Lots of New Items to Destash - Hiya Hiya Interchangeables, Socks That Rock, Brooklyn Tweed Yarn/Projects, Lizard Spock Project Bag, Signatures, more reductions

  • Janet Arthur
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 20, 2013
      Following a disastrous knitting day where it was again proven to me that I need to address my knitting limitations, I have added even more items from my stash.
      I have updated the list and removed items now confirmed sold. Remaining items have been renumbered to include the new additions. All other previous posts are not applicable as this is the only current list of available items. NOTE: some items below are listed as free with a certain $ spent. I'm happy to rebox and quote items already promised to help reduce postage costs.

      Items are new unless otherwise noted and have been carefully stored in a non-smoking home in Ontario, Canada. The prices do not include actual postage costs. When responding for items, please include your full mailing address so that I can get a postage cost for you. If you have any questions, please write to me at jarthur@... or iknitnspin@.... I will accept cheques or money orders. I cannot accept PayPal at this time. Thank you again for helping me with the difficult process of disbursing my stash. Jan

      YARN

      1. "Calvin & Ripple Socks" - Pattern and Yarn - $25
      http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/calvin--ripple-socks
      Yarn: Socks That Rock
      Colour: Gibson (the colourway the designer used in her pattern)
      Content: 100% Superwash Merino
      Yardage: 127 gm/360 yards

      2. Cascade 220 worsted wool x 11 skeins - Retail $95, REDUCED to $55
      a) Pattern by Sally Melville -"Honey's Christmas Stocking" - http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/honeys-christmas-stocking
      b) Sufficient yarn to complete at least two of these stockings - I've cast on to sample but this has created visual strain and I am unable to work this design so am selling my collection of yarns
      Yarn: Cascade 220 (NOT SUPERWASH as this design is to be knit and then felted)
      Yardage: 100 gm = 220 yards
      Colours:
      2403 Eggplant
      7803 Fuchsia x 2
      8010 White
      7830 Orange
      9404 Red x 2
      9430 Dark Green x 2
      8914 Light Green x 2
      Total # of skeins (five are already hand wound into centre-pull balls and ready to knit) - 11

      3. Orkney Angora St.Magnus DK - imported from Scotland
      Content: 50% Angora/50% Lambswool
      Weight: 50 gm/218 yards
      a) Dark Olive x 1 ball - $12
      b) Dark Olive x 1 ball - $12
      My intention was a Rose Red Tam with this yarn (Ysolda Teague)
      http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/rose-red
      NOTE: if purchasing both balls, price will be $22 and will include the pattern

      4. Patons Classic Wool - Bundle A - Retail $42.45, REDUCED to $18
      Includes:
      Sage x 2
      Jade Heather x 1
      Plum Heather x 1
      Old Rose x 1

      5. Patons Classic Wool - Bundle B - Retail $42.45, REDUCED to $18
      Includes:
      Dark Grey Mix x 2
      Grey Mix x 1
      Plum Heather x 1
      New Denim x 1

      6. Madelinetosh Pashmina - discontinued shade "Wren" - REDUCED to $22

      7. ZwergerGarn - Opal Sock & Sweater Yarn - Handpainted - Retail $112, REDUCED to $55
      NOTE: this is a link to my project page to show colourway of an already finished project - http://www.ravelry.com/projects/artcom/kaleidoscope-lace-cardigan
      Yardage: 100 gm/425 m
      Colourway: Rose Hip
      Content: 75% Virgin Wool/25% Polyamide
      # of Skeins: 5 skeins (this handpaint was sold in skeins)
      NOTE: Lovely in the lace cardigan but plan was a Stonington

      **********
      NOTE: take #8, #9 and #10 - pay just $25

      8. Sirdar Snuggly Baby Bamboo - double knitting - priced by colour below or the entire grouping for $20
      Retail $8 each, asking $5 each
      Content: 80% Bamboo/20% Wool
      Yardage: 50 gm/104 yards
      Colours:
      a) Shade 125 x 1 (flip flop)
      b) Shade 125 x 1 (flip flop)
      c) Shade 123 x 1 (yummy yellow)
      d) Shade 124 x 1 (perky pink)
      e) Shade 155 x 1 (limey)

      9. Lana Grossa "Elastico" DK - priced by colour below or the entire grouping for $16
      Retail $10, asking $5 each - Made in Italy
      Content: 96 Cotton/4 Polyester
      Yardage: 50 gm/176 yards
      Colours:
      a) 036 (off white)
      b) 093 (blue turquoise)
      c) 090 (pale pink rose)
      d) 094 (grass green)

      10. Queensland Collections "Sugar Rush" - Retail $18, asking $8
      100% sugar cane
      Yardage - 50 gm /137 yards
      Colours: #22 and #9 (royal and rose)

      11. Brooklyn Tweed "Loft" Fingering - Pattern & Yarn - mega mitten grouping - Retail $64, asking $36
      Project: "Gloaming" Multi-Color Mittens by Leila Raabe (colourway as noted by designer)
      http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/gloaming-mittens
      Yarn: Brooklyn Tweed "Loft" Fingering
      Yardage: 275 yards/50 gm Fingering
      Content: 100% American Targhee-Columbia Wool
      Color 1 Pumpernickel (60 yd)
      Color 2 Woodsmoke (55 yd)
      Color 3 Truffle Hunt (50 yd)
      Color 4 Stormcloud (50 yd)
      NOTE: Given the required yardage for the project and the yardage per skein, there should be approx. 4 pairs of mittens created from this grouping

      12. Brooklyn Tweed "Loft" Fingering - Pattern & Yarn - Retail $35, asking $18
      Project: "Carlisle" Colourwork Mittens" by Jared Flood (colourway as noted by designer)
      http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/carlisle-2
      *see yarn details above for yardage and content
      Color 1 Hayloft (85 yards)
      Color 2 Truffle Hunt (125 yards)
      NOTE: Given the required yardage for the project and the yardage per skein, there should be the ability to knit 2 pairs of mittens from this grouping

      13. Brooklyn Tweed "Loft" Fingering - Pattern & Yarn - Retail $20, asking $9
      Project: "PEI" Loop Scarf with Lace Detailing by Michele Wang
      http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/pei
      *see yarn details above for yardage and content
      Colorway: Cast Iron

      14. Brooklyn Tweed "Shelter" Worsted - Pattern & Yarn - Retail $30, asking $16
      Project: "Flint" Cabled Mittens by Jared Flood
      http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/flint-4
      Yarn: Shelter - worsted weight, 100% American Targhee/Columbia wool
      Colour: Nest x 2
      Yardage: 140 yards

      15. Stephen West's "Caldwell" Men's Cabled Vest - Pattern & Yarn & Toggle Buttons - Retail $143, asking $95
      Includes: Pattern booklet, required yarns to knit up to size XL (51 1/4") and custom buttons
      http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/caldwell
      Yarn: Shelter - worsted weight, 100% American Targhee/Columbia wool
      Colour: Nest x 8
      Woodsmoke x 2
      Yardage: 140 yards
      Buttons: 5 x Toggle - 1 1/2" length - sew thru-style, write for a photo if desired - Retail $2.50 each

      16. Hedgehog Fibers - Sock Yarn (imported from Ireland) - $18
      Content: 85 Superwash Merino/15 Nylon
      Colourway: Rusty Nail
      Yardage: 100 gm/350 m

      17. Schoppel Zauberball - purchased to knit an Ishbel (design by Ysolda Teague) - $14
      NOTE: this is a WIP - 3" knit - just a tiny bit as it is cast on with a few stitches
      Yardage: 420 m
      Colour: 1872 (Brombeeren)

      18. Pagewood Farm "Denali" Hand-dyed Sock Yarn - $15
      Colourway: Mississippi Mud
      Content: Merino/Nylon 80/20
      Weight: 4 oz/450 yards

      19. Blue Moon Fiber Arts - Sock Kit for "Rock and Weave" socks by A.Karen Alfke - $25
      http://www.bluemoonfiberarts.com/newmoon/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7_13&products_id=28
      Yarn: Socks That Rock Medium Weight
      Colourway: Fairgrounds (as used by the designer in her photo)
      Content: 100% superwash merino
      Weight: 179 gm/405 yards

      20. Required imported yarns for Stephen West's "Barndom" design (required colours for the 2 color version) - $48
      http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/barndom
      Pattern is found in "Made for Movement" Book 4 - this listing is for YARN ONLY
      Yarn A: Juno Fibre Arts "Belle" (70% UK Alpaca/30%)
      437 yards/100 gm
      Colourway: "Latte"
      Yarn B: Skein Top Draw Socks (85% Superwash Merino, 15% Nylon)
      420 yards/100 gm
      Colourway: "Hazel"

      ********************

      KNITTING NEEDLES & Miscl.

      20. Della Q Knitting Essentials - Designer Fabric Needle Cases - Retail $76, REDUCED $45
      Style: The Que Grand - Circular Needle Case US 000 - 17, Style #175-1
      Fabric: Raspberry Martini Print
      http://www.dellaq.com/p/the-que-grandcircular-needle-case#093-Raspberry%20Martini

      21. Hiya Hiya Interchangeable Steel - Mega Bundle - Retail $215, REDUCED to $148
      Includes:
      a) Hiya Hiya Steel Interchangeable 5" Kit - small sizes 2-8 - (purple case) Retail $80
      b) Hiya Hiya Steel Interchangeable 5" Kit - large sizes 9-15 - (navy case) Retail $80
      c) Hiya Hiya Interchangeable Tips - 3 mm - Retail $9.50 (only available if purchased separately from the kit)
      d) Hiya Hiya Interchangeable Cords - Large Diameter - Retail ($6.50 each = $13):
      32/34" x 1
      40/42" x 1
      e) Hiya Hiya Interchangeable Cords - Small Diameter - Retail ($6.50 each = $32.50)
      32/34" x 2
      40/42" x 3

      22. KA Bamboo 4.25 mm Needle Grouping - in pkg, never used - Retail $45, REDUCED to $19
      Includes (collected every option found for the 4.25 mm gauge so hard to find:
      a) 8" set of double pointed needles
      b) 16" circular
      c) 24" circular
      d) 29" circular
      e) 36" circular

      23. Signature Needle Arts - double pointed set of 6 with 2 tubes for storage - Retail $72.75, REDUCED to $43
      Tip Style: Stiletto
      Size: 5 mm
      Details: Double Point Set - NOTE: 6 needles - 8" length
      Tube x 2 for the dpns - Retail $72.75 (6 needles and 2 tubes)

      24. Stitched by JessaLu - Project Box Bag - Zippered - new - Retail $30, asking $18
      http://stitchedbyjessalu.bigcartel.com/product/big-bang-theory-rock-paper-scissors-lizard-spock
      Print: The Big Bang Inspired hard-to-find print "Rock Paper Scissors Lizard Spock"
      Size: 7 1/2" x 4 1/2" x 3 1/2"

      25. Madbird Pattern Wallet - full sized - Retail $24, asking $15
      http://www.madbird.net/category/full-size-pattern-wallets - this is a link to the site which explains the wallet, not the actual fabric pattern
      Fabric Pattern - "grazed sheep" - green with sheepy print

      ********************

      BOOKS - Knitting, Spinning and Weaving

      *** a tip for utilizing the postal rates on heavy items - it seems to cost the same for 1.9 kg as it does for 1 kg when sending the same size box- so grouping items makes a more economical pkg

      A. Anne Field Grouping - new books - REDUCED to $55
      Includes:
      a) The Ashford Book of Spinning - Revised Edition OOP
      b) Spinning Wool - Beyond the Basics
      c) Learn to Spin with Anne Field

      B. Alice Starmore Grouping - new reprints - Retail $82, REDUCED to $38
      a) Alice Starmore "Charts for Color Knitting"
      b) Alice Starmore "Fair Isle Knitting"
      c) Alice Starmore "Aran Knitting"

      C. Amy Herzog "Knit To Flatter" - Retail $25, REDUCED to $15 ... or -- FREE with purchase of $95 or more from this list

      D. Teeny Tiny Mochimochi, Anna Hrachovec - Retail $20, REDUCED to $8 ... or -- FREE with purchase of $50 or more from this list

      E. Indie Socks! - Book by Chrissy Gardiner profiling 24 Indie Sock Yarn Dyers with amazing patterns both charted and written - Retail $30, REDUCED to $15 ... or -- FREE with purchase of $75 or more from this list

      F. Shuttle Spindle & Dyepot Collection - 44 magazines - REDUCED to $20
      Articles on Spinning, Weaving and Dyeing
      NOTE: corners are clipped (top upper right) but generally in amazing condition given age) *** some issues available from the publisher still at $9 each but many OOP already
      Included:
      Issue 25 Winter 1975
      Issue 26 Spring 1976, Issue 27 Summer 1976 - two small cover tears, Issue 28 Fall 1976, Issue 29 Winter 1976
      Issue 30 Spring 1977, Issue 31 Summer 1977, Issue 32 Fall 1977
      Issue 34 Spring 1978, Issue 35 Summer 1978, Issue 37 Winter 1978
      Issue 38 Spring 1979, Issue 41 Winter 1979
      Issue 42 Spring 1980, Issue 43 Summer 1980, Issue 44 Fall 1980, Issue 45 Winter 1980
      Issue 46 Spring 1981, Issue 47 Summer 1981, Issue 48 Fall 1981
      Issue 50 Spring 1982 , Issue 51 Summer 1982, Issue 52 Fall 1982, Issue 53 Winter 1982
      Issue 54 Spring 1983, Issue 55 Summer 1983, Issue 56 Fall 1983, Issue 57 Winter 1983
      Issue 58 Spring 1984, Issue 59 Summer 1984, Issue 61 Winter 1984
      Issue 63 Summer 1985, Issue 64 Fall 1985, Issue 65 Winter 1985
      Issue 67 Summer 1986, Issue 68 Fall 1986, Issue 69 Winter 1986
      Issue 70 Spring 1987, Issue 71 Summer 1987, Issue 73 Winter 1987/88
      Issue 76 Fall 1988, Issue 77 Winter 1988/89
      Issue 78 Spring 1989, Issue 79 Summer 1989

      G. Lisa Lloyd Grouping - new books - Retail $65, REDUCED to $38
      Includes:
      a) A Fine Fleece, hc
      b) The Wild Fibers Collection - Volume One, sc
      c) Thistle and Fox Socks, sc - spiral bound

      H. Knitting Around The World - hc by Nela Largi - Retail $35, REDUCED to $17 ... or -- FREE with purchase of $85 or more from this list

      I. Interweave Knit & Spin - sc (now unavailable) - No longer in print - REDUCED to $9 B

      J. Knitting Traditions Bundle (Interweave) - Retail $90 when in print, REDUCED to $55
      Includes:
      6 magazines with 3 of them being unavailable in print from Interweave
      Winter 2010, Fall 2011, Winter 2011, Fall 2012, Winter 2012 , Spring 2013

      K. Lace Duo by Marianne Kinzel - both new condition - Retail $28, REDUCED to $12 ... or -- FREE with purchase of $40 or more from this list
      Includes:
      a) First Book of Modern Lace, sc
      b) Second Book of Modern Lace, sc

      L. FiberArts - Jan/Feb 1979 - REDUCED to $5 ... or -- FREE with purchase of $10 or more from this list
      Vintage - thorough Equipment review of wheels and looms

      M. Shuttle Spindle & Dyepot - excellent condition, notation on both covers - Issues #39 and #40 - FREE with purchase of $10 or more from this list

      N. Alana Dakos/Hannah Fettig Bundle - Paid $44, REDUCED to $25
      Includes:
      a) Botanical Knits
      b) Coastal Knits (with Hannah Fettig)

      O. Fiber Wild "Shepherdess Shawl" - "Feminine and warm, small chevron pattern" - Retail $5 - FREE with purchase of $15 or more from this list

      P. A Legacy of Shetland Lace - newly imported from the UK - Retail $50, REDUCED to $32