50 per ball, plus shipping.

                            I'd love to sell all 11 balls of the Microspun together. If you're
                            interested in taking all 11, I'm sure we can work out a deal.

                            Thanks for taking a look, and happy knitting!

                            All best,
                            Hazel
                            Hazel Blumberg-McKee (hazelblumberg@...), Tallahassee, Florida, USA
                          • Hazel Blumberg
                            Message 13 of 23 , Jan 9, 2003
                              Everything is from a smoke-free home. Animals aren't allowed into the yarn
                              containment zone, where the yarn lives in big plastic containers. If you're
                              not crazy about a price, please be sure to ask. I'm open to trades,
                              negotiations, and all that jazz. ;-)

                              MAGAZINE

                              The latest SpinOff: Winter 2002. I purchased the issue and later s*bscribed.
                              I didn't realize that the s*bscription would start with the Winter 2002
                              issue, so now I have two of them. It's a terrific issue! Newsstand price: US
                              $6.99/Canadian $10.75. I'm asking US $6, and I'll pay the postage.

                              KNITTING NEEDLES

                              1. one pair of Bryspun straight, single-point needles, 14 inches
                              long, in US 13/9 mm. These cost about US $5.50, but I'm asking US $4 for
                              them. I'll pay shipping.

                              2. one pair of Bryspun straight, single-point needles, 14 inches long, in US
                              15/10 mm. These cost about US $6, but I'm asking US $5 for them. I'll pay
                              shipping.

                              If you decide to buy both pair, we can discuss a deal. ;-)

                              BOOKS

                              I believe that Zig Zag Stitchery and Bargello Antics may have found a home.
                              However, these books are still definitely available:

                              1. The Needlepoint Alphabet Sampler Book: 26 Full-Color Designs with Easy to
                              Follow Instructions for Working and Using 32 Stitches, by Rita Weiss and
                              Carol Belanger Grafton, published in New York by Dover in 1977, oversized
                              paperback, 48 pages. Chapters include: Introduction, Materials, Working the
                              Sampler, Color Wheel and explanation, charts for all letters of the
                              alphabet, how-to section on many needlepoint stitches. All letters are shown
                              in full color. Asking US $5 plus postage.

                              2. Four Way Bargello, by Dorothy Kaestner, published in New York by
                              Scribner's in 1974, oversized paperback, 117 pages. Chapters include:
                              Foreword, Introduction, Working Bargello, Needle Points, The Patterns, A
                              Group of Ribbons, Various Ways of Using a Design, Needlepoinjt Pieces, Yarn
                              Sources, Bibliography, 34 color plates of designs. Asking US $7.50 plus
                              postage.

                              3. The Mon Tricot Knitting Dictionary. A classic. This is an unusual one, in
                              > that it contains not only knitting, but crochet, Tunisian crochet,
                              > fork/hairpin crochet, plaited cord, knitting noddy, twisted cord, and tassel
                              > instructions, as well. There are many crochet stitches given. Oversized
                              > paperback. The front and back cover, which is one piece of heavy paper/light
                              > cardboard, isn't attached to the book, but can easily be taped or glued on.
                              > Otherwise, the book is in superb condition. It's in English, was printed in
                              > France, and I think the publication date is 1970.

                              Was asking US $8 plus postage, but now asking US $7 plus postage.

                              WOOL-BLEND YARN

                              1. 18 balls of Bistro Neveda, 52% virgin wool/48% acrylic, ea. ball 50 g/1.7
                              oz/79 m/87 yd, 15 stitches to 10 cm/4 inches on US 6/4.5 mm/English 7
                              needles, color no. 8393, lot no. 8728, all yarn in original put-up. The
                              color is a soft, tweedy blend of Delft blue and silver grey, and the yarn
                              itself is extremely soft. It has a medium twist, neither tight nor loose.
                              The color would work equally well for women and men, and it'd make a lovely
                              afghan, too.

                              I can't remember what I paid for the yarn. I'm asking US $3 per ball, plus
                              shipping. And if you decide to take all 18 balls--I'd prefer to sell all of
                              the yarn to one person, if at all possible--I'm sure we can work out a deal.

                              MOHAIR BLEND YARN

                              1. 7 balls (6 in original put-up, 1 has been about 1/2 knitted and then
                              frogged) of Lion Brand "Imagine," 20% mohair/80% acrylic, ea. ball 2 oz/56.5
                              g/179.35 yd/165 m, gauge on US 9 needles is 4.5 sts to 1", color 340 "Blue
                              on Blue," lot 14133. Extremely soft yarn that wears beautifully. Color is
                              subtle variegations of dark turquoises through lighter turquoises to
                              charcoals to medium greens. I've worked the front of a sweater, which has a
                              nice Celtic-y knot in the bodice, and contains about 3 balls of yarn. This
                              yarn _can_ be frogged, and we could agree on a price for the sweater front,
                              if you'd like it, also.

                              Was asking US $3.50 per ball for the 7 balls of yarn, plus postage. Now
                              asking US $3 per ball, plus postage. Please ask
                              me about the sweater front, if you're interested in it.

                              > YARN: ALL-COTTON

                              > 1. 7 balls of Sugar and Cream Crafter's Cotton, 100% cotton, color Cool Breeze
                              Ombre, no. 201. Ea. ball 135 g/4.75 oz. Suggested knitting needle US 11/8
                              mm. Yardage not given, but each ball has generous yardage.

                              > Cool Breeze Ombre is a lovely variegation of periwinkles blues to medium
                              > greens to sunny yellows to white. The yarn is very soft and a joy to work
                              > with.
                              >
                              > I believe I paid about $4 for each ball. Was asking US $2.50 for each ball
                              plus
                              postage, but now asking US $2 per ball plus postage.

                              > 2. 2 complete balls (in plastic wrappers) and 2 partial balls (both almost
                              > complete) of South Maid size 10 crochet thread, 100% cotton, color 465,
                              > Pastels (variegated pinks, blues, yellows, greens, purples; a bit brighter
                              > than pastel, I'd say), 300 yd/274 m per ball. Very nice colors, which
                              > coordinate with a lot of things.

                              Was asking US $6 for all four, plus postage. Now asking US $5 for all four,
                              plus postage.

[...]

                              "I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is
                              infinitely superior." (Hippolyte Taine)
                            • Hazel Blumberg
                              Message 14 of 23 , May 25, 2005
                                All yarn comes from a nonsmoking household and is kept in my knitting room,
                                which my pets aren't allowed to enter. Yarn in that room is kept in covered
                                plastic containers.

                                NEW YARN FOR SALE

                                1. 10 balls of Patons Shetland Ragg, 75% acrylic/25% wool, ea. ball 161
                                yds/147 m/3.5 oz/100g, 15 sts = 4"/10 cm on US 10/6mm needles, color 701,
                                dye lot 34, medium grey and nearly white ragg, machine wash in warm water on
                                gentle cycle, dry flat, made in Canada. This is a soft but sturdy yarn,
                                which is great for sweaters, afghans, you name it.

                                I'm asking US $2 per ball, for a total of US $20 for all 10 balls, and I'll
                                pay postage within the US. I'd like to sell all 10 balls to the same person.

                                2. 6 balls of Patons Shetland Ragg, all specifications as in #1 above,
                                except that color is 702 and dye lot is 43. This is the traditional dark
                                beige and nearly white ragg.

                                I'm asking US $2 per ball, for a total of US $12 for all 6 balls, and I'll
                                pay postage within the US. I'd like to sell all 6 balls to the same person.

                                If anyone would be interested in purchasing all of #1 and #2, I'd be
                                willing to sell all of them for a total of US $30, and again, I'd pay
                                postage within the US.

                                Thanks for looking!

                                All best,
                                Hazel

                                Hazel Blumberg-McKee (hazelblumbergATnettallyDOTcom), Tallahassee, Florida,
                                USA
                                "Heresy is only another word for freedom of thought."--Graham Greene,
                                novelist and journalist (1904-1991)
                              • Hazel Blumberg
                                Message 15 of 23 , Jun 5, 2005
                                  The seemingly endless task of clearing out a bunch of yarn from my tiny
                                  Knitting Room continues.

                                  This is a nonsmoking household. We do have pets, but they are NOT allowed to
                                  enter the Knitting Room, the door to which is always closed. All yarn is
                                  kept in large tightly covered plastic bins.

                                  YARN

                                  1. I purchased all of these yarns to be used in one project:

                                  a. 2 balls Tahki Fargo, 40% wool/20% alpaca/30% acrylic/10% polyamide,
                                  ea skein 50g/60 yd/55m, 1.5 sts = 1"/2.5 cm on US 11/8mm, color 6040, dye
                                  lot 10.

                                  This yarn is beautiful, soft, and softly twisted, with a slight halo. It's
                                  variegated: subdued reds, purples, greens, navy blues.

                                  b. 3 balls Tahki Fargo, information as above, but color 6041, dye lot 9.

                                  Again, beautiful, soft, and softly twisted, with a slight halo. It's also
                                  variegated: subdued, with cobalt blue as the predominant color, also reds,
                                  oranges, creamy yellows.

                                  c. 3 balls Tahki Fargo, info as above, but color 6039, dye lot 6.

                                  As above. It's also variegated, subdued colors: creamy yellow-off-whites
                                  predominate, also cobalt blues, reds, purples, greens, off-whites.

                                  d. 5 balls Tahki Fargo, info as above, but color 6033, dye lot 157.

                                  As above, except that this is a solid color: deep, rich cobalt blue.

                                  I don't remember what I paid for this yarn, but I'm asking US $4 per ball.
                                  I'd like to sell ALL 13 balls to the same person. That'd be a total of US
                                  $52, and I'll pay postage within the US.

                                  2. I purchased these yarns together to be used in one large project or two
                                  smaller projects:

                                  a. 6 balls Plymouth Galway Colornep, wool blend knitting worsted, 93%
                                  wool/7% polyester neps, 100 g/210 yd per ball, 5 sts per in. on US 8, color
                                  544, dye lot 72955.

                                  The color is a subdued cranberry red, soft yet tightly twisted, with
                                  multicolored neps, tiny bits of color, here and there throughout: mustard
                                  yellows, medium Christmas greens, medium Delft blues predominately. This
                                  isn't a variegated yarn. The neps would probably show up a bit, giving a
                                  slightly tweedy look to the finished project.

                                  b. 1 ball Plymouth Galway, pure wool knitting worsted, 100% wool, same
                                  info as above, except color 17, dye lot 72917.

                                  This is a subdued medium Christmas green.

                                  c. 1 ball Plymouth Galway, pure wool knitting worsted, info as above,
                                  except color 116, dye lot 72788.

                                  This is a subdued medium turquoise blue.

                                  d. 3 balls Plymouth Galway Highland Heather pure wool worsted, 100%
                                  wool, same info as above, except color 742, dye lot 53646.

                                  This is similar in color to a., above, except that this is more of a brick
                                  color. It's a heather, so there are different reddish and cranberryish
                                  shades in it. Very subtle and would work up beautifully.

                                  e. 3 balls Plymouth Galway Colornep, wool blend knitting worsted, info
                                  as in a., above. Same info, except color 509, dye lot 73022.

                                  This color's easy to describe: solid black with colorful neps here and there
                                  throughout. The neps appear to be in the same colors as those in a.

                                  f. 2 balls Plymouth Galway pure wool knitting worsted, 100% wool, info
                                  as above, except color 66, dye lot 72840.

                                  This is a solid-colored very dark chocolate brown.

                                  Ideally, I'd like to sell all 16 balls of yarn to the same person. I'm
                                  asking US $2.50 per ball, for a total of US $40, and I'll pay postage within
                                  the US.

                                  Many thanks for looking and for helping me clear out at least some of my
                                  stash!

                                  Message 16 of 23 , Jun 26, 2005
                                    I've got a new computer, and I'm transferring data from my old iMac
                                    to my new eMac. It's taking a while, but at least I have a computer
                                    that functions again! Yaaaay!

                                    That said, of course it's time to continue clearing out stash items,
                                    items that're what's left over from a finished knitting project, and
                                    <blush> WIPs that seem to have become UFOs. All yarn is from a smoke-
                                    free house and is stored in the Official Knitting Room, which pets
                                    are NOT allowed to enter. Yarn in the OKR is stored in large plastic
                                    bins that close tightly.

                                    YARN

                                    1. 1 ball Schachenmayr Nomotta "Brazilia Fantasy Color," 100%
                                    polyester, 50 g/ 90 m, color 381, dye lot 1298, gauge: 18 sts = 10 cm/
                                    4 in on 4.5-5.5 mm needles.

                                    This is a very soft eyelash yarn, with the eyelashes sprouting out of
                                    a cabled base yarn. I find this one of the easiest eyelash yarns to
                                    knit with, because you can easily see the base yarn and figure out
                                    what's a stitch and what's an eyelash. The base yarn disappears
                                    completely into the background in the finished piece.

                                    This yarn is self-striping, too, which makes it even more fun to knit
                                    with. This color is variegated green tones, from a springtime medium
                                    grass green to a darker green to a sort of teal to an almost white.

                                    I'm asking US $3 for the ball, and I'll pay postage within the
                                    continental US. (Please note: I'm happy to ship yarn to Alaska,
                                    Hawaii, and all over the world, but I'll have to add postage to those
                                    orders.)

                                    2. 1 ball Schachenmayr Nomotta Brazilia Fantasy Color, color
                                    380, dye lot 0323, information as in #1 above.

                                    This is also self-striping, and it contains some of the colors of #1.
                                    Color 380 is variegated from springtime medium green to a darker
                                    green to a sort of teal to an almost white to light, medium, and then
                                    dark peach.

                                    US $3 for the ball, and I'll pay postage within the continental US.

                                    3. 3 balls Schachenmayr Nomotta Brazilia Fantasy Color, color
                                    384, dye lot 3184, information as in #1 above.

                                    Another self-striping eyelash yarn, but this time the colors are
                                    variegated from pale pink to medium pink to hot pink to almost-white
                                    to ice-blue to medium sky blue and to darker sky blue.

                                    I'd like to sell all 3 balls to the same person. At US $3 per ball,
                                    that's US $9, and I'll pay postage within the continental US.

                                    NOTE ON #1-#3: If anyone would like to buy all 5 balls of the
                                    self-striping eyelash, I'd be glad to give you a price break.

                                    4. 3 balls Gedifra "Spino," 100% polyester, ea. ball 25g/95m,
                                    color 3002, dye lot 516, no gauge given.

                                    This is a snow white eyelash yarn. The eyelashes are very long, and a
                                    clump of eyelashes occurs about every 2.5 inches. The base yarn is
                                    slender and cabled and extremely easy to knit with. The Spino can be
                                    used alone to make a very funky scarf, shawl, top, whatever, and it
                                    can also be used as a carry-along yarn with other yarns. It's
                                    extremely versatile.

                                    I'd like to sell all 3 balls to the same person. At US $3 per ball,
                                    that's US $9, and I'll pay postage within the continental US.

                                    5. 1 ball Valeria di Roma "Cisne," 100% nylon, 25 g/58m/1 oz/63
                                    yd, no gauge given, US 6-7/ 4-4.5 mm needles, color 10072, dye lot
                                    33 (I think; the number isn't easy to read).

                                    This is one of the softest eyelash yarns I've ever used. The color is
                                    a dark spruce green. The base yarn is tightly twisted and disappears
                                    easily into the knitted object.

                                    US $2.50, and I'll pay postage within the continental US.

                                    6. 1 ball Valeria di Roma Cisne, color 10138, dye lot 199,
                                    information as above.

                                    The color is a beautiful medium rust.

                                    US $2.50, and I'll pay postage within the continental US.

                                    7. 1 full ball and about 1/2-3/4 ball Patons "Cha Cha," 100%
                                    nylon, 77 yd (full ball)/70 m/1.75 oz/50 g, 11 sts = 10 cm/4 in on US
                                    11/8mm needles, color: Hippie, 02007, dye lot 92348.

                                    This is a lovely variegation of light to medium denim blues to light
                                    to medium chocolate browns, with a bit of almost-white.

                                    US $3.75 for both balls, and I'll pay postage within the continental US.

                                    8. 1 full ball and about 1/4-1/2 ball Lion Brand "Fun Fur," 100%
                                    polyester, 1.5 oz (full ball)/40 g/57 yd/52m, gauge: 16 sts = 4 in/10
                                    cm on US 10.5/6.5 mm needles, color: Confetti, 206, no dye lot given
                                    on ball band.

                                    This is the full rainbow of colors, but it's more of a subdued than a
                                    wild and crazy rainbow. Just about all colors get equal time, so this
                                    will go with anything and everything.

                                    US $3.25 for both balls, and I'll pay postage within the continental US.

                                    9. 1 ball Lion Brand "Fun Fur," chocolate brown, no ball
                                    band. Based on the ball band of #8, above, though, I'd guess that the
                                    information is the same. I don't have the color number or dye lot,
                                    though.

                                    US $2.25, and I'll pay postage within the continental US.

                                    PLEASE NOTE: If you buy both #8 and #9, I'll give you a price
                                    break.

                                    10. 1 ball Patons "Divine," 79.5% acrylic/18% mohair/2.5%
                                    polyester, 3.5 oz/100g142 yd/129 m, gauge: 12 sats = 10cm/4 in on US
                                    8/6 mm needles, color Richest Rose, 06430, dye lot 600904.

                                    This yarn is incredibly soft, lofty, and light, and it makes a warm
                                    and snuggly pullover. The color is a sort of wine-red/cranberry, and
                                    it has a nice halo, without being overwhelmingly fuzzy.

                                    US $3, and I'll pay postage within continental US.

                                    11. 1 ball Lion Brand Micro Spun, 100% microfiber acrylic, 2.5
                                    oz/70 g/168 yd/154 m, gauge: 24 sts = 4 in/10 cm on US 4/3.5mm
                                    needles, color lilac 144, dye lot 59901A.

                                    I love this yarn! It's made of six skinny strands twisted together.
                                    Gives great stitch definition, is very soft, is incredibly sturdy,
                                    and is a delight to knit with. I made a friend a pair of thick socks
                                    out of two balls, each a different color, knitted together. This was
                                    years ago, and she's still happily wearing them and raving about how
                                    well they've held up.

                                    US $2.50, and I'll pay postage within continental US.

                                    12. 1 ball Lion Brand Micro Spun, color coral 103, dye lot
                                    59886, other information as above.

                                    US $2.50, and I'll pay postage within continental US.

                                    PLEASE NOTE: If you buy both #11 and #12, I'll give you a price
                                    break.

                                    13. 1 ball Gedifra Oasis, 70% cotton/30% polyamide, 110 m/50g,
                                    20 sts = 10 cm/4 in on 3/5-4 mm needles, color 1221, dye lot 228504.

                                    This is a lovely yarn, somewhat variegated from a pale to medium rust
                                    color, around a white core. There're little bumps of white here and
                                    there throughout. A delight to knit with, because it's very soft and
                                    has a smooth texture, despite the somewhat bumpy appearance. It goes
                                    well with #6 and/or #9, above. Would also look great with #4, above.

                                    US $3, and I'll pay postage within continental US.

                                    14. 1 ball Katia Velour, 85% acrylic/15% polyamide, 50 g/1.75 oz/
                                    107 m/117 yd, gauge: 17 sts = 10 cm/4 in on US 6-7/4-4.5mm needles,
                                    color 2001, dye lot 53502.

                                    This is sort of a chenille and sort of an ultra-short eyelash yarn.
                                    I've had NO worming problems with this yarn. Texture is very velvety.
                                    The core yarn is tightly twisted. This ball is a variegated denimy
                                    mix: dark, medium, and light blues to an almost white. Sort of has
                                    the appearance of worn blue jeans.

                                    US $3, and I'll pay postage within continental US.

                                    15. 1 ball Katia Velour, color 7, dye lot 51821, other info as
                                    in #14, above.

                                    This is a solid dark navy blue and goes with #14, above.

                                    US $3, and I'll pay postage within continental US.

                                    16. 1 ball Katia Velour, ball band missing, alas, info as in
                                    #14, above.

                                    This is a lovely variegated yarn, running from cream to medium rust
                                    to chocolate brown to dark brown to almost a coral.

                                    US $3, and I'll pay postage within continental US.

                                    17. 1 ball Katia Velour, ball band missing, info as in #14, above.

                                    Another variegation, this time from a medium to dark coral to a khaki
                                    green with so me brown. You could probably use #16 and #17 together.

                                    US $3, and I'll pay postage within continental US.

                                    WIP/UFO AND YARN

                                    1. I started knitting a sweater out of Patons Melody Quick and Cozy.
                                    The front is done. The back is done. One sleeve is done. I'm partway
                                    down the second sleeve (I picked up stitches at the shoulder and
                                    knitted down), and then I just stopped. And the project's been
                                    sitting there. For months. I've been using US 11 needles, but I knit
                                    very loosely.

                                    The sweater has a lacy, undulating bottom; I took it from Nicky
                                    Epstein's Knitting on the Edge. It might be a variation of the bear
                                    paw stitch. The rest of the top is in stockinette stitch, in stripes
                                    and with some intarsia. The front has a v-neck. The sleeves are long
                                    and full. It would, of course, be easy to unpick the yarn and reuse it.

                                    The sweater is very bright and jolly, using variegateds and solid
                                    colors. I have some of the ball bands, and here's the information on
                                    the yarn:

                                    100% acrylic, ea. ball 85 yd/78 m/3.5 oz/100g, 9 sts = 10 cm/4 in on
                                    US 15/10 mm needles.

                                    Colors for which I have ball bands are Racy Red (solid; true red),
                                    Hot Pink, Mango (medium to dark bright orange), Peacock (medium to
                                    dark turquoise), High Energy (variegated reds, oranges, light to
                                    medium to hot pink, yellows, all colors that're in the sweater). In
                                    addition, other colors for which I don't have ball bands are another
                                    variegated (oranges, hot pinks, turquoises, yellows, purples), a
                                    bright yellow, a bright acid green, and magenta. All colors are in
                                    the sweater. I also have almost two full balls of the magenta, an
                                    almost full ball of the red, about half a ball of the yellow, an
                                    almost full ball of the hot pink, about 3/4 ball of the mango, almost
                                    full ball of the peacock, almost full ball of the acid green, and
                                    about half a ball of each of the variegateds.

                                    I'm not sure how many balls of yarn I'd bought to begin with--don't
                                    have the sales slip any longer--but I'm pretty sure I paid about US
                                    $5 per ball of yarn. There're nine colors in all, so that'd be a bare
                                    minimum of US $45, and obviously I bought more than one ball of some
                                    colors.

                                    I'd be happy to sell the nearly complete sweater and all the yarn
                                    that's still in balls for US $50, plus US $5 shipping.

                                    My Unfinished Object would make someone very happy! And it would like
                                    to go to a home where it'd be used, tinked, and loved.

                                    Thanks for looking!

                                    All best,
                                    Hazel
                                    Hazel Blumberg-McKee (hazelblumbergATnettallyDOTcom), Tallahassee,
                                    Florida, USA
                                  • Ling Yau
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Jun 26, 2005
                                      I have following knitting books and cross stitch/needlepoint magazines for
                                      sale. Please email to lingy925@... or lingy925@... if you are
                                      interested. I accept cash funded paypal, personal check, money order or
                                      cashier�s check. I will ship the books through USPS (first class, priority
                                      or book rate). I will ship once the money clears. Buyer pays for shipping.

                                      Thank you for your interest,
                                      Ling Yau, Northern California

                                      This Morning Woolcraft edited by Liz Bloor, new, $20
                                      I bought this book for Alice Starmore�s Fail Isle Marina but decided it was
                                      too hard for me.

                                      Celtic Knits - Over 25 designs for babies, children and adults by Debbie
                                      Bliss , hard cover, like new, $15

                                      West Cape Howe Collection - 25 Hand Knitting Patterns by Jo Sharp, like new,
                                      $10

                                      Knitting Bohemia by Jo Sharp, like new, $10

                                      Two Sticks and a String � Knitting Designs Inspired by Nature by Kerry
                                      Ferguson, new, $9

                                      Colorful Knits For You and Your Child � Over 25 Original Knitwear Designs,
                                      Over 25 original knitwear designs by Zoe Mellor, hard cover, like new, $12

                                      More Sweaters - A Riot of Color, Pattern, and Form by Lise Kolstad & Tone
                                      Takle, like new, wrapped in see through plastic cover, $12

                                      Vogue Knitting Kids Knits on the go! Hard cover, like new, $7

                                      Vogue Knitting Very Easy Knits - The Best of Very Easy Very Vogue, Hard
                                      cover, like new, wrapped in see through plastic cover, $12

                                      I am selling the following cross stitch and needlepoint magazines because I
                                      bought more than one copy by accident. They are all in new or like new
                                      condition.

                                      Needlepoint Now May/June 2001, it�s out of print, $6.00
                                      Needlepoint Now May/June, 2000, it�s out of print, $6.00

                                      Just Cross Stitch, October 2001, $3.00

                                      Stitcher�s world, May 2000, $3.00
                                      Stitcher�s world, November 2001, $3.00
                                    • Hazel Blumberg-McKee
                                      Message 18 of 23 , Jun 27, 2005
                                        I'm continuing the cleaning out of stash et al. Everything comes from
                                        a smoke-free home. Pets are not allowed to come into the Knitting
                                        Room, where all yarn is stored in tightly closed plastic containers.

                                        1. 2 balls Patons Fresco, 100% acrylic, ea. ball 81 yd/74 m/1.75
                                        oz/50 g, gauge: 18 sts = 4 in/10 cm on US 9/5.50 mm needles, color
                                        "Very Berry, no. 01729, dye lot 85531.

                                        The yarn is a ribbon that feels like cotton. I'd never enjoyed
                                        knitting with ribbon yarns before, but this yarn converted me. It's a
                                        delight to knit with, and I made a sleeveless summer top with it. The
                                        color is variegated: deep to medium to lighter purples, various hot
                                        pinks, light to medium to darker turquoises.

                                        I'd like to sell both balls of yarn to the same person. Asking US
                                        $2.50 per ball, US $5 for both, and I'll pay postage within the
                                        continental US.

                                        2. From a swap that's fallen through: 6 balls Lion Cotton
                                        (formerly Kitchen Cotton), 100% cotton worsted weight, ea. ball 5 0z/
                                        142 g/236 yd/215 m, gauge: 16 sts = 4 in/10 cm on US 7/4.5 mm
                                        needles, color Lime, no. 174, dye lot 7041.

                                        Lion Brand changed the name of this yarn when the company realized
                                        people were knitting accessories and clothing out of it and not just
                                        dishcloths and such. It's a nice, smooth, strong cotton that wears
                                        well. This color is a bright lime green. It'd look great with hot
                                        pink or light pink for a jolt of color, and it can easily be tamed by
                                        pairing it with navy blue or black or white.

                                        I'd like to sell all 6 balls to the same person. Asking US $2 per
                                        ball, US $12 for all, and I'll pay postage within the continental US.

                                        Thanks for taking a look!

                                        Message 19 of 23 , Jun 29, 2005
                                          The semi-eternal clearing out of Yarn Stash that Has Not Told Me What
                                          It Wants to Be/Yarn Stash Left Over from Other Projects continues.
                                          All yarn is from a smoke-free home. Yarn is kept in covered plastic
                                          containers in the Official Knitting Room, which pets are not allowed
                                          to enter.

                                          1. 1 full ball and 3 partial balls (these 3 together would equal
                                          more than 1 full ball) of Naturally Karen M Guernsey double-knit
                                          yarn, 100% pure New Zealand wool, full ball is 100 g/192m, gauge: 22
                                          sts per 10 cm/4 in on 3.24-4mm needles, color 120, dye lot 4445.

                                          This is a gorgeous, soft, yet tightly twisted yarn. It's a tweed of
                                          dark chocolate brown with dark red. When knitted up, the yarn looks
                                          like dark chocolate brown with red flecks. If you look at the knitted-
                                          up yarn from a distance, the red disappears, and the dark chocolate
                                          brown seems to become more of a medium chocolate brown. Stitches
                                          show up beautifully in this yarn.

                                          I originally paid US $6.50 per ball for this. I'd like to sell the
                                          full ball and the partial ones to the same person. Asking US $10 for
                                          all, and I'll pay shipping within the continental US.

                                          2. 5 1/2 balls of Berella Banff, 100% merino wool, machine washable,
                                          ea. full ball 100g/3.5 oz/86 yd/78 m, gauge: 13 sts = 10 cm/4 in on
                                          US 10.5/6.5mm/Canadian 3 needles, color Dark Green, col. no. 9877,
                                          dye lot 6814.

                                          Soft, lofty, light, bulky weight yarn with a medium twist. Knits up
                                          beautifully. The color is a dark sprucey green with no yellow tones.
                                          I don't even think there're noticeable blue tones; it seems to be a
                                          pure dark green.

                                          I'd like to sell this to one person, and I'm asking US $11 for all 5
                                          1/2 balls. I'll pay postage within the continental US.

                                          As always, thanks so much for taking a look and for helping me make
                                          some space in my extremely overcrowded Knitting Room!

                                          Best wishes,
                                          Hazel
                                          Hazel Blumberg-McKee (hazelblumbergATnettallyDOTcom), Tallahassee,
                                          Florida, USA
                                          "WYMI--the all-philosophy radio station." (Mike Dugan)
                                        • Karla Hemesath
                                          Message 20 of 23 , Aug 16, 2005
                                            Good evening, I have yarn for sale. All from
                                            smoke-free, pet-free home. Will take paypal, check
                                            (will hold merchandise until clears), or money order.

                                            Thanks for looking.

                                            1. 10 skeins of Berroco Cotton Twist varigated. Soft
                                            blues, greens, peach. Color # 8451. 85 yds/skein.
                                            Knits 4.75 sts/inch on 7's (suggested gauge). $40.00
                                            for all and I'll pay parcel postage (US only, other
                                            destinations negotiable).

                                            2. 15 balls of Katia Surf (100% microfiber). 23 sts/4
                                            inches using 4's (suggested gauge). 131 yds/ball.
                                            Soft shell pink, color # 37. Purchased from Elann.
                                            $32.00 for all and I'll pay parcel postage.

                                            3. 10 balls of Austermann Microlana Fine. 50% wool,
                                            50% acrylic blend. Knits 4.5 sts/inch on 7's
                                            (recommended gauge). 127 yds/ball. Soft dusty pink,
                                            color 104. Beautiful stuff, but not the right color
                                            for what I need. $45.00 and I'll pay parcel postage
                                            (US only, other destinations are negotiable, insurance
                                            extra).

                                            Thanks so much! Good night

                                            Karla Hemesath
                                            Pewaukee, WI
                                          • Lefty the Rebel Knitter
                                            Message 21 of 23 , Apr 6, 2009
                                              100 grams of black Berroco Mohair Boucle. One complete ball and some partial balls. This is new yarn, not frogged or reclaimed. 85% mohair, 9% wool, 6% nylon. $6.00 plus postage.

                                              Three balls of Reynolds Superwash Merino Baby Wool. 50 grams / 191 yards. Pink like bubble gum. $2.00 each or $5.00 for all three, plus postage.

                                              Two balls of Scheepjeswol Superwash Zermatt. 90 meters / 50 grams. Purple. $3.50 each plus postage.

                                              One ball Aunt Lydia's "Baby Denim." 75% cotton, 25% Acrylic, white, 400 yards. $2.00, plus postage.

                                              One 50-gram skein (plus a small remainder from another skien) of Classic Elite's Newport 100% cotton, color #2321. It is a nice light green that I might have named sage or seafoam. $3.00 plus postage.

                                              Eight balls of Lion Brand Jiffy Yarn. Ballband says "A Quick and Easy Mohair Look Yarn. Machine Washable and Dryable. 2.5 oz, 70.88 grams, 115 yards. 100% Monsanto Acrylic." Color #356, "Clear Water" This is white yarn with blue (turquoise?) flecks and pink flecks, it would make a nice baby blanket. $2.50 per ball or $18 for all eight, plus postage.

                                              Four 50-gram skein (plus a small remainder from another skien) of Classic Elite's Newport 100% cotton, color #2333 (or could be 2353, it is smudged), pink leaning toward fuschia. $3.00 plus postage.

                                              Three skeins of Tahki Cotton Classics, 100% mercerized cotton. 1.75 oz. / 50 grams / 108 yards / 100 meters. Dark navy blue. $3.00 each plus postage.

                                              Will ship to U.S. addresses only and can only take check (sorry, must wait to clear) or money order.

                                              Thanks for looking.

                                              Karen Frazer
                                              91346
                                            • leftytherebelknitter
                                              Message 22 of 23 , Aug 26, 2009
                                                One 40-gram ball Ironstone English MOHAIR. 78% mohair, 13% Wool, 9% Nylon, black. $4.00 plus shipping (I can take Paypal but you can subtract 50 cents if you pay by check or money order).

                                                Two balls black Ironstone. Tags are missing but this is very much like the above yarn, probably the same content. These are bright red, 42 grams and 50 grams. $8.00 plus shipping (I can take Paypal but you can subtract $1.00 if you pay by check or money order).

                                                Four balls Les Fils Marnel Yarns -- Mohair Puff. The tag says 50 grams, 80% Acrylic, 20% Mohair. The balls are not complete, they are 48 grams, 36 grams, 42 grams, and two little ones totaling 14 grams. $12.99 plus shipping (I can take Paypal but you can subtract $1.00 cents if you pay by check or money order).

                                                One 50-gram skein (plus a small remainder from another skien) of Classic Elite's Newport 100% COTTON, color #2321. This is a light green. $4.00 plus shipping (I can take Paypal but you can subtract 50 cents if you pay by check or money order).

                                                Four 50-gram skein (plus a small remainder from another skien) of Classic Elite's Newport 100% COTTON, color #2333 (or could be 2353, it is smudged), pink (reminds me of bubble gum). $14.00 plus shipping (I can take Paypal but you can subtract $1.00 if you pay by check or money order).

                                                Four 8-oz. skeins of Super Yarn Mart worsted weight ACRYLIC yarn, Color #410, Honey Peach. Those of us who remember and still miss Super Yarn Mart after all these years might consider this to be a collector's item. They are still sealed in their original plastic bag. $15.00 plus shipping (I can take Paypal but you can subtract $1.00 if you pay by check or money order).

                                                Two 4-oz. skeins of Super Yarn Mart worsted weight ACRYLIC yarn, Color 210 Cream 84. $5.00 plus shipping (I can take Paypal but you can subtract 50 cents if you pay by check or money order).

                                                Will ship to U.S. addresses only. Payment: check (shipping happens after check clears), money order, or PayPal.

                                                Thanks for looking.

                                                Karen Frazer
                                                91346
                                              • Mary Hughes
                                                Message 23 of 23 , Sep 1, 2009
                                                  MORE PATONS BALLYBRAE:

                                                  19 - 100 gram skeins (190 yards/193 meters per 100 grams)
                                                  Color 228 - MacBeth Tweed
                                                  This is a cream color with small flecks of blue/aqua/tan/pink
                                                  100% pure wool knitting worsted, made in Canada
                                                  $7 per skein/ 10% discount on ten or more skeins.

                                                  BABY CAMEL HAIR
                                                  10 - 20 gram (0.7oz) balls, 117 yards per ball
                                                  50% Baby Camel Hair, 40% Virgin Wool, 10% Polyacrylic, made in Italy
                                                  Color 5 - Soft Grey
                                                  This would make a glorious shawl.
                                                  $5.50 per ball or $50 for all ten balls.

                                                  LANG LA-SE-TA
                                                  8 - 50 gram skeins, 144 meters per skein
                                                  100% silk
                                                  Colorway 7694 - Ecru
                                                  $6 per skein or $40 for all 8 skeins

                                                  CLASSIC ELITE Fame
                                                  8 - 50 gram skeins, 115 yards per skein.
                                                  75% rayon, 25% raw silk
                                                  This is colorway 1422, and the yarn is was discontinued a few years ago.
                                                  There are websites that show the yarn, but I haven't found this particular
                                                  colorway. It is variegated and the main colors are lime/avocado,
                                                  red/orange/rust, shades of tea, and blue.
                                                  $4 per skein or $25 for all 8 skeins

                                                  All yarns have been stored, in clean, dry, non-smoking, pet-free, peaceful
                                                  home.

                                                  Buyer pays actual shipping from zipcode 90209
                                                  Ship to US only

                                                  Paypal (not from credit cards) preferred; checks or money orders OK too.
                                                  NOTE/WARNING: I Just learned from Paypal that they changed their fee
                                                  schedule so that even if money comes from paypal balance or from bank
                                                  account (not from credit cards) they deduct a percentage plus transaction
                                                  fee from seller's account, UNLESS when you "send money" you click on the
                                                  "personal" tab rather than the "purchase" tab. This hurts sellers hardest
                                                  when they are selling small items such as magazines or single skeins.

                                                  Mary Hughes