Destashing - reductions and new listings - OOP spinning books, project bags, more Hiya Hiya interchangeable needles, Signature needles & yarn galore

  • Janet Arthur
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 17, 2013
      Here we go again ... more of my stash to downsize. The process is never easy but you are all making it so much less difficult for me. Thank you all!! Many new treasures listed here as well as reductions on previously posted items that remain.

      Items are new unless otherwise noted and have been carefully stored in a non-smoking home in Ontario, Canada. The prices do not include actual postage costs. When responding for items, please include your full mailing address so that I can get a postage cost for you. If you have any questions, please write to me at jarthur@... or iknitnspin@.... I will accept cheques or money orders. I cannot accept PayPal at this time. Thank you again for helping me with the difficult process of disbursing my stash. Jan

      SPINNING and WEAVING and KNITTING BOOKS
      *** a tip for utilizing the postal rates on heavy items - it seems to cost the same for 1.9 kg as it does for 1 kg when sending the same size box- so grouping items makes a more economical pkg

      1. Anne Field Grouping - new books - REDUCED to $75
      Includes:
      a) The Ashford Book of Spinning - Revised Edition OOP
      b) Spinning Wool - Beyond the Basics
      c) Learn to Spin with Anne Field

      2. Chris Switzer Grouping - new books (autographed, handspun samples inserted in the book by author) - Retail $40 , REDUCED to $22
      Includes - Autographed copies
      a) Spinning Llama and Alpaca - 3rd Edition
      b) Projects for Alpaca and Llama

      3. Alice Starmore Grouping - new reprints - Retail $82, REDUCED to $38
      a) Alice Starmore "Charts for Color Knitting"
      b) Alice Starmore "Fair Isle Knitting"
      c) Alice Starmore "Aran Knitting"

      4. Amy Herzog "Knit To Flatter" - Retail $25, REDUCED to $15

      5. Teeny Tiny Mochimochi, Anna Hrachovec - Retail $20, REDUCED to $8

      6. Indie Socks! - Book by Chrissy Gardiner profiling 24 Indie Sock Yarn Dyers with amazing patterns both charted and written - Retail $30, REDUCED to $14

      7. A Knitter's Journal - hc - Schoolhouse Press - Retail $12, REDUCED to $6

      8. Einband - Icelandic Lace - sc - purchased at Schoolhouse Press - Retail $15, REDUCED to $8

      9. Shuttle Spindle & Dyepot Collection - 44 magazines - Free for the cost of postage plus $20
      Articles on Spinning, Weaving and Dyeing
      NOTE: corners are clipped (top upper right) but generally in amazing condition given age) *** some issues available from the publisher still at $9 each but many OOP already
      Included:
      Issue 25 Winter 1975
      Issue 26 Spring 1976
      Issue 27 Summer 1976 - two small cover tears
      Issue 28 Fall 1976
      Issue 29 Winter 1976
      Issue 30 Spring 1977
      Issue 31 Summer 1977
      Issue 32 Fall 1977
      Issue 34 Spring 1978
      Issue 35 Summer 1978
      Issue 37 Winter 1978
      Issue 38 Spring 1979
      Issue 41 Winter 1979
      Issue 42 Spring 1980
      Issue 43 Summer 1980
      Issue 44 Fall 1980
      Issue 45 Winter 1980
      Issue 46 Spring 1981
      Issue 47 Summer 1981
      Issue 48 Fall 1981
      Issue 50 Spring 1982
      Issue 51 Summer 1982
      Issue 52 Fall 1982
      Issue 53 Winter 1982
      Issue 54 Spring 1983
      Issue 55 Summer 1983
      Issue 56 Fall 1983
      Issue 57 Winter 1983
      Issue 58 Spring 1984
      Issue 59 Summer 1984
      Issue 61 Winter 1984
      Issue 63 Summer 1985
      Issue 64 Fall 1985
      Issue 65 Winter 1985
      Issue 67 Summer 1986
      Issue 68 Fall 1986
      Issue 69 Winter 1986
      Issue 70 Spring 1987
      Issue 71 Summer 1987
      Issue 73 Winter 1987/88
      Issue 76 Fall 1988
      Issue 77 Winter 1988/89
      Issue 78 Spring 1989
      Issue 79 Summer 1989

      10. Lisa Lloyd Grouping - new books - Retail $65, REDUCED to $38
      Includes:
      a) A Fine Fleece, hc
      b) The Wild Fibers Collection - Volume One, sc
      c) Thistle and Fox Socks, sc - spiral bound

      11. Knitting Around The World - hc by Nela Largi - Retail $35, REDUCED to $17

      12. Interweave Knit & Spin - sc (now unavailable) - No longer in print - REDUCED to $9

      13. Knitting Traditions Bundle (Interweave) - Retail $90 when in print, REDUCED to $55
      Includes 6 magazines with 3 of them being unavailable in print from Interweave:
      Winter 2010, Fall 2011, Winter 2011, Fall 2012, Winter 2012 , Spring 2013

      16. Lace Duo by Marianne Kinzel - both new condition - Retail $28, REDUCED to $10
      Includes:
      a) First Book of Modern Lace, sc
      b) Second Book of Modern Lace, sc

      17. FiberArts - Jan/Feb 1979 - REDUCED to $5 - free with other purchase
      Vintage - thorough Equipment review of wheels and looms

      18. Shuttle Spindle & Dyepot - excellent condition, notation on both covers - Issues #39 and #40 - free with other purchase

      19. Alana Dakos Bundle - Paid $44, REDUCED to $28
      Includes:
      a) Botanical Knits
      b) Coastal Knits (with Hannah Fettig)

      21. Fiber Wild "Shepherdess Shawl" - "Feminine and warm, small chevron pattern" - free with other purchase

      22. Olive & Harry Linder OOP Grouping - REDUCED to $75
      Includes:
      a) Handspinning Flax, sc - OOP
      b) Handspinning Cotton, sc - OOP
      c) Hints from Harry, spiral bound sc - OOP & rare and autographed by Harry Linder

      23. A Legacy of Shetland Lace - newly imported from the UK - Retail $50, REDUCED to $32

      ********

      YARN

      NOTE: Skein Yarn Bundle option - take all 5 skeins (#25 - 28) and pay the REDUCED price of $85

      http://skeinyarn.com/products/top-draw-socks-dyed-to-order - link to the Australian dyer's site for colour reference

      25. Skein Yarn (Australia) - Top Draw Socks x 2 skeins - $44
      Colourway: Hush
      Content: 85% Merino, 15% Nylon
      Yardage: 437 yards/100 gm

      26. Skein Yarn (Australia) - Merino Cashmere Fingering - $22
      Colourway: Hush
      Content: 80% Merino, 20% Cashmere
      Yardage: 437 yards/100 gm

      27. Skein Yarn (Australia) - Top Draw Socks - $22
      Colourway: Savannah
      Content: 85% Merino, 15% Nylon
      Yardage: 437 yards/100 gm

      28. Skein Yarn (Australia) - Merino/Cashmere Fingering - $22
      Colourway: Tuscany
      Content: 80% Merino, 20% Cashmere
      Yardage: 437 yards/100 gm

      ********
      29. Brooklyn Tweed (Jared Flood's wonderful yarn) LOFT (5 skeins of fingering weight) - Retail $95, REDUCED to $45
      Purchased to knit Kvosin" by West Knits - Stephen West - one of the Westy's Besties series
      a) Pattern - http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/kvosin - pattern included with yarn
      b) Sufficient Brooklyn Tweed LOFT (Fingering) to knit the designer's hat - one size to fit 20" circumference, 11" long
      Yarn: Brooklyn Tweed LOFT - 100% wool (grown in Wyoming, spun in New England
      Yardage: 50 gm - 275 yards
      Colourway Greens Version - one skein of each of the following colours:
      Fauna
      Barn Owl
      Artifact
      Birdbook
      Button Jar

      30. Cascade 220 worsted wool x 11 skeins - Retail $95, REDUCED to $58
      a) Pattern by Sally Melville -"Honey's Christmas Stocking" - http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/honeys-christmas-stocking
      b) Sufficient yarn to complete at least two of these stockings - I've cast on to sample but this has created visual strain and I am unable to work this design so am selling my collection of yarns
      Yarn: Cascade 220 (NOT SUPERWASH as this design is to be knit and then felted)
      Yardage: 100 gm = 220 yards
      Colours:
      2403 Eggplant
      7803 Fuchsia x 2
      8010 White
      7830 Orange
      9404 Red x 2
      9430 Dark Green x 2
      8914 Light Green x 2
      Total # of skeins (five are already hand wound into centre-pull balls and ready to knit) - 11

      31. Orkney Angora St.Magnus DK - imported from Scotland - REDUCED to $25 - PENDING
      Colour: Dark Olive x 2 balls
      Weight: 50 gm = 218 yards
      Content: 50% Angora/50% Lambswool
      NOTE: purchased to knit Ysolda Teague's "Rose Red"

      32. Patons Classic Wool - Bundle A - Retail $42.45, REDUCED to $18
      Includes:
      Sage x 2
      Jade Heather x 1
      Plum Heather x 1
      Old Rose x 1

      33. Patons Classic Wool - Bundle B - Retail $42.45, REDUCED to $18
      Includes:
      Dark Grey Mix x 2
      Grey Mix x 1
      Plum Heather x 1
      New Denim x 1

      34. Madelinetosh Pashmina - discontinued shade "Wren" - REDUCED to $22

      35. ZwergerGarn - Opal Sock & Sweater Yarn - Handpainted - Retail $112, asking $60
      NOTE: this is a link to my project page to show colourway of an already finished project - http://www.ravelry.com/projects/artcom/kaleidoscope-lace-cardigan
      Yardage: 100 gm/425 m
      Colourway: Rose Hip
      Content: 75% Virgin Wool/25% Polyamide
      # of Skeins: 5 skeins (this handpaint was sold in skeins)
      NOTE: Lovely in the lace cardigan but plan was a Stonington

      36. Sirdar Snuggly Baby Bamboo - double knitting - priced by colour below or the entire grouping for $20
      Retail $8 each, asking $5 each
      Content: 80% Bamboo/20% Wool
      Yardage: 50 gm/104 yards
      Colours:
      a) Shade 125 x 1 (flip flop)
      b) Shade 125 x 1 (flip flop)
      c) Shade 123 x 1 (yummy yellow)
      d) Shade 124 x 1 (perky pink)
      e) Shade 155 x 1 (limey)

      37. Lana Grossa "Elastico" DK - priced by colour below or the entire grouping for $16
      Retail $10, asking $5 each - Made in Italy
      Content: 96 Cotton/4 Polyester
      Yardage: 50 gm/176 yards
      Colours:
      a) 036 (off white)
      b) 093 (blue turquoise)
      c) 090 (pale pink rose)
      d) 094 (grass green)

      38. Queensland Collections "Sugar Rush" - Retail $18, asking $8
      100% sugar cane
      Yardage - 50 gm /137 yards
      Colours: #22 and #9 (royal and rose)

      ********************

      KNITTING NEEDLES & Miscl. (note - I've added items to descriptions/bundles below - please read descriptions)

      40. Hiya Hiya Interchangeable set with 5" tips and fabric brocade case - Retail $109, REDUCED to $65 *** newly bundled
      Includes:
      a) Bamboo Set - Size 2-8 US (2.75-5 mm) tips and cables to make 26" (2), 34" and 42" - Retail $80
      b) Set of size 3 mm Interchangeable Tips (which do not come standard in these kits and must be purchased separately) - Retail $9.50
      c) Hiya Hiya Interchangeable Cord - Small Diameter - Retail $6.50 each = $19.50
      32/34" x 1
      40/42" x 2

      41. Della Q Knitting Essentials - Designer Fabric Needle Cases - REDUCED $45 - PENDING
      Style: The Que Grand - Circular Needle Case US 000 - 17, Style #175-1
      Fabric: Raspberry Martini Print
      http://www.dellaq.com/p/the-que-grandcircular-needle-case#093-Raspberry%20Martini

      42. Hiya Hiya Interchangeable Steel - Mega Bundle - Retail $215, REDUCED to $158
      Includes:
      a) Hiya Hiya Steel Interchangeable 5" Kit - small sizes 2-8 - (purple case) Retail $80
      b) Hiya Hiya Steel Interchangeable 5" Kit - large sizes 9-15 - (navy case) Retail $80
      c) Hiya Hiya Interchangeable Tips - 3 mm - Retail $9.50 (only available if purchased separately from the kit)
      d) Hiya Hiya Interchangeable Cords - Large Diameter - Retail ($6.50 each = $13):
      32/34" x 1
      40/42" x 1
      e) Hiya Hiya Interchangeable Cords - Small Diameter - Retail ($6.50 each = $32.50)
      32/34" x 2
      40/42" x 3

      43. KA Bamboo 4.25 mm Needle Grouping - in pkg, never used - Retail $45, REDUCED to $22
      Includes (collected every option found for the 4.25 mm gauge so hard to find:
      a) 8" set of double pointed needles
      b) 16" circular
      c) 24" circular
      d) 29" circular
      e) 36" circular

      44. Signature Needle Arts - (new) 5 mm Needle Grouping - Retail $106.75, REDUCED to $65
      Includes:
      Tip Style: Stiletto
      a) Single Point Set, teardrop cap, 10" length - Retail $34
      b) Double Point Set - NOTE: 6 needles - 8" length - Retail $57 + $11.75 (for 6 needles)
      c) Tube x 2 for the dpns - Retail $4

      45. Schoolhouse Press - Elizabeth Zimmermann's Quote - Cream Canvas Knitting Bag with green handles & writing - new with tags on - $15
      Size: 15" x 14.5" x 3"

      46. Stitched by JessaLu - Project Box Bag - Zippered - new - Retail $30, asking $18
      http://stitchedbyjessalu.bigcartel.com/product/big-bang-theory-rock-paper-scissors-lizard-spock
      Print: The Big Bang Inspired hard to find print "Rock Paper Scissors Lizard Spock"
      Size: 7 1/2" x 4 1/2" x 3 1/2"

      47. Madbird Pattern Wallet - full sized - Retail $24, asking $15
      Pattern - "grazed sheep" - green with sheepy print