Brooklyn Tweed Yarns/Patterns, Children's Knitting Books/Projects, Sock Kits, Spinning Books

  • Janet Arthur
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 22 11:37 AM
      I've updated the list, added new items yet again and removed those confirmed sold.

      Items are new unless otherwise noted and have been carefully stored in a non-smoking home in Ontario, Canada. The prices do not include actual postage costs. When responding for items, please include your full mailing address so that I can get a postage cost for you. If you have any questions, please write to me at jarthur@... or iknitnspin@.... I will accept cheques or money orders. I cannot accept PayPal at this time. Thank you again for helping me with the difficult process of disbursing my stash. Jan

      NEW ADDITIONS - Brown Sheep Serendipity (Wool/Cotton)

      **********

      6) Freddie's Blanket and Phoebe's Birthday - Children's books with knitting themes, illustrations and full colour patterns - all required patterns for these yarns below are in the books

      INCLUDES - both autographed hc books and the projects below - Retail $210, REDUCED to $95 for both autographed books and all the yarn

      "Freddie's Blanket" Bundle - includes required yarn to knit 4 of the projects from this children's book
      Includes:

      a) Autographed copy of "Freddie's Blanket" hc book by Joanna Johnson, illustrated by Eric Johnson (with official bookmark)
      http://www.slatefallspressbooks.com/p/our-books.html

      b) Project - Freddie Platypus:
      Wool: Brown Sheep Serendipity Tweed (retails at $10.10 per ball)
      Content: 60% Cotton/40% Wool
      Yardage: 100 gm/210 yards
      Colours: One skein each of Oregon Leaves, Nebraska Wheat and Colorado Columbine

      c) Project - May Platypus:
      Wool: Brown Sheep Serendipity Tweed - see above for yardage and fiber content
      Colours: One skein each of Oregon Leaves, Nebraska Wheat and African Violet

      d) Project - Freddie's Blanket (large size):
      Wool: Brown Sheep Serendipity Tweed - see above for yardage and fiber content
      Colours: Oregon Leaves x 3
      Yellow Buttercup x 3
      Teal Orchid x 2

      e) Project - Freddie's Coveralls (sufficient yarn for 6 mos, 12 mos and 24 mos)
      Wool: Brown Sheep Serendipity Tweed - see above for yardage and fiber content
      Colour: Two skeins of Colorado Columbine

      AND

      "Phoebe's Birthday" Bundle

      Includes:

      a) Autographed copy of Phoebe's Birthday hc book by Joanna Johnson, illustrated by Eric Johnson
      http://www.slatefallspressbooks.com/p/our-books.html

      b) Kit for "Phoebe Mermouse" doll

      **********

      YARN

      1. "Calvin & Ripple Socks" - Pattern and Yarn - $25
      http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/calvin--ripple-socks
      Yarn: Socks That Rock
      Colour: Gibson (the colourway the designer used in her pattern)
      Content: 100% Superwash Merino
      Yardage: 127 gm/360 yards

      2. Cascade 220 worsted wool x 11 skeins - Retail $95, REDUCED to $55
      a) Pattern by Sally Melville -"Honey's Christmas Stocking" - http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/honeys-christmas-stocking
      b) Sufficient yarn to complete at least two of these stockings - I've cast on to sample but this has created visual strain and I am unable to work this design so am selling my collection of yarns
      Yarn: Cascade 220 (NOT SUPERWASH as this design is to be knit and then felted)
      Yardage: 100 gm = 220 yards
      Colours:
      2403 Eggplant
      7803 Fuchsia x 2
      8010 White
      7830 Orange
      9404 Red x 2
      9430 Dark Green x 2
      8914 Light Green x 2
      Total # of skeins (five are already hand wound into centre-pull balls and ready to knit) - 11

      3. Orkney Angora St.Magnus DK - imported from Scotland
      Content: 50% Angora/50% Lambswool
      Weight: 50 gm/218 yards
      a) Dark Olive x 1 ball - $12
      b) Dark Olive x 1 ball - $12
      My intention was a Rose Red Tam with this yarn (Ysolda Teague)
      http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/rose-red
      NOTE: if purchasing both balls, price will be $22 and will include the pattern

      4. Patons Classic Wool - Bundle A - Retail $42.45, REDUCED to $18
      Includes:
      Sage x 2
      Jade Heather x 1
      Plum Heather x 1
      Old Rose x 1

      5. Patons Classic Wool - Bundle B - Retail $42.45, REDUCED to $18
      Includes:
      Dark Grey Mix x 2
      Grey Mix x 1
      Plum Heather x 1
      New Denim x 1

      7. ZwergerGarn - Opal Sock & Sweater Yarn - Handpainted - Retail $112, REDUCED to $55
      NOTE: this is a link to my project page to show colourway of an already finished project - http://www.ravelry.com/projects/artcom/kaleidoscope-lace-cardigan
      Yardage: 100 gm/425 m
      Colourway: Rose Hip
      Content: 75% Virgin Wool/25% Polyamide
      # of Skeins: 5 skeins (this handpaint was sold in skeins)
      NOTE: Lovely in the lace cardigan but plan was a Stonington

      **********

      NOTE: take 11, 12, 13 and 14 and cost will be $70

      11. Brooklyn Tweed "Loft" Fingering - Pattern & Yarn - mega mitten grouping - Retail $64, asking $36
      Project: "Gloaming" Multi-Color Mittens by Leila Raabe (colourway as noted by designer)
      http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/gloaming-mittens
      Yarn: Brooklyn Tweed "Loft" Fingering
      Yardage: 275 yards/50 gm Fingering
      Content: 100% American Targhee-Columbia Wool
      Color 1 Pumpernickel (60 yd)
      Color 2 Woodsmoke (55 yd)
      Color 3 Truffle Hunt (50 yd)
      Color 4 Stormcloud (50 yd)
      NOTE: Given the required yardage for the project and the yardage per skein, there should be approx. 4 pairs of mittens created from this grouping

      12. Brooklyn Tweed "Loft" Fingering - Pattern & Yarn - Retail $35, asking $18
      Project: "Carlisle" Colourwork Mittens" by Jared Flood (colourway as noted by designer)
      http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/carlisle-2
      *see yarn details above for yardage and content
      Color 1 Hayloft (85 yards)
      Color 2 Truffle Hunt (125 yards)
      NOTE: Given the required yardage for the project and the yardage per skein, there should be the ability to knit 2 pairs of mittens from this grouping

      13. Brooklyn Tweed "Loft" Fingering - Pattern & Yarn - Retail $20, asking $9
      Project: "PEI" Loop Scarf with Lace Detailing by Michele Wang
      http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/pei
      *see yarn details above for yardage and content
      Colorway: Cast Iron

      14. Brooklyn Tweed "Shelter" Worsted - Pattern & Yarn - Retail $30, asking $16
      Project: "Flint" Cabled Mittens by Jared Flood
      http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/flint-4
      Yarn: Shelter - worsted weight, 100% American Targhee/Columbia wool
      Colour: Nest x 2
      Yardage: 140 yards

      **********

      16. Hedgehog Fibers - Sock Yarn (imported from Ireland) - $18
      Content: 85 Superwash Merino/15 Nylon
      Colourway: Rusty Nail
      Yardage: 100 gm/350 m

      17. Schoppel Zauberball - purchased to knit an Ishbel (design by Ysolda Teague) - $14 pending
      NOTE: this is a WIP - 3" knit - just a tiny bit as it is cast on with a few stitches
      Yardage: 420 m
      Colour: 1872 (Brombeeren)

      18. Pagewood Farm "Denali" Hand-dyed Sock Yarn - $15
      Colourway: Mississippi Mud
      Content: Merino/Nylon 80/20
      Weight: 4 oz/450 yards

      19. Blue Moon Fiber Arts - Sock Kit for "Rock and Weave" socks by A.Karen Alfke - $25
      http://www.bluemoonfiberarts.com/newmoon/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7_13&products_id=28
      Yarn: Socks That Rock Medium Weight
      Colourway: Fairgrounds (as used by the designer in her photo)
      Content: 100% superwash merino
      Weight: 179 gm/405 yards

      20. Required imported yarns for Stephen West's "Barndom" design (required colours for the 2 color version) - $48
      http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/barndom
      Pattern is found in "Made for Movement" Book 4 - this listing is for YARN ONLY
      Yarn A: Juno Fibre Arts "Belle" (70% UK Alpaca/30%)
      437 yards/100 gm
      Colourway: "Latte"
      Yarn B: Skein Top Draw Socks (85% Superwash Merino, 15% Nylon)
      420 yards/100 gm
      Colourway: "Hazel"

      ********************

      KNITTING NEEDLES & Miscl.

      22. KA Bamboo 4.25 mm Needle Grouping - in pkg, never used - Retail $45, REDUCED to $19
      Includes (collected every option found for the 4.25 mm gauge so hard to find:
      a) 8" set of double pointed needles
      b) 16" circular
      c) 24" circular
      d) 29" circular
      e) 36" circular

      25. Madbird Pattern Wallet - full sized - Retail $24, asking $15
      http://www.madbird.net/category/full-size-pattern-wallets - this is a link to the site which explains the wallet, not the actual fabric pattern
      Fabric Pattern - "grazed sheep" - green with sheepy print

      ********************

      BOOKS - Knitting, Spinning and Weaving

      *** a tip for utilizing the postal rates on heavy items - it seems to cost the same for 1.9 kg as it does for 1 kg when sending the same size box- so grouping items makes a more economical pkg

      A. Anne Field Grouping - new books - REDUCED to $55
      Includes:
      a) The Ashford Book of Spinning - Revised Edition OOP
      b) Spinning Wool - Beyond the Basics
      c) Learn to Spin with Anne Field

      B. Alice Starmore Grouping - new reprints - Retail $82, REDUCED to $38
      a) Alice Starmore "Charts for Color Knitting"
      b) Alice Starmore "Fair Isle Knitting"
      c) Alice Starmore "Aran Knitting"

      C. Amy Herzog "Knit To Flatter" - Retail $25, REDUCED to $15 ... or -- FREE with purchase of $95 or more from this list

      D. Teeny Tiny Mochimochi, Anna Hrachovec - Retail $20, REDUCED to $8 ... or -- FREE with purchase of $50 or more from this list

      E. Indie Socks! - Book by Chrissy Gardiner profiling 24 Indie Sock Yarn Dyers with amazing patterns both charted and written - Retail $30, REDUCED to $15 ... or -- FREE with purchase of $75 or more from this list

      F. Lisa Lloyd Grouping - new books - Retail $65, REDUCED to $38
      Includes:
      a) A Fine Fleece, hc
      b) The Wild Fibers Collection - Volume One, sc
      c) Thistle and Fox Socks, sc - spiral bound

      G. Interweave Knit & Spin - sc (now unavailable) - No longer in print - REDUCED to $9

      H. Alana Dakos/Hannah Fettig Bundle - Paid $44, REDUCED to $25
      Includes:
      a) Botanical Knits
      https://botanicalknits.com/
      and
      b) Coastal Knits (with Hannah Fettig)
      https://www.coastalknits.com/

      I. Fiber Wild "Shepherdess Shawl" - "Feminine and warm, small chevron pattern" - Retail $5 - FREE with purchase of $15 or more from this list

      J. A Legacy of Shetland Lace - newly imported from the UK - Retail $50, REDUCED to $32