Yarn price reductions

  • Hazel Blumberg
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2001
      I'd posted the following yarns for sale. They're from a
      smoke-free home, and
      my pets aren't allowed into the room in which the yarn
      closet is located. =^..^= I've decided to lower the prices
      on them. Please let me know if you're interested--and happy
      knitting!

      1. 12 balls of Scheepjes Cotton Colori, ea. ball 100%
      cotton,
      color 497, dye lot 58145, 75 m/50 g, 24 sts= 10 cm/4" on 5
      mm needles. The yarn is subtly variegated from medium
      silver greys through lighter greys through off-whites to
      whites. The yarn goes from very thick (looks like unspun
      bits) to very thin and tightly twisted with a binder around
      the yarn that matches each variegated color. I've used
      Cotton Colori in different colors in lots of things, and
      even though it's 100% cotton, it holds up and holds its
      shape superbly through lots and lots of washings. It's great
      fun to work with, and it's very soft. I can't remember what
      I paid for it, I was asking US $2 per ball plus postage, but
      I'm lowering the price to US $1.50 per ball plus postage.

      2. 9 balls Gedifra Micro Chic, 100% polyamide, each ball
      50g/65m, color # 3309, dye lot #16. Gauge: 12 sts = 10 cm/4"
      on 7-8 mm needles. This yarn is pale blue, a bit darker
      than an ice blue. It is incredibly soft and looks furry, but
      it's extremely lightweight yet cozy. All except one ball are
      in their original put-up; one ball's been frogged and
      hand-wound. I can't remember what I paid for this yarn--it
      was expensive, as far as I recall--I was asking US $4 per
      ball plus postage, but I'm now lowering the price to asking
      US $3.50 per ball for it, plus postage.

      3. I'd been thinking that I'd knit a cardigan out of the
      Gedifra, so I'd
      purchased 4 matching buttons. They're sort of swirly ice
      blue (mainly) with a swirl of bright yellow and one of a
      pale green around the ice blue swirl. If you'd like to buy
      the buttons along with the yarn, I was asking US $3 for all
      4
      buttons but I'm now lowering the price to US $2 for all 4
      buttons. If you decide to buy them separately from the
      Gedifra yarn, there'd be a small postage charge.

      4. If you're interested in purchasing numbers 1 through 3,
      I'd be happy to come up with a lower price for everything.
      Please let me know.

      I accept checks or money orders. Normally, I've sent out
      yarn, needles, books, whatever as soon as a fiber person and
      I have come to an agreement. However, because of some
      difficulties with a swap, I will need to receive your check
      or money order first before I can send out a package. Thanks
      for understanding.

      All best,
      Hazel

      Hazel Blumberg (hazelblumberg@...), Tallahassee,
      Florida, USA
      "Writing comes more easily if you have something to say."
      (Sholem Asch)